Plastic Surgeon, Otolaryngologist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com. CitySearch.
by Kelly,Rivera on Feb 9th, 2015

I came in to see to dr.campano for a medical appointment. She was so pleasant and actually took the time to listen to all the symptoms that I was going through to try and help me the best way she can! Most doctors just rush and try to get to the point. I felt like she was very helpful! The wait time is not as bad as some other places that will have you waiting up to 3hrs. I seriously recommend her to anyone going through any ENT problems.

Office visit show details Office visit
Feb 2nd, 2015

Like all doctor visit's there was a long wait but worth every minute of it. The Dr. Was very pleasant and was accurate with my diagnosis. The staff were also very nice.

She Rocks show details She Rocks
by Carmen R on Dec 18th, 2014

I had the best consultation both medical and cosmetic with Dr Campano. She and her staff are very professional, courteous and friendly. I have been recommending my friends and family to her and will continue. I love that she is local, I don't have to go down below at all. She is definitely worth the wait.

not worth it show details not worth it
by Nancy on Dec 14th, 2014

After seeing lots of media coverage in our community, I went for a consultation. I knew she was doing Botox at Salon Parties and advertising her CO2 laser treatment. Even though it cost a few thousand dollars, I decided to have it done after she told me it would take 10years off my aging skin. She claimed that it would remove all the sun damage from my face, neck and hands. There was very little followup and no aftercare provided even though I was calling and sending pictures daily. I was truely concerned. I called the office numerous times. The staff always seemed very defensive and arrogant. At 1 point 2 months after the treatment I went to Urgent Care and the physician asked me if I had a botched plastic surgery. 18 months later, I have scars on my chest and face. All she ever told me was to stay "slathered" in a vasoline type ointment.The hyper pigmentation is worse and all the lines and wrinkles I had previous are still there. She should not be doing these procedures. I have been in another dermatologists care for the past year, trying to repair the damage she did with her fraxel laser.

I just walked away from that place... show details I just walked away from that place...
by Megan on May 5th, 2014

Place is clean and nice and if you have an appointment, there isn't a wait time. I have a special situation of surgery that some doctors don't want to do it. (Total cost of $10-15K) SO I asked staff if they could pass my yes/no question to doctor. They didn't without charging me a co-payment and my insurance $400-$500 for CONSULTATION. (The office manager told me that they are going to charge insurance a lot for simple consultation so she offered me to leave the office if I want to which I did) No matter I’m paying or my insurance is, I preferred to find a doctor who understands that I’m there because I need help and I’m in a bad condition. My insurance would pay the bills because I have a great insurance but I couldn't TRUST her because I felt she doesn't care about me, all she wants is my MONEY. I hope my message is clear enough. Good Luck

Aug 20th, 2013

Expect at least a two hour wait followed by a 10 min appointment with the doctor. She triple and quadruple books each appointment time. She is very friendly, but make no mistake, she is all about the money with her cosmetics on sale in the waiting room. Waiting room is very uncomfortable, especially for a two hour wait. Making your patients wait that long is disrespectful to them. I will never go back or recommend her. Her husband is an attorney, and she told me that he had "saved my a** more than once." That concerned me.

Jun 11th, 2013

THE STAFF IS VERY RUDE, WAITING TIME MORE THAN TWO HOURS, BILLING CHARGES FOR PROCEDURES NOT PERFORMED, AND MD REFUSING TO GIVE ME MY MEDICAL RECORDS!

Very professional and curteous. Thorough exam and great results! Have recommended several people and all pleased with their visits and results. show details Very professional and curteous. Thorough exam and great results! Have recommended several people and all pleased with their visits and results.
May 14th, 2013

did nothing show details did nothing
May 10th, 2013

Had a terrible sore throat, the doctor said my throat was inflamed and did nothing, no swab testing, no blood work, she did absolutely nothing. Told me it would eventually go away. Went to another doctor, he did swab test of my throat turns out I have an infection and need medication. Would not recommend this doctor.

didn't see the dr. show details didn't see the dr.
Feb 10th, 2012

The waiting room was cramped, with 15 people there. I waited 30 min. And they announced it would be at least another 30 minutes in the waiting room. I rescheduled for 3weeks later, but I am thinking of cancelling it and finding a better place.

Beware!!! show details Beware!!!
by Anonymous on Sep 23rd, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

My primary doctor sent me to Dr. Campano because of horseness that has lasted more than 3 months. Dr. Campano diagnosed me with Acid Reflux and presc ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
BEWARE!!!! show details BEWARE!!!!
by May1966 at Citysearch on Sep 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was referred to Dr. Campano because of horseness. Dr. Campano diagnosed me with Acid Reflux and gave me a prescription for Omeprazole. I spent the money to get the prescription filled and as always, I read the literature that came with the Omeprazole. That may possibly have saved my life! In bold letters it said DO NOT TAKE WITH WARFARIN. Warfarin is a blood thinner and guess what I take it and it is clearly noted in my file! I called Dr. Campano`s office at least 3 times to explain the error and request a prescription for a medication that is compatible with Warfarin. It has been several weeks and Dr. Campano or her staff have not bothered to return my call. Dr. Campano is also in the cosmetic surgery business and I guess that pays way better than treating Acid Reflux. If you need a face lift, maybe she is the doctor for you. If you need serious medical treatment, continue your search. This doctor is dangerous!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Love her show details Love her
Aug 21st, 2010

I found Dr Campano to be one of the most intelligent and professional doctors I have visited with in a long time. She knew exactly what to do immediately. I love the fact that she is also a facial plastic surgeon, my birthday was coming up and my husband was able to get me a gift certificate for her cosmetic procedures, now I do not only feel great on the inside I look beautiful on the outside. Thank you so much Dr Campano you are a lifesaver, we love you and have referred our family and friends to you!!!!

Better off heading out of town show details Better off heading out of town
Aug 12th, 2010

After meeting with Dr. Campano and her staff it is clear that they are far more concerned with your wallet than with your health. My experience was that they claimed they did not take my insurance after I had verfied with them the week before that they did. Had to have the insurance company call them and inform them that they were going to accept what they were being paid - they had to reference their contract with Dr. Campano. This was after my being threatened by the person in charge of billing. In addition, the info-mercial feel of her office with her "beauty products" for sale is very unprofessional. I understand that she is now branching out into plastic surgery and liposuction - which is hard to understand as she's an ENT by training, but oh well.Since she's the only ENT in town most think they have little choice. Save yourself time and money and just go out of town. If Dr. Campano were as concerned with health care and her patients as she is in making a buck she'd be worth visiting. But that is not the case.

Rude Manner show details Rude Manner
Apr 7th, 2010

I found Dr. Ruwanthi extremely rude and uncaring. Herattitude exhibited what I perceived to be arrogance and afeeling of superiority. I felt embarassed and insulted byher. I will never go back and I feel a twinge of anger everytime I even see her picture in the local paper. She shouldthink more of her patients and less of herself.

TERRIBLE STAFF show details TERRIBLE STAFF
Mar 15th, 2010

MY PRIMARY DOCTOR SCHEDUALED MY APPOINTMENT THAT THAT WAS UNFORTUNATELY 4 WEEKS AWAY, THEN THEY CANCELLED THAT ONE. WHEN I CALLED TO RESCHEDUALE THE STAFF WAS SO RUDE, HUNG UP ABRUPTLY, JUST SOOOOO RUDE. WHEN I FINALLY WENT TO THE OFFICE THE DOCTOR WAS VERY COLD AT FIRST THEN WARMED UP A LITTLE, BUT STILL LEFT ME FEELING STRANGE. I HAVE DECIDED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR MY NEEDS

Love her and staff show details Love her and staff
Oct 8th, 2009

I would and have recommened her to my friends. Her and her staff have great bedside manner. I have had several appointments and surgery. My average wait time is 15-20 minutes.Very attentive to my needs, questions and concerns

by lost patient on Sep 23rd, 2009

Office staff made many mistakes from ordering the wrong CT even after the xray lab called to question it! which cost me $100's to overcharging my copay and never refunding the credit on my accout!!!! Plus they are very rude and uncaring over the phone!!

Let the waiting begin!! show details Let the waiting begin!!
by JT on Aug 25th, 2009

I arrived 15 mins early to my appt to fill out my inital paperwork and get the copay out of the way.I was led into the pt room at my scheduled time to be seen by Dr Campano. After sitting in the pts chair for 40mins after my set appointment time, I popped my head out to ask the staff when I was to be seen.They politely asked her about my inquiry, the Dr. was talking and laughing with a pt in the next room the entire time I was in the pts room. She informed them that it would be a few minutes.Well, I waited for another 20 minutes without being seen. Bringing my total time of waiting to be seen up to 1 hour. Without so much as a hello or sorry we are behind schedule or any ounce of customer service I decided I had to leave both out of frustration and the fact I had another engagement I had scheduled for later on that day. The staff was not happy that I requested my copay back. While the staff seemed fine the behavior and customer service of this provider is subpar.I wish this Doctor would spend less time and money advertising in our local papers and publications, less time on her infomercial and setting up her lobby like a retail outfit and would spend more focus on who would be actually using her product lines and services.....her patients. "Bad word of mouth spreads faster than good advertising."

Scam artist/plays "bait and switch"/doesn't stand behind work show details Scam artist/plays "bait and switch"/doesn't stand behind work
by Melanie, Lancaster, Ca on Jul 17th, 2008

Went for consultation to get estimate on laser treatment primarily for capillary on left side of nose. Was conned into a series of IPL Treatments for the rest of my face and laser specifically for the left side of nose. Was told that a series of 3 treatments would be needed for each and the total fee $900 ($600 for the IPL & $300 for the laser) which was ALL payable in advance. Although my neice told me to go to a dermatologist, I was taken-in by Dr. C's "spiel" about how she lives in this area and takes pride in her work so that when she sees her patient's "faces" around town she is proud,etc. Bottom line, after the 3rd and final treatment the capillary on the side of nose was bigger than ever. Made an appointment to show this to her fully expecting her to fix it. She looked at it, said it was refilling with blood from a "feeder" and would need a couple of more treatments. I expressed my dissatifaction as the nose was the main reason I went in there. Asked her if there would be additional charge, she said "YES" but would give me a discount. She left the room and a few minutes later someone from her office staff came in and told me (the "doctor" didn't even have the courtesy to do it herself) that the doctor had looked at my chart and declared that there would be no discount because "they had given me a huge discount already". That was not true.I hadn't quibbled about the cost at all and any discount they may have given was due to the 2 proceedures being done back to back during the 3 visits which saved the doctor's time. I have paid $900 for nothing. As a matter of fact the capillary on the nose looks worse than it ever did. A dermatologist would know that you must go after the feeder, duh! I am considering legal action. She should stick to her ENT practice which hopefully she is knowedgeable about. You are BOMBARDED with her "beauty" treatment advertising from the moment you step into the office. A nonstop infomercial plays on the TV in the lobby (drives you nuts). She is obviously getting on the "make money as much and as fast as possible" by jumping on the beauty bandwagon..it's disgusting. BEWARE of this doctor...wish I had.

needs better front desk staff show details needs better front desk staff
Jun 20th, 2008

phone staff is lacking in manners when asked questions, short and has no empathy for patient. No follow up when they say they will. I had to call several times to make sure they did what was needed.