Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ruth Shields
Dr. Ruth Shields, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include General Practice. Dr. Shields is affiliated with Mobile Infirmary Medical Center, Springhill Memorial Hospital and Providence Hospital. Dr. Shields has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Ruth Shields has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals,...
Dr. Ruth Shields is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.
Dr. Thomas Blessey
Internal Medicine, General Practice
Mobile, AL 0.66 mi26
Dr. John Jacobs V
Mobile, AL 0.74 mi4
Dr. Paul Vonherrmann
Diagnostic Radiology, General Practice, Radiology
Mobile, AL 1.32 mi11