Dr. Ryan Barrett, DO
Surgeon, Neurological Surgeon, Neurologist

by Gina R on Apr 19th, 2015

Dr Barrett is very pleasant, courteous and professional physician. He performed surgery on me and I was very pleased. I never felt rushed or that any of my questions were irrelevant or unwarranted. He was very thorough in explaining his plan of care and what I should expect. Whenever I ran into hospital staff where he works, they voluntarily verbalized high regard for his work, just as I am doing now. I have no regrets and if I had to have surgery again for a problem in his field I wouldn't hesitate going back to him.

Jan 17th, 2015

Feels like a good friend who also happens to be a great doctor.

Patient show details Patient
by Bless A on Dec 28th, 2014

I thank God for giving me a second chance of life during the chaos complication that occurred at the time of my surgery. I felt blessed connected with Dr. Ryan Barrett he is a miracle doctor. He is compassionate, caring, and dedicated doctor. He is very knowledgeable in his own medical practice, I will not hesitate to recommend any person that need his service. If I have to rate him on a scale of medical competency I will give him an A

by Brandy J on Feb 11th, 2014

My husband has a brain tumor and Dr. Barrett was the doctor our hospital chose for us. He has always been nice and helpful and throughout everything has let us know all the options we've had. He has done successful brain surgery on my husband twice and will be doing a third surgery. I trust him, whole heartedly and wouldn't think about going anywhere else. The staff at his offices are always kind and courteous and we have never had any problems with them. All in all, he goes above and beyond for my husband and I would recommend him to anyone in need of serious brain surgery!

Caring and Professional show details Caring and Professional
by Dave R. on Nov 13th, 2013

First thing to know is that this is a very busy practice so you must have a little patience for the good care that is going to be given. The office staff have been nothing but friendly and even called me to let me know that there was going to be a wait and scheduled me a little later in the day for my convenience.

Dec 22nd, 2011

From the first time I met Dr. Barrett he was nothing but concern and caring. I was so messed up and miserable. He has a wonderful staff all the girls are great. I recommend him to anyone that is in need for his expertise. Monique Black

Unprofessional, Uncaring Staff, Poor bedside Manner show details Unprofessional, Uncaring Staff, Poor bedside Manner
Aug 25th, 2011

There is no consideration for the agonizing pain that characterizes the nature of this doctor's specialty. Each visited was set up by the most unprofessional office staff, who had thee most nonchalant, arrogant attitudes both on the phone and in person. On each visit, I waited nearly TWO HOURS, and Dr. Barrett RACED through a ten minute consultation. His bedside manner is awful. I am asking my primary care physician to recommend someone else.

Aug 10th, 2010

This physcian/surgeon is truly gifted. Did have my best interest as his priority and did not force me in a surgical direction was kind compassionate and highly skilled. I fractured my spine. I was an extremely high risk patient who was suffering terribly his knowkege and surgical accumen are outstanding and I am forever grateful for my swmecond chance at living walking and being a wife and mother. I'm approximately one and a half months post operative and am so happy with the surgeon that thus posting cannot do justice to the work he performed and the gratitude for my second chance!

by Lisa on May 17th, 2010

In Chronic Pain after C-Spine surgery. Not my Dr. Was assigned to him. I feel I am not taken seriously as I am in worse condition now than before surgery. Other Doctors tell me things wrong with reports, then he tells me everything is fine. If everything is fine why are my hands numb and pain un-controlled. I have loss use of my Rt arm and Lt arm is on fire. Both hands are numb. Headaches are horrible. Yet I am on pain medication with barely any relief. This has effected my whole life, driving, basically making non functioning. Office does not return call. Office throws you into an endless phone tree. No one answers questions nor could tell me anything about him when I do get through. Tried to speak to Manager. Yet know one knows her hours. They don't turn phone over to answering service at times making getting hold of Physician impossible. I had to call Hospital to get answering service number. I am told I am fine. I am not fine. My symptoms are not fine. I am very frustrated with this whole experience.