Surgeons
16 E 60th St
Ste 450
New York, NY 10022
212-305-5723
Locations and availability (4)

Aug 24th, 2014

Dr Ghatan is a great listener and very patient with questions. He is a measured professional who will not encourage the knife as the best solution to a problem. He is confident and warm. A genuine good person and pleasure to have in such difficult times.

|  Excellent consulation  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2014

We met with Dr. Ghatan today to discuss concerns of plagiocephaly, craniosynostosis, and a vacuum bump which had not healed well. He took time to discuss how our baby's head is growing and answered all of our questions. We left feeling well informed and at ease with the good diagnosis which we were given. I hope we do not have the need to go back but would recommend him to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon.

|  Teacher  |  show details
by Hala Ibrahim( Mahmoud Wagana's Aunt) on Oct 13th, 2013

I recommend Dr. Saadi Ghatan to any parent who have a child suffering from seizures. We were so lucky to have him as my nephews Neurosurgeon. He operated on my nephew who lived 15 years of his life away from every normal activity a child would love to participate including running or playing soccer. He couldn't get good education because of the on going seizures that held him back. Dr. Ghatan was able to locate exactly where his seizures starts and eliminated the problem. Now my nephew plays his favorite sport which is soccer. He goes to school like any 17 years old. Thanks Dr. Ghatan

|  Excelente!! simplemente excelente ..  |  show details
by Francina Batista on Aug 19th, 2013

Mi hijo tiene 8 años de edad, cuando mi hijo nació sufrió un derrame cerebral y eso entre muchas otras cosa le causaron mucho daño, muchas combulciones a causa de su epilepsia, a lo 18 meses la neuróloga que visitamos por primera vez en Manhattan nos sugirió hacer consulta con Saadi Ghatan y desde el primer día de la visita comenzamos a tener un poquito de tranqulidad, pues desde ese día supimos que nuestro hijo estaba en buenas manos, llego el día de la cirugía y el propósito era quitarle las combulciones a nuestro hijo, puesto que ocurrían cada 2 minutos, Adrian Batista hoy en día esta en la escuela regular y tiene dificultades físicas pero mentalmente gracias a Dios y al Dr Ghatan puede hacer su vida normal ... Nuestra vida no nos daría para agradecer habernos puesto en el camino a este gran ser humano, EXECELENTE creo qe sería poco para describirlo, tiene tantas cualidades, lo sientes parte de tu familia, parte de tu sufrimiento ... Gracias mil... 5 estrellas

|  So Very Thankful  |  show details
by Linette on Apr 16th, 2013

It has been almost exactly ten years since Dr. Ghatan operated on my son who had medulloblastoma which is a tumor at the base of his brain. The manner in which Dr. Ghatan treated us and spoke to us eased a lot of the anxiety and nervousness. The surgery was a huge success and my son is now 16 years and is now both a Peer Helper and a Prefect at his school. He is in 11th Grade and doing well. Without the expertise of Dr. Ghatan I would not be enjoying his daily hugs and his beautiful smile. Excellent Doctor!

|  When you need the best...  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

There is NO ONE better than Dr. Ghatan with respect to expertise and bedside manner. Our son had epilepsy as a result of a temporal cortical dysplasia and was on Autism spectrum.Dr. Ghatan literally saved our son from seizures that had reappeared after a 5 year abscense and greatly improved his quality of life.There are no words to thank Dr. Ghatan that will equal what we feel he gave our child.

|  Saved our son's life.  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

Dr. Ghatan is a rare gem. Brillant, kind & respectful of the entire family, thorough and generous w/his time and teaching. 4 stars are not enough for this kind of surgeon. Our son is in the best care anyone could ever hope for.

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Ghatan recently removed a Central Neurocytoma from my brain. His presence and professionalism were excellent and he was extremely clear in explaining the procedure. He was always available for followups; I could easily schedule them through his wonderful office staff. He is a very experienced surgeon and I highly recommend him to anyone needing neurosurgery of any kind. Excellent and professional doctor!

|  Attorney-non profit  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2011

Dr. Ghatan is an amazing doctor. He is caring, thorough, and incredibly smart. He is courteous, and does not rush you. I had a consultation with him for my son possibly having premature fusion of the skull (craniosyntosis of the coronal sutures) He is an expert and was able to rule out premature fusions without sending us to more radiation or cat scans (as a radiologist recommended) Another patient from my pediatrician's office had her infant's craniosyntosis operated by Dr. Ghatan and was very impressed and happy with him. He is a rare blend of compassion and expertise, he is a top surgeon. My experience with him was great and he is an asset to the medical community.

Mar 24th, 2011

Dr. Ghatan is one of the most courteous, genuine, professional, and cutting edge surgeons our family has met. Our daughter was only 4 1/2 years old when Dr. Ghatan met her. The surgery was not an easy one but we full well believed in the talents of Dr. Ghatan and how he would help our daughter. Since then, Courtney has lived a normal & healthy life because of this amazing man. She is now a healthy 11 year old in the 6th grade and full of energy. We can't help but be thankful for the profession Dr. Ghatan chose. His talents made our lives happy again and we'll always smile when we think of him.

Dec 20th, 2010

Dr. Ghatan is a talented surgeon and a great human being. He removed a cavernous malformation from one of the ventricles in our son's brain. He is 100% okay and the surgery was perfect. If you search the web, you will see that Dr. Ghatan has an impressive history. He and his office staff are top notch. Everybody is sensitive to patient needs, responsive and on top of everything. In summary, he is a thoughtful, caring man who is devoted to a practice in which a person's life is in his hands.

|  GREAT DOCTOR  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2010

this doctor spends quality time with his patience,even though there was a wait to see the doctor you knew the people he was seeing was getting quality care, so the wait wasn't a problem, the office staff was exceptional

|  Caring and Kind Doctor  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2009

Dr. Ghatan performed brain surgery on my daughter and did so with the utmost care and concern for her wellbeing. From his thoroughness of expaining the whole surgical process throughout her hospital stay, Dr. Ghatan was the best I have ever encountered in a doctor. Dr. Ghatan was always forthright with us and made my daughter feel comfortable throughout the whole surgical ordeal. I recommend Dr. Ghatan to anyone who is thinking of or planning on having epilepsy surgery!

May 23rd, 2009

very thorough very professional care!!!