Dr. Ruth Tessler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 12th, 2016
First visit. Short but thorough. So far so good.

May 5th, 2016
Dr Tessler is adept and thoughtful. I research everything and she was patient and listened to my choices and preferences. I felt fairly in control with her of my health.

June 20th, 2015
Uncaring
I only saw Dr. Tessler once and found her bedside manner/personality to be quite abrupt. But I thought I'd stick with her, as that didn't mean she was a bad clinician. Most recently I called her service after hours because I had a UTI and needed a prescription called in to my pharmacy. I got a call back from the service (not her) to say she was "not available" and that it would have to be called in in the morning and someone from the office would call me. I couldn't get them to clarify if she picked up the call and told them she was not available, or if she just never picked up the call from the answering service at all. Either way, it's not good. Then, nobody called me the next morning. I finally called at 11:00 AM and after a long hunt down for some sort of answer, was told the nurse wanted me to come in within the next 45 minutes. I will never see this doctor again.

February 21st, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Tessler now for about 3 years. She is extremely thorough so much to say that she had discovered precancerous cells that required follow up. At first she didn't seem that pleasant, not unpleasant just not 'real' personable however after 3 serious follow up procedures that she executed so expertly and smoothly, and all successful, I now trust her with my life... Several improvements have happened in her office which originally was very poor however recently her staff couldn't have been more accommodating obtaining records for me, setting up appointments around my 'travel' schedule, accessible via computer. etc.. And, now I find her very personable. I think Dr. Tessler is a very special and talented Doctor and I feel very fortunate to have found her...

October 6th, 2011
Stay away!
She could care less and does not know what she is doing - all with an attitude! Do yourself a favor and research, ask about her overall track record and then move on!

July 1st, 2011
horrendous bedside manner to a young woman with a serious diagnosis. Was offended when asked for more info.The office staff was even worse. Rude,unprofessional, put on hold than cut off because they couldn't be bothered dealing with me. The office manager was not helpful and had the secretary cut me off after being on hold for 5 minutes. I would stay away from this practice!!!!!!