Dr. Ruxandra Mares MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 4 reviews

November 28th, 2015
Put me on medication that wasn't even my diagnosis and it made me a walking zombie and I lost three years of my life because of her. I'll never forget her and she should be out of practice and sued. I lost myself, interstate in life, was easily controlled and used by others, family and friends shunned me because they thought I was abusing street drugs. Do NOT go to this woman. She will hurt you, not help you and take your money and insurance!!!!

June 3rd, 2013
ADHD child
Referred by out of town doctor who highly recommended her as one of the best in our area. Patient was on Medicaid CMO and Dr. Mares was one of the few doctors in my area who takes CMOs. Grandson has seen her 2xs now and I have not had any problems. My biggest complaint is they office is not prompt and wait is long. Last appointment was scheduled for 3:15 and when I arrived I was informed there would be a 2 hr wait and unfortunately grandson had a therapy appointment at 4:30, so had to reschedule. My pediatrician said she doesn't recommend her because she over medicates or gives strange prescriptions and doesn't address medication issues, but as of yet we have not had an issue, but we came to her with him already being on a medication regimen with no issues.

July 27th, 2011
Uninterested and Uncaring
I felt rushed through each of my 7 sessions with Dr. Mares. She would ask the same questions repeatedly though she was constantly writing in my file. Each appointment I would have to rehash everything from the appointment before and some things discussed during my current appointment! She showed no interest in exploring treatment options or discussing any problems or concerns I brought to her. She immediately diagnosed me with depression (though I show no signs of depression and have never felt depressed a day in my life and told her so many, many times!) and put me on a myriad of medications. When I had a reaction to one of the medications prescribed she re-prescribed it twice and I had to tell her each appointment that "this is the medication that causes me to faint, remember?" though it should have been written in my file from the 4 separate appointments I told her about it. When one of the medications proved not to work she just increased the dose 5 TIMES until I was taking two of the highest milligram pills available (still to no avail). In general she just showed that she wasn't listening at all during my appointments, was uninterested in exploring or discussing anything - just wanted to write me a prescription and shift me out the door - and that she didn't care whether or not the medications actually worked, just that she had 4 medications she preferred and continued to write scripts for them no matter what their side effects or uselessness were.

July 17th, 2010
This dr. does not listen. But, the major problem I have is she discussed what she perceived my dx to be with a friend who happens to also be her patient. I am following up on the legality of this, but I wouldnt recommend her to a dog.