Internist, Nephrologist (kidney), Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

9120 W. Capitol Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53222
(888) 901-7246
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I am still baffled by this Doctor  |  show details
by A Baffled Patient! on Oct 1st, 2012

I became a patient of Dr Holzmacher 2 1/2 years ago. Over that 2 1/2 years Dr Holzmacher was the nicest, most caring, and most understanding doctor I ever knew. I had office visits once a year which were followed up with monthly phone calls for refills.About 6 months ago Dr Holzmacher stoped calling but did still call in my refill. This past month I had a question about my medication so I called and left a message to request a call back. A few days went by and I did not receive a call back so I called again. Still no response and the pharmacy knew I had a questions so the pharmacy tried to contact him. Dr Holzmacher called in my normal prescription and sent me an email that he was dropping me as a paitient because of the interuptions of my calls and the pharmacy's call. I was baffled! I thought maybe he mistook me for another patient so I tried to contact him again to get this straitened out. After a week of no response from him I tried again to contact him. He finaly responded by email saying that if I tried to contact him in anyway that he would have a restraining order set against me. He also told me that he contacted the Sheriff Department about my harrassment. Both my normal Doctor, the pharmacy and I are just baffled by this.I was his patient for over two years without incident, he told me I was one of his most stable patients, and now this.I have no idea what to think. I obviously will not contact him again but looks like I will never know what prompted all this!

Doctor's Response

I am disappointed by this review. This gentelman was under my care for several years and well aware of my strict policy of NO early refills on narcotics. He became insistent on getting his prescription filled early. Per state law I would not do that and began calling me persistently on my cell phone day and night trying to get the medication. Per our narcotic contract I informed the patient he had violated the agreement and would not see him again. He continued to call my home and cell. I became concerned for my family and notified authorities of the situation. This was an sad experience for me and one I do not want to endure again.

|  DH  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

Very compassonite Dr. Will listen to you and not judge you. Great doctor. All I can say is Thank You.

|  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

I wish I could give an actual rating of this doctor but we never got to actually meet him face to face. After setting up a face to face consultation via the medical consultation company he was contracted with, paying the fee, waiting 2 months for the appointment and traveling several hours to the appointment at a clinic that had so many locks and security measures that it didn't look entirely different from a jail, we were told that there was no appointment for my husband. The doctor via the office manager and reception staff refused to see him because he claimed that he didn't work for the company or have any contact with them. Despite the fact that the office staff seemed to be aware we were coming, judging by the things they were whispering behind the desk that amusingly enough, I could still hear. I should say that we were offered the option of being seen, which we did turn down of our own volition. After a bit of back and forth, the office manager then informed us that the doctor felt bad that we had traveled all that way and could see us, but only if we paid another approximately $300 more. Fee structure was different based on whether you had a pain contract, whether you got a script, etc. They stated they probably didn't take my insurance and seemed a bit surprised that I had insurance anyways. All this and they would also want us to travel back and forth to the clinic on a monthly basis. Apparently trying to double dip with both the consultation company and the clinic? In order to get my money back from the consultation company, I asked that they at least write a letter stating that we were not seen that day. After waiting for a fairly lengthy time to get a simple letter typed up, I asked that they fax it to us instead. Of course, the fax never arrived.For the one pill a day that my disabled husband takes to get by? Totally not worth it! He quit taking the pills altogether after this fiasco and is doing well so far. He finds it less of a life hassle to deal with the extra pain. We probably should have known better, but please learn a lesson from our mistake. If you are seeing this doctor for pain management, proceed with caution. Doctors and clinics such as these appear to be using the governmental crackdown on prescribing narcotics to take advantage of chronically ill people for financial gain. I do feel for doctors having to put their livelihoods on the line and answer to an agency that doesn't have the first clue about medicine but this still does definitely not excuse this sort of behavior. He should have at the very least spoken with us face to face to explain the situation - we were right there.

Doctor's Response

I have no idea what this person is talking about. I work at Advanced Pain Managment and we have no such cash pay policy and I don't see patients through "medical consultation clinics" that accept fees on my behalf. I think this person has the wrong doctor but wish them well.

|  Oh my, he left the clinic  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I had several great experiences with Dr. Holzmacher. I found him to be cheerful, pleasant, professional in every way and caring. I hope he can get back into Nephrology once his 'noncompete' clause runs out. The Nephrology community has lost a wonderful Doctor.

|  Mr. Jeffrey W. Cramer  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

This Doctor is Awesome....

|  nncip  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2010

Dr Holzmacher was referred to my girlfriend and i by the nncip. Dr H. was an absolute professiional who took care of our needs, and made sure we had what we needed to deal with our pain adequately!!