A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Safia Ahmed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Safia Ahmed is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Safia Ahmed, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Weight Loss
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Ahmed has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Norwegian-American Hospital
- Saints Mary And Elizabeth Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahmed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 16 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 4 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 20 plans