A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Essam Tellawi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Essam Tellawi is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tellawi
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Tellawi Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Essam Tellawi, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Tellawi graduated from University Of Damascus.
Dr. Tellawi has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Southern Maryland Hosp
- Doctor's Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Essam Tellawi MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Essam Tellawi practice?
- Dr. Essam Tellawi has 3 office locations.
Dr. Essam Tellawi practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Clinton, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Alexandria, VA.
See Clinton Internists and Clinton Gastroenterologists.