Dr. Ryan Zlupko MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Altoona, PA

November 9th, 2016
Professional and Caring
I feel at ease when I visit Dr. Zlupko. He's caring, professional and just a down to earth gentleman. I would recommend Dr. Zlupko to anyone!

November 25th, 2015
The DR is he talks with you as person not as a patient.

November 7th, 2015
Dr. Zlupko is an amazing doctor. He takes his time and answers all questions you have.

October 6th, 2015
Excellent physician and office staff

August 10th, 2015
Extreme disappointment
My wife and I have met with Dr. Zlupko twice in her two pregnancies. The first pregnancy, my wife had bleeding, so we had an appointment to go see someone at his office, and, unfortunately it ended up being him. I personally saw the bleeding (it was vaginal), and his first comment to us when we explained the situation was whether we were sure it was vaginal. He proceeded to inform us that women have three openings in that area - apparently this was news to us, and we must have been mistaken. Fortunately, the bleeding proved to be no big deal, and our now 2 year old son is healthy and awesome. Due to this pleasant experience, we purposefully requested visits with the other docs in their practice. Fast forward a little more than 2 years, my wife decides to give him a second chance, maybe he had a bad day, etc. She is now 35.5 weeks pregnant (based on her last period - which this office continues to tell my wife that she has her last period wrong based on baby size - she's an RN, and we were trying to conceive, so she has the date specifically in mind.), she travels as an RN - with the possibility of being over an hour from home, even further from the hospital. She requested that he write her a note to ensure she does not have to travel outside of our county so that she has cell service wherever she is, and is not too far from the hospital - a reasonable request? I think we would all agree that it is. Her last labor was rather quick, and she would prefer not to deliver on the side of the road. He told her she would have plenty of time to drive to the hospital once starting to contract, and, if necessary, someone could deliver her on the side of the road. I am extremely grateful that I was not at the appointment today when this was told to her. What person WANTS to deliver on the side of the road!!!??? In a different county, with no cell service, so on and so forth??? What kind of doctor would say these things?? What kind of person do you have to be to say these kinds of things??? Your patients are people - real people, how about treating them how you would like to be treated!!! Anyway, I am still fuming about what he said to my wife, but wanted to be sure to let people in the area know that they should go elsewhere if looking for an OB GYN. We love Dr. Hoyne and the PA's in the office - they are all fantastic, however, unfortunately they are in an office with those like Dr. Zlupko. I am all about second and third chances for behavior, but as a service business, his actions and comments are inexcusable. If I could've given zero stars - I would've.

December 6th, 2013
expecting mother
Dr. Zlupko is an extraordinary professional doctor who made me feel completely safe in his hands. His warm welcoming smile helps you relax and I felt confident in him. Dr. Zlupko also has a beautiful sense of humor that I appreciated and helped me have a remarkable delivery experience.

December 3rd, 2012
Great Doc!
Dr. Zlupko and staff were professional and curious at my last visit. The atmosphere was warm and I can actually say it was the first time I had fun at the gyny office. I went in nervous and came out relaxed and laughing. All test were thorough and done in a timely manner. The doc spent quality time with me answering all my questions and concerns. I would recommend Dr. Zlupko. Only downfall, 6 month waiting list for new patients. Understandable counsidering 2 gynecologist just left the area. If it weren't for 6 month wait I would have given him 4 stars across the board.

July 27th, 2012
Great attitude and genuine enthusiasm for helping others
i have been a patient of Dr Zlupkos for five+ years, I came to him after a nightmare experience at Dr. Wetzels office (her staff was the main problem). Dr. Zlupko is always welcoming, matter of fact and makes me feel relaxed, even when talking about alarming issues. Five separate times I reported a problem to the nurse on staff when he personally called me back at home three of the five times. He is cautious and makes me feel as if he would recommend the same treatments to his own mother or sister. This doctor is one of the best specialists I have ever known and feel very fortunate to have him in my life.

March 26th, 2012
Simply stated:A LIFE SAVER!

November 19th, 2011
I love Dr. Zlupko!
I have been a Gynecology patient at Altoona OBGYN since I was 13, I'm now 20 and a pregnancy/Obstetrics patient there. I have never had any trouble scheduling appointments, as I work 7am-3pm everyday and they close at 4:30 I may have to wait a week or so but it's usually no big deal. I've had some bleeding during this pregnancy and was seen that very day and all the doctors are very nice and through especially Dr. Zlupko and he has a great sense of humor! I'd recommend him and all the doctors of Altoona OBGYN!

March 30th, 2011
Great doctor!
Dr. Zlupko is honest and will make sure he fours all proper testing before diagnosing. He is patient and wonderful! He daw the need for me to see s specialist and delivery at a brr hospital and made ask necessary arrangements for it to happen! Came to the hospital at 2 am to decide what needed to be done and sat there for an hour talking and explainig what was happening and what I could expect... called on a Monday morning with problems and staff had me immediatly come in to be evaluated no him-hawing around... Love this office and Dr. Zlupko!

October 21st, 2010
Medusa
He is NOT a risk taker, but strong to face any problems you have, tell you the truth in the kindest way. He is well rounded with his knowledge from the old to the most recent and innovative. He keeps abreast with all the modern studies and the new procedures. Yet, he keeps you informed and gives you options while explaining the pros and cons of every situation.Did I mention that he is the best in doing laparoscopic surgery!!. ALSO, he is willing to put up with the same question if you ask it to him 100x . He is one of the most caring physicians I have ever come across. This gentleman became a doctor for all the right reasons.