Overall Review

May 22nd, 2015
Exceptional Family Doctor
I've had many family doctors over the years but Dr. McWhorter is the best doctor that has treated me. He is extremely thorough and is very concerned with your "health" rather than just "treating" you. He listens to me and spends more time with me than any doctor I've had. He never rushes the visit. I have done independent research on some of his recommendations and found him to be spot on with his evaluations. His staff is superb and it is very easy to get an appointment with Sonia, his nurse practitioner, if you need more immediate help. If you are looking for an MD that is more interested in finding the root cause of your ailment, rather than just treating the symptoms, Dr. McWhorter is your guy.

April 12th, 2015
wait time for appointment is way to long and they don't seem to try and work you in if you need to see dr. right away.waiting for a call back is way to long also

February 16th, 2015
Dr. McWhorter is thorough and investigative - and spent a huge amount of time with me at my appointment.

February 8th, 2015
Loves his work
You can tell Dr.cWhorter really loves his work. He's a super nerd when it comes to constantly doing research and thinking a bit outside the box. He doesn't just write a prescription without really thinking you need it, but he will if necessary. He tests you and helps with your general everyday health as well as looking for anything out of the ordinary. This guy is smart. He may recommend a vitamin or even a book to read. He never makes you feel rushed and spends the time needed with you. That may be 5 minutes or 45 minutes. I have full faith that I'm in good hands.

January 9th, 2015
Dr. McWhorter is great on the first visit. After that, he seems to give very little attention to the needs of the patient. I have waited for a hour or more on several occasions, & always at least 30 min past appointment time. Twice his office has rejected a refill request & required an appointment, but never contacts me, leaving me without a prescription for several days.

June 12th, 2014
Good Doctor if you like vitamins...
I went to Dr. McWhorter for 7 years. he helped me with anxiety but when I developed Fibramyalgia , he was off board with me. He would not help me with pain control or anything else. He is very money hungry. I have patients who go to him (I am a therapist) and he would make them come in and sign paperwork. He would charge them a co-payment and bill their insurance. This is when I lost all respect for him. My patients are DISABLED!!! The first time I met him he did not introduce himself but asked me why the insurance company I worked for paid doctors so little...I should have left his office and never looked back then. He has a good NP there and I saw her for a while but the pain got too bad and I had to find another PCP. He is not interested in sending you out for test of any kind and he loves showing off for his interns. He never took me serious but he was too busy showing off. He gets some of his personality from his step dad, Dr. Tripp...If you need something other than an anti-depressant or a vitamin, Go somewhere else. don't waste your time or money.

December 31st, 2013
By all means, I would choose Dr. McWhorter as my doctor at any time. He spends time and listens. He led me to tests that resulted in stents that likely saved my life. He first noticed a kidney dysfunction and referred me to specialist which resulted in the discovery of renal cell carcinoma. On the way back from MD Anderson and a radical nephrectomy, he personally called me to see how I was doing. His staff has always been professional and courteous.

June 9th, 2013
Excellent Care
From the first time I met with Dr. Mcwhorter he has been very concerned and caring. He listens intently, takes notes, and is very inquisitive about my issues. He provided research and finds up to date information and meds regarding my illness. I find that Dr. Mcwhorter is just the dr. I need, after searching for the one that would truly listen and care enough to give me the help I need.

October 21st, 2012
Staff is inept
I have been going to Dr McWhorter for over a year now. He is a very competent, caring and skilled physician. However,his staff is unprofessional and incompetent. They do not return phone calls in a timely manner and I have had to consistently micro-manage them. I like Dr McWhorter so very much, but his staff needs to be trained properly, or he may lose patients.

August 15th, 2012
Great medical care
Excellent doctor and staff! I've never been to a more professional and caring place. They were very thorough and sincere in wanting to know about me as a whole person. I'll never go anywhere else!

August 10th, 2012
Poor Follow Up
After a very professional visit I was advised by my Phamacist that the medicine was not available as prescribed I began a ten day process of trying to get the prescription revised. After the wrong strength was called in for a second time in recent years, I asked for a call to discuss the incident with the nurse. She eventually called another prescription in to the pharmacy but never called to discussit. Written test results were very poorly presented and, once again, no response when I called.

June 3rd, 2012
Best Dr. Ever
As far as I am concerned Dr. McWhorter is the best ever. A friend recommended him when I kept having problems that weren't that easy to figure out. Am I ever glad! He figured it out on the very first visit. I am so grateful. Wish I had gone sooner. Staff was great and really seemed to care and hard to believe he was on time. I've never been to a doctor that was on time. Thanks, y'all are the best!