Dr. Sabita Moktan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

January 15th, 2015
She is a great Dr

August 6th, 2012
Doesn't return phone calls in a timely matter
Doctor Moktan needs a backup doctor when she is not around. Her call center has to think some and not always go by the book. This is serious busniess.

April 15th, 2012
I wish I could write a good review but I can't
I will start by saying that Mr. Moktan is a good clinician. However the horror of making an appointment and waiting hours to see her while the black receptionist lets all the black patients see the doctor ahead of those with earlier appointments. I tried to overlook the rude office staff and the horrablie experiences but there is one thing that sticks in my craw. The doctor saw me and tooled me to do additional blood work and call three days later after 7pm to speak to her about the results. I should say i felt really really sick at the time..I followed her recommendation and called..i paged..several days went by..i called again. I got fed up and found a new AWESOME doctor. You know what one month later Dr. Moktan FINALLY returned my call. that is crap it's rude and not the way to treat patient who are not well. in my opinion the doctor needs all new support staff and remember that patients calls only take a few seconds.and not a month to return.

September 6th, 2011
Will not go back to her office
While Dr. Moktan herself comes off as professional and knowledgeable, the overall experience in her office is atrocious. 2 hour waits, inconvenient appt times, total disorganization. Also, while I liked the doctor, she was very eager to put me on insulin immediately even though I was already successfully controlling my diabetes through diet. Found another doctor and will not go back to that office.

June 16th, 2011
Worst Dr. Office Experience EVER
Dealing with Dr. Moktan and her office at Methodist was a nightmare. I waited almost TWO HOURS after my appointment time to finally see her, and then I had to wait an additional half hour to get my blood drawn because the nurse on duty decided to take a McDonalds break. The very worst part, though, was NEVER BEING CALLED BACK WITH MY TEST RESULTS. Dr. Moktan told me to call on Monday to get my results, which I thought was a little odd. Why should I have to call for my results? Shouldn't SHE just call ME when she has them and is making patient phone calls? Nope. I had to call. I wouldn't have minded that so much if she had actually called me back, but she never did. I called about six or seven times over the course of four days, waiting an average of 15 minutes each time just to be put to her VOICE MAIL, and she didn't have the common decency to pick up the phone, give me a diagnosis and write me a prescription. This is especially bad because I'm five months pregnant and time is of the essence. If I need a specific medication, I shouldn't be going without it for weeks on end while a doctor I paid good money to to treat me does God knows what while I try in vain to get a measly five-minute phone call out of her.And don't even get me started on the receptionists who work the front desk of her office. Hands down, the laziest, most unprofessional "customer service" people I've ever come across in a medical office.DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!

April 1st, 2011
She will never call you back
Dr. Moktan never called me back to give me my diagnosis and never called in my prescription -- just NEVER called back.

March 9th, 2008
Personable and knowledgable
This physician is a "real" person. She discusses specifics and does not push you out the door. Follows up and takes pride in her practice. One of the few doctors that I respect.