Dr. Sabrina Strickland MD Patient Reviews

March 2nd, 2017
TY Dr. Strickland

January 11th, 2017
Unprofessional
Dr. Strickland is the worst. She is rude, rushed, and a frenzied mess. The opposite of what I look for in a surgeon. She just does not care, period. She must have a good PR person, but the reality does not match.

June 17th, 2016
See Someone Else!
Very unfriendly Doctor! The staff left the door open while I was waiting to see Dr. Strickland. I could hear her discussing other patients charts as she stood in the hallway. She brought an intern and a medical student in the room when seeing me and did not explain who they were or ask if I was ok with it. She also did not enter the room and shake my hand she just sat down as if she was annoyed. Her diagnosis of my injuries was inaccurate! See someone else!!!

May 23rd, 2016
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. She has poor-decision making skills (not good for a surgeon...) and is aggravating to deal with. Obviously she just wants to be one of those "TV" doctors and doesn't really care about anyone but herself!

April 4th, 2016
AVOID
In NYC, there are many sports surgeons to choose from - and you would be smart to choose someone else. Other reviews mention the lack of follow up (also by her staff), which is evidence of a surgeon who is just phoning it in. Dr. Strickland is clearly distracted. She is disrespectful and rude. Luckily there are tons of other great surgeons to go to so you aren't stuck with her!

March 17th, 2016
Deceitful and dishonest! Avoid Dr. Strickland at all costs - you can't trust a word that she says. Very disappointed in her character.

January 6th, 2015
just at the first stage of schedule for shoulder replacement after three unsuccessful surgeries in New Jersey. So far, so good. Very pleased.

July 29th, 2014
excellent dr
DR STRICKLAND IS AN EXCELLENT DR . I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH DR STRICKLAND. AS SOON AS I MET HER SHE TOLD ME SHE DONT DO SURGERY UNLESS SHE HAS TOO. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT BY THE PERSON WHO REFERED ME.UNFORTANALY I NEEDED KNEE REPLACEMENT. I WAS AT EASE WITH HER .DR STRICKLAND EXSPLAINED THE SITUATION LOOKED AT MY MRI AND TOLD ME I NEEDED IT. MY KNEE WAS SHOT.WHAT I LIKED ABOUT GOING THERE WAS FACT I KNEW I GET RESULTS. THE OFFICE IS AWSOME KEPT ME UP TO DATE N HELPED ME THROUGH PAPER WORK.WHEN SURGERY DAY CAME I WAS AT EASE .AFTER THE SURGERY WAS DONE I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH WHAT SHE DID. I WAS WALKING THE NEXT DAY. I WAS ALSO IMPRESSED WITH THE SURGERY AND HOW HER BED SIZE MANNERS ARE. DR STRICKLAND CAME INTO SEE ME SHE HAD A SMILE ON HER FACE. WHEN I HAD TO GO TO FOLLOW UPS HER N HER PA WHERE AWSOME. IM SO GLAD I CHOOSE DR STRICKLAND AND HSS. MY KNEE IS DOING TERRIFIC. I WOULD RECOMEND DR STRICKLAND ANYTIME N HER OFFICE STAFF IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP AND HER PA IS GREAT. I NEVER FELT MORE COMFOTABLE WITH A DR AND HER STAFF THAN DR STRICKLANDS .THE WAIT TIME IN OFFICE IS FAST N DR STRICKLAND ANSWERS ALL UR QUESTIONS. THANK YOU DR STRICKLAND AWSOME JOB

December 2nd, 2012
She downplayed a pulmonary embolism
Was seeing her for a leg injury. During a regular visit, imentioned svere shoulder pain. I thought it was from walking with a cane. After a thorough exam, she diagnosed a clot and told me to gomhome to my family doctor, not to the nearest ER. I took a cab to Metro North, drove myself tomthe doctor's office. He promptly called 911. I spent 4 days in the hospital, administered shot to myself at home untilmthe coumadin reached correct levels.I feel during my initial visit, i should have been warned of the frequency of clots in immobilized legs, what the symptoms would be and sent to the nearest ER.She did call me at home tomsee how it all worked out...clueless.

April 13th, 2012
Patient
Dr. Strickland is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. However her office staff leaves much to be desired. They do not return phone calls for appointments or questions in a timely manner - they even have an email address to which they never respond to until days or weeks later if at all. Dr. Stickland needs to do housecleaning with her staff as her business will slowly decline - customer service is what it is all about and especially a doctor's office. I had surgery 4 months ago and my knees are inflamed. I called for an appointment two days in a row without a return call and I emailed and no response. You always get the recording and have to follow up for several days before you get someone to return your call. It is deplorable business practice. I am going to switch doctors because I need someone who will return my calls and would not recommend Dr. Strickland due to the lack of respect on the part of her staff for the patient and their needs.
Doctor's Response

Oh dear, I just found this and it is totally unacceptable. I have contacted HSS IT and it turns out our voicemail when full would lose additional messages. I also have reprimanded the receptionist and she promises that she is committed to excellent service and will try harder. Please contact Amy at lenza@hss.edu if you need anything as my number one goal is to meet my patients needs and a simple call back is a minimum. I am working hard to fix this and plan on hiring additional staff as soon as we have a chair /desk to put them at.

January 23rd, 2012
one of the best
though one little fly in the ointment, which is administration related not medical related:When Doctor is not available (vacation/seminar/etc) answer machine tape should say so.I called twice and no one called back to take my message.

June 23rd, 2011
Amazing!
The best experience. I've have already recommend her office to 10 people!