Dr. Ryan Holzmacher MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

October 1st, 2012
I am still baffled by this Doctor
I became a patient of Dr Holzmacher 2 1/2 years ago. Over that 2 1/2 years Dr Holzmacher was the nicest, most caring, and most understanding doctor I ever knew. I had office visits once a year which were followed up with monthly phone calls for refills.About 6 months ago Dr Holzmacher stoped calling but did still call in my refill. This past month I had a question about my medication so I called and left a message to request a call back. A few days went by and I did not receive a call back so I called again. Still no response and the pharmacy knew I had a questions so the pharmacy tried to contact him. Dr Holzmacher called in my normal prescription and sent me an email that he was dropping me as a paitient because of the interuptions of my calls and the pharmacy's call. I was baffled! I thought maybe he mistook me for another patient so I tried to contact him again to get this straitened out. After a week of no response from him I tried again to contact him. He finaly responded by email saying that if I tried to contact him in anyway that he would have a restraining order set against me. He also told me that he contacted the Sheriff Department about my harrassment. Both my normal Doctor, the pharmacy and I are just baffled by this.I was his patient for over two years without incident, he told me I was one of his most stable patients, and now this.I have no idea what to think. I obviously will not contact him again but looks like I will never know what prompted all this!
Doctor's Response

I am disappointed by this review. This gentelman was under my care for several years and well aware of my strict policy of NO early refills on narcotics. He became insistent on getting his prescription filled early. Per state law I would not do that and began calling me persistently on my cell phone day and night trying to get the medication. Per our narcotic contract I informed the patient he had violated the agreement and would not see him again. He continued to call my home and cell. I became concerned for my family and notified authorities of the situation. This was an sad experience for me and one I do not want to endure again.

July 9th, 2012
DH
Very compassonite Dr. Will listen to you and not judge you. Great doctor. All I can say is Thank You.

October 12th, 2011
Oh my, he left the clinic
I had several great experiences with Dr. Holzmacher. I found him to be cheerful, pleasant, professional in every way and caring. I hope he can get back into Nephrology once his 'noncompete' clause runs out. The Nephrology community has lost a wonderful Doctor.

June 11th, 2011
Mr. Jeffrey W. Cramer
This Doctor is Awesome....

October 9th, 2010
nncip
Dr Holzmacher was referred to my girlfriend and i by the nncip. Dr H. was an absolute professiional who took care of our needs, and made sure we had what we needed to deal with our pain adequately!!

June 16th, 2017