A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruth Shim:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ruth Shim is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shim
ADHD in Adults Patient Education Read our adult ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Shim Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ruth Shim, MD, MPH is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shim graduated from Emory University , Atlanta.
Dr. Shim has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Grady Memorial Hospital
- Morehouse School of Medicine
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ruth Stephanie Shim MD and MPH is a female Psychiatrist, has 8 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Ruth S. Shim practice?
- Dr. Ruth Shim has 1 office location.
Dr. Ruth Shim practices Psychiatry near Atlanta, GA.
See Atlanta Psychiatrists.