Dr. Safia Pirani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 27th, 2013
A dissatisfied patient
Dr Pirani is OK. Several of her staff don't do paperwork in a timely manner and if there is a need to call....you'd get a faster response from the President of USA than you would get from them.

October 29th, 2012
Not Good For Our Family....
Ms Pirani doesn't seem to be interested in working as a team regarding one's health. Dr. Pirani is only interested in speaking, forgoing any input patients finds important. When asking Dr. Pirani a question, it's usually answered either with a yes or no, without or with very little reasoning to how she comes up with that decision. It's as if you the patient doesn't qualify to comment or suggest anything about your own health. Most doctor's in my life wanted to partner with me about my health. Dr. Pirani wants you to do as she says, without question.. My office wait before seeing Dr. Pirani was almost one hour and a half. I had a 10:15 appointment, 11:30 I made the exam room, 15 mins. later is when Dr. Pirani walked in.. 5 huge mins. with Dr Pirani before she was out the door. Not interested in what I had to say, I was upset about my health, and questioned her.. I was to do what she advised and felt as if I shouldn't ask questions.. I felt very rushed, and almost stupid for trying to understand what she was saying.. btw, I've been going to GH for almost 2 or 3 years, my first visit complaining of something other than my blood pressure and cholesterol. My complaint always got put on the back burner and the blood pressure and cholesterol was always addressed.. What was once a seldom occurrence is now a constant happening, And it is only now I'm told (after blood test) there is nothing that can me done at Dr. Pirani's office, and I will be refereed a neurologist. I wonder why this wasn't said years ago, especially since I was hospitalized a year ago and could have perhaps had the problem addressed there... Anyway, after 5 mins (literally) Dr. Pirani was out the door.. I notice on my paperwork she still had that she discussed my smoking (which I quit 3 appointments ago) I had to waited another 10 mins for my flu shot and then pay upon leaving.. btw, Another thing that changes like the weather.. You go one time and you pay on the way out, then you go another time and you pay before services.. Than it changes yet again, you pay for your visit before services, however additional test are extra and you get billed.. When you questioned the changes, your spoken as if your crazy.. "It's always been this way dear.." For years my office visit was $35.00, usually $5 or $10 for blood tests.. Now I'm told the poverty standard has changed, seems the bar was set higher-- crazy, because you would think it was went down being in the recession we're in.. (btw, my income went up only $1,000.00 with a house of 6 people..) and now I pay $77.00 plus extra for blood tests, that is not $5 or $10.00.. When asked what is the 2012 poverty standard, no one in the office can say.. When asked "well how do you know what I pay then", I'm told because they are told what my income must pay... Sounds like ring around the rosey to me, eh? In addition to everything else I've noticed the doctor as well as the nurses practice hand washing when entering and exiting the exam room.. I don't notice cleaners on the hall walls.. I remember this being done in the room when I was first going, however don't see it any more.. Of course they can do it somewhere else, but I don't see any evidence that hands were just washed..Secondly, my husband was being treated for his diabetes.. One time his sugar was so high it did not register on the meter.. I called to make him an appointment, telling the office that he is difficult to get in there, but his blood sugar was so high it didn't register on the meter.. I was told it would be 2 weeks before he could be seen. The person spoke with the doctor (not sure who) about my husband's high blood sugar and they changed his med dosage(he was to add additional pill to his current daily intake) and he was to call in a couple of days to let them know if his blood sugar dropped.. I called and told them his blood is still very high, still not registering on the meter and that he looks awful and is very tired, and really needs to see a doctor ASAP.. They said they will call back.. They called my husband on his cell phone and sent additional prescription to the pharmacy. Again, he was to call in a couple of days about his blood sugar... However they called my husband and moved his appointment back another 4 days!! By the time he was to go to his appointment, he came home and could barely stand up.. Instead I rushed him to the hospital where he was put in intensive care unit w/insulin drip. Instead of my husband taking a pill medication, he is now taking pills and and injection now! What really irked me was his first appointment after his hospital stay, the doctor tried to back peddle and say my husband did go to his appointment is why he got so sick.. It was a lie.. I tried myself to get a appointment as soon as possible, telling them on more than one occasion that he was terribly sick-- I had never seen him this way, and it looks like he's weight is plummeting.. I couldn't have stressed his blood sugar not registering on the meter any more than I had.. My husband weighed 190 lbs a couple of months before, when he entered the hospital he weighed 172 lbs. Honestly, my husband looked like he aged 10 years in a week and a half.. I'm fed up with this place and now looking for a doctor who is interested in actually doctoring people..