Family Practitioner

3.0

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
 |  Good Doctor if you like vitamins...  |  show details
by Recent former patient on Jun 12th, 2014

I went to Dr. McWhorter for 7 years. he helped me with anxiety but when I developed Fibramyalgia , he was off board with me. He would not help me with pain control or anything else. He is very money hungry. I have patients who go to him (I am a therapist) and he would make them come in and sign paperwork. He would charge them a co-payment and bill their insurance. This is when I lost all respect for him. My patients are DISABLED!!! The first time I met him he did not introduce himself but asked me why the insurance company I worked for paid doctors so little...I should have left his office and never looked back then. He has a good NP there and I saw her for a while but the pain got too bad and I had to find another PCP. He is not interested in sending you out for test of any kind and he loves showing off for his interns. He never took me serious but he was too busy showing off. He gets some of his personality from his step dad, Dr. Tripp...If you need something other than an anti-depressant or a vitamin, Go somewhere else. don't waste your time or money.

|  Take Vitamin D  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2014

I love Dr. McWhorter because he is a very caring but sometimes very adamant about weightloss and vitamin D. For over 10 years or more he has insisted I take Vitamin D, of course Ignored him because I figured taking a multivitamin would be enough. On Dec 23, 2013 I was diagnosed with breast cancer ; stage 1 with 2 cancer cells in my right breast so I had to get a mastectomy. In my research on cancer and having my oncologist and several doctors I see for being diagnosed with the cancer continue to say take vitamin D and green leafy vegggies. Go Figure! Dr. McWhorter has been telling me this over a decade and I did adhere to him. So if Dr. McWhorter tells you to take take vitamin D, please, please listen to him and take the vitamin D. It would have fought off my cancer cells if I had done what he said 10 years ago. Dr. McWhorter is very knowledgeable and for now on, I will do what he says. Prayerfully, you will too. Please take vitamin D!

|  show details
by Jimmy Hughes on Dec 31st, 2013

By all means, I would choose Dr. McWhorter as my doctor at any time. He spends time and listens. He led me to tests that resulted in stents that likely saved my life. He first noticed a kidney dysfunction and referred me to specialist which resulted in the discovery of renal cell carcinoma. On the way back from MD Anderson and a radical nephrectomy, he personally called me to see how I was doing. His staff has always been professional and courteous.

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Sherry on Jun 9th, 2013

From the first time I met with Dr. Mcwhorter he has been very concerned and caring. He listens intently, takes notes, and is very inquisitive about my issues. He provided research and finds up to date information and meds regarding my illness. I find that Dr. Mcwhorter is just the dr. I need, after searching for the one that would truly listen and care enough to give me the help I need.

|  Staff is inept  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

I have been going to Dr McWhorter for over a year now. He is a very competent, caring and skilled physician. However,his staff is unprofessional and incompetent. They do not return phone calls in a timely manner and I have had to consistently micro-manage them. I like Dr McWhorter so very much, but his staff needs to be trained properly, or he may lose patients.

|  Great medical care  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Excellent doctor and staff! I've never been to a more professional and caring place. They were very thorough and sincere in wanting to know about me as a whole person. I'll never go anywhere else!

|  Poor Follow Up  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

After a very professional visit I was advised by my Phamacist that the medicine was not available as prescribed I began a ten day process of trying to get the prescription revised. After the wrong strength was called in for a second time in recent years, I asked for a call to discuss the incident with the nurse. She eventually called another prescription in to the pharmacy but never called to discussit. Written test results were very poorly presented and, once again, no response when I called.

|  Best Dr. Ever  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2012

As far as I am concerned Dr. McWhorter is the best ever. A friend recommended him when I kept having problems that weren't that easy to figure out. Am I ever glad! He figured it out on the very first visit. I am so grateful. Wish I had gone sooner. Staff was great and really seemed to care and hard to believe he was on time. I've never been to a doctor that was on time. Thanks, y'all are the best!

|  show details
Feb 5th, 2012

I have seen him for many years and was referred by a coworker. Almost my whole extended family now goes. He simply is the best at listening and figuring things out. I learn something new everytime. So glad he's my and my family's doctor. He told me this last time that he had learned alot from a patient survey he did and will be working on the suggestions.

|  Satisfied  |  show details
by Completely satisfied on Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr. McWhorter has been my doctor over ten years. There is no one I'd rather see. He is thorough, professional, and treats you like you're his only patient. If he needs to refer you to a specialist, the specialist is always tops in his field. Dr. McWhorter provides me with absolute confidence that I am getting the best health care possible.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

Dr. Mcwhorter was an excellent doctor the first time I went to visit him. Every subsequent time, it seemed like he cared less and less. I have other friends who go to him and they confirmed that he will not make eye contact with you or make you feel like your health concerns are important. He tries to rush you out of there.The staff also treats you like you're just a number. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

|  New to montgomery  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I am new to the area and was please with Dr. MCwhorter and his staff. The receptionist worked me in. They really took their time with me. They were very accomadating in helping me understand my new insurance as well. Love the group.

|  Office staff is terribly unprofessional  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2011

I love Dr. McWhorter as my physician, but his office staff is the most unprofessional group I have ever encountered. They do not return phone calls, don't file insurance correctly and seem completely incompetent. I am ready to change to a different physician because of the trouble I have with his staff.

|  Terrible Nurse  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

Bad attitude and doesn't return calls.

|  My doctor for 10 years  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

Always throughtful and reflective...does not make a rushed diagnosis...very educated