Dr. Ruthann Rees MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 12th, 2016
Awesome Doctor
I highly recommend Dr. Rees. She has performed prolapse surgery on my 80 year old mother and a hysterectomy on me. Both surgeries were flawless and life changing. I have complete confidence in Dr. Rees and tell others about her.

May 9th, 2016
Always professional friendly staff.

October 19th, 2015
Simply wonderful...
Dr.Rees is wonderful, simply delightful. I have recommended her to a large number of friends. Dr.Rees listens, cares and offers wonderful care and advice. She truly is amazing. She had delivered 3 of our 4 daughters and helped us through a miscarriage. She is highly professional and treats you with respect and her office staff is wonderful. I feel that Dr. Rees takes care of you the way she would want to be treated. It's disheartening to read the sleepy comments on such a talented Dr. as she is and completely bogus. I have been a patient of hers for over 15 years and have nothing but the upmost respect for Dr.Rees what a total blessing and incredible doctor she is. She is in total control whether it be in her office, labor and delivery or surgery room!! High recommend her without hesitation.

October 16th, 2015
Incredible
I have had the privilege to be under Dr. Rees' care for 3 years now. She is not only educated but she is wise as well. She is warm, welcoming, and honest regarding all aspects of your health. My experiences with her and her staff have been nothing short of wonderful. I work in healthcare as well and know quite well the physicians in her field and she is by far the biggest advocate for her patients. She is patient centered in her practice and patient focused in her decisions. She is great at addressing your concerns and questions regarding your health and will be 100% honest with you and also empowers you at the same time to advocate for yourself and your health. She and her staff were phenomenal through my first pregnancy in which i miscarried. And they were just as phenomenal through my 2nd pregnancy in which i carried full term. My birthing experience was great and she was so calm through it and so encouraging. I wouldnt want anyone else to deliver my children. And because of her diligence and care my husband and i have a beautiful healthy baby boy and i had a great recovery with zero complications. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Mother of almost three
Dr. Rees has been my doctor for over five years. She has delivered two healthy babies! She has also been there to reassure me and support me medically and emotionally during a miscarriage. She even treated me long distance while I lived in North Carolina after my miscarriage. I found out I was pregnant with our second child while I was in town. She did tests and ultrasounds just to put us at ease. We moved back and she delivered my second child. Now I am pregnant with our third child. I needed to have knee surgery during my third pregnancy (it had to be done). Dr. Rees again advised me,reassured me and comforted me during a very scary time. She was there during my knee surgery just to make sure things went well and to be supportive! Dr. Rees is only a phone call away. Her staff has always remained prompt, organized, and attentive!! I could not ask for a better doctor!!! We consider her a friend and loyal doctor.

Best OB in Columbus, GA
Dr. Reed is an incredible physician and surgeon. She is very patient, always provides great treatment, and does not leave you out of the decision making process. Our son required an emergency C and was in distress. She kept us calm, and delivered our beautiful boy. We consider Dr. Rees as an extension to our family.

Dr. Rees is exceptional!
Dr. Rees came highly recommended by family, friends, and coworkers. And she didn't disappoint. She was very honest with me at all times and I trusted her completely; she's done this for many years so there was no reason not to. She was so friendly and comforting during every appt and exam. She even remembered my husband by name when he would come with me. She came to visit me in OB Triage when I thought I was going into early labor when it was a requirement for her to be there and was so sweet and comforting. I could always call her cell when I was having any questions to help ease my mind. My experience at the hospital when I was in labor was fantastic all thanks to Dr. Rees. She still keeps up with me and my baby girl today. We certainly love her and know we will be in great hands when it comes to baby #2!

September 2nd, 2015
Dr. Rees has been wonderful. As a husband you always want to make sure your pregnant wife is being taken care of. Dr Rees has delivered both healthy boys. Thanks to Dr. Rees we now are expecting our 3rd child which she will deliver.

August 7th, 2015
Worst doctor in the tri-city area
I would rather see a medicaid doctor and pay them out of my pocket than see this doctor with my insurance!!!! Shes a crook!!!

July 12th, 2015
RUN 4 UR LIFE
This doctors office is poorly managed. You call and ask for the office manager and the office staff says that is Dr. How can you focus 110% on patient care if youre also responsible for the customer service side of the practice.. I have never met kinder office staff. Her front office has always greeted me with a smile even though you can see the stress on their face. Her medical assistants are always nice and spend more time focused on my concerns than she ever has. I was in the office for an appointment and the nurse had to leave the door cracked for the monitor to be heard, I over hear the dr. Going off on a medical assistant becaus she didnt give eenough verbal information on the patient. ... HELLO go read it yourself.... all of my other doctors have a lap top they bring into the exam room... I could go on and on, but my point is run for the hills... she may have great staff, but they will move on once they get a grip. Rude rude rude

April 24th, 2015
Do Not Recommend
Overall I had an awful experience. She is also becomes very rude if you do not agree with her opinions or beliefs. I do not recommed anyone to her.

February 10th, 2015
She is not pro-life or in favor of patients making informed decisions
Her website says that she treats patients with dignity. That is simply not true. We went to Dr. Rees after very unexpectedly getting pregnant with our 7th child after a traumatic birth that would make for a risky pregnancy. She agreed to take me as a patient. The care and the C-section were both good for that pregnancy. However, she advised us not to have any more children. For religious reasons, my husband and I won't use hormonal or surgical birth control. Eight months after that birth, we were pregnant again and went to see the doctor. Unfortunately, I went alone, and was treated like a pariah. She accused my husband of being abusive or controlling. Otherwise, why would I go against her medical advice? I was in tears, and asked her what exactly she wanted me to do, since I was already pregnant. Did she want me to have an abortion?? She claimed to be pro-life, but she's not pro-baby. She continued her care for me for the first trimester, but then dropped me as a patient after telling us how negligent we were to get pregnant in a risky situation. We told her that we would not hold her responsible for the outcome, and even offered to sign a legal waiver, understanding that she couldn't guarantee us a successful delivery or live birth. I completely respect that she is within her rights to only take patients that she deems are suitable for her practice. My complaint is not with her refusal to see me as a patient, but with her treatment of me as in individual. She did not treat me with dignity or respect me as an intelligent person, able to make tough decisions and live with the consequences. We went to a perinatologist (high risk OB) in Atlanta, and had a healthy baby and a good delivery. That doctor informed us that we could have more children. In case you are wondering, he is Dr. Bootstaylor, a natural minded OB who backs up a group of midwives and provides family-centered cesareans for women who need them. He was never stressed or worried about our situation, always very relaxed and positive. He never made us feel like rubbish for getting pregnant in a less than ideal situation. Run far away from Dr. Ruthann Rees.