Dr. Ryan Potter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ryan Potter?

Migraine

Get the facts about migraine headaches, including the different types of migraine and migraine triggers.

Have you seen Dr. Ryan Potter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2017

Thank goodness!

If it wasn't for Dr Potter my pain would still be a 20 on a scale of 0 feeling wonderful and 10 being the worst.

December 6th, 2016

For one and half years I have been dealing with unresolved issues. I have seen specialist in the CC and San Antonio area all with no answers. ON my first of many visits with Dr. Potter he was always a step ahead of the specialist. Dr. Potter is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him. He pinpointed my issues !

July 13th, 2016

Very pleased

I am a new patient who met with Dr Potter this week. Having many years clinical hospital experience and was very impressed with his demeanor, knowledge and respect for me as a patient. I have a long history of pain management for spinal deformity with severe degeneration and failed surgeries and have recently relocated to the area. I like to participate in my care and Dr Potter was receptive. His suggestions for future treatment was spot on. I look forward to working with him and under his care in the future.

June 22nd, 2016

Excellent doctor

Dt. Potter did a RF burn on my neck last Thursday . I have had the nerves burned before ,resulting in less pain. I had the same good result this time and I have the anomaly of twin nerves.

December 8th, 2015

educator

Dr. Potter's staff members are very professional and caring. Dr. Potter takes his time in reviewing medical information and suggesting best method to proceed with treatment. He demonstrates a genuine caring and interest in taking care of me and my pain.

July 30th, 2015

Took over 4 hours to see the Dr then he talked down to us like we were drug addicts just seeking pills as for me I will not go back and would not recommend him to anybody

December 13th, 2013

Dr Potter isn't the whole blame for all the negative feedback. It is similar to what insurance companies thought of chiropractors in the 80s to current day. Pain Management is a very ambiguous treatment practice. Factor in that when you get a referral from to a pain management clinic, the doctor isn't getting top notch medical documentation from his colleagues in all cases and when you are reviewed by the doctor he has to go on the patient's word mostly and hope for some documentation that helps with the treatment plan. Pain Management being of anesthesiology origin you don't have the benefit of much more than the Xray, CT, MRI or bone scans. In many cases a neurosurgeon until he has operated on the patient does not have more to go by other than the patient's history as provided and the interview and the reports, the pain management doctor for a prognosis doesn't have that much in all cases, the history from the patient and the interview, the MRIs and CT reports etc. The pain management doc doesn't have the benefit of doing surgery to see what is there and the imaging tests MRI and Xray and CT doesn't alway paint an exact picture. Additionally a primary care physician is involved in the referral of the patient to the pain management doctor. Unfortunately the evidence I have doesn't all lend to what is considered a positive review for Doctor Potter, his practice did suffer from the medical board's assessment of incidents he and his staff have responsibility for and he did have to refer me to another pain management doc as well and wouldn't you know the bad luck for Dr Potter followed me to this latest doctor and he too is under suspension for writing prescriptions for pain management as well now. But given the help I needed from these two really good doctors, I would go back to them again for help with my pain in my back that keeps me in a wheel chair now. You have to consider the situation with the patient's history and how well they interview with a doctor how much documentation is available to the doctor at the process of providing a prescription. As I said in the beginning like chiropractic care pain management is going to be on the short end of the stick when it comes to the more fix it minded processes like laminectomy or neural stimulator implantation or a cage for a fused skeleton. I've been in this bad situation for over 35 years and two failed surgeries have been done for me. I've provided detailed interviews and documents thicker than 2 inches thick for information to the doctor's and the surgeon types still play games with me versus helping me with a so called mechanical or surgical fix. Dr Potter and the most recent pain management specialist I had received treatment from both get my endorsement over the wiser surgical types who still haven't helped me. I'm off to damage the career of another pain management specialist as I'm sure the quack related thinking of the reviewers of the Tx Medical Board in Austin who censor these pain management doctors who are willing to go the extra and provide compassionate treatment.

August 8th, 2013

RN

He is a great DR he always was concerned with the care he was giving And asked questions about the meds he was.giving. I felt he was a good Dr. I hope u can see what a great Df. He is.

June 26th, 2013

Dr. Ryan Potter

My wife went to him for 7 years and all she ever seen was the PA. She was on the pain patch and oxycodone for years. She was told to take 4 to 6 a day. After 7 years and after the state was looking into him she has an appointment one day and he told her he was dropping her. He was going to send her to another Dr. who only came here once a month. She cried for day over this and still would not see her anymore. He really doesn't care about people at all.

May 24th, 2013

He's one of the best in his field.

Wow! After reading these few reviews, I have to wonder if we are all talking about the same Dr. Potter. The Dr. Potter that I've been seeing for the last few years is awesome. He is very knowledgeable about his field. I came to him from several years of treatment with the VA. He knew most of doctors that treated me and who trained them so he was able to identify where I'd been and what I'd been through. Like any specialist he doesn't have a ton of time to spend with me but he hears what I'm telling him and he tells me what options I have and I get to decide from there. I, like most patients in the VA system, take lots of medications. He has always given me the best advice on what drugs can interact with each other, what drugs have potential dangers if not used properly. He gives me better insight and warnings than any pharmacist or even the other specialists that prescribe the meds. He's the best pain management specialist in South Texas. Let me just say that I'm not an easy patient to have. I complain about everything and have the lowest tolerance to pain, more than most people. Dr. Potter is very kind and patient with me and does everything he can to help me with my pain. I'm sorry for those patients that didn't have a good experience with him. However, if you're a new patient in need of his service please don't let other's opinions keep you from getting his care. He's the best!

April 1st, 2013

Helpful and caring

I read about the issues that caused some to post bad reviews, so I thought I would share my story to help people get a balanced look at the real Dr. Potter. I began seeing him in late 2000 after being referred by my neurologist while waiting for surgical approval from Workman's Comp. He offered steroid injections and limited pain medications during that time. After my surgery as a matter of fact, I was without pain meds because he thought my surgeon would prescribe and my surgeon thought he would and I spent one horrific day. (Just miscommunication and not really anyone's fault, Dr Potter arrived well past his normal hours to resolve the issue thankfully.) When surgery didn't make me better and in fact made it worse, I was sent to several specialists and had MANY tests done. I was only going to get worse, and never better and pain was going to be my life. Dr Potter did EVERYTHING, the insurance's complaint later was that he did too much other than just prescribe meds, to try and get me relief. My family moved and I stopped seeing Dr Potter and I saw other specialists and doctors in another state, all of whom ended up prescribing exactly the same stuff Dr Potter did. At one point I came back to Corpus to visit and checked in with Dr Potter as to what else could be done for my ever increasing pain and he basically offered non drug alternatives and said stay with what we were doing. I have since moved back to Texas and while not to the area, I am considering seeing him anyway. I would be driving 3 hours each way for any appointments, but think what he offered and his caring is worth it. I don't know what all happened with the other patients in the complaint, I just know that I was never given a direct diagnosis from him, that came from the specialist, he treated me for pain and did a good job. I know that he did everything to keep me from being on medications as much as possible and when that didn't work he kept them as low as possible and as few as possible. His recommendations and treatment have always had me as the patient in mind and I would trust him with my life.

November 21st, 2012

Has always given me good care

There are a lot of bad reviews out there for Dr Potter, and I have a hard time believing what I read here. I've been seeing him for almost two years now and have received nothing but concerned care from him and his associates. They stress using pain medications sparingly if unneeded as it should be as dependency is an issue with some of the things prescribed for pain. There are very few options for pain management in Corpus Christi, but I feel that Dr Potter is one of the better doctors out there. Sure, he's busy and can't spend a lot of time with patients on follow up visits, but on my intake he spent over half an hour on me, and got a very good overview of my problem. To me, he was a godsend.