Dr. Sai Gundlapalli MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 21st, 2016
Terrible
Front desk staff was extremely rude!! I will never even walk in the front door after the way I treated over the phone.

April 4th, 2016
They stopped my blood clot medicine for two weeks, the procedure was rough and painful, I had a stroke on the back of my brain, hospitalized with the stroke. They billed me for the other procedure after my husband called them to say I could not make it as I was in the hospital. I stayed in the hospital for a week. I did not get this procedure. I still get a bill for this. He does the procedures four at a time as fast as he can in the morning. He does them so fast that he has very little time to explain. To get dressed after my procedure, the already had another man in the room where my clothes were.

November 25th, 2014
Treating pain
Dr.g is great doctor for pain magment he dose manage you pain and he is great at it. Im just glad to have him as my doctor an hope other people understand your there to manage your pain not to get perscriptions out of him he helps you as much as you need it

September 18th, 2014
The absolute WORST!!!! If you want to be treated like a street drug addict then this is the place to go!!

July 14th, 2014
Horrible!

April 18th, 2013
Where have all the good doctors gone?
I have seen this doctor 4 times since December, and I was very hopeful after my first visit, but by the second visit I realized my mistake. Dr. G does seem to care about your situation during your initial visit, but after that you are just another nobody to him. He treats you like a drug abuser, even if you are like me, with several years worth of documented illness and physical issues. I have spent hours on the phone consecutively trying to get them to answer at the office whether it was for prescription refills, or to try and change an appointment date. They NEVER answer the phone, and NEVER return messages!!! Dr. G gave me an assumed NEW diagnosis the first visit, but never explained the illness or treatment he was planning to give me. He said I would have to see a different doctor to confirm the conclusion he had drawn about my physical illness... And assured me that his staff would make the appointment and contact me with the details. I waited a week for them to call, and then spent the next 2 weeks calling the office and leaving messages, with ABSOLUTELY NO RETURN PHONE CALL!! When I came in for my second appointment, Dr. G wanted to know why I still hadn't seen the Dr. he referred me to... SERIOUSLY!?! Then I finally saw that other Dr., and still have not been told the results, or whether or not I have this very serious form of Lupus that the Dr. thought I have. Hard to sleep at night when you are consumed with worry about what the rest of your life holds with your husband and son. Nice to know when you mean so much to your Dr... Right? I can honestly say the only reason I continued to see him for 4 months is because it is TORTURE trying to get in with a pain management Dr. here. The staff was very friendly and courteous, but I know that they don't do their job, because of the hours I spent trying to reach someone, and the 5+ messages I left daily for 2 weeks that were never returned. If you can't find a better doctor... Good Luck! Hope you have a better experience than I did.

September 23rd, 2012
Needs more bedside manner classes...
I saw this Dr. five weeks in a row... the first visit I only waited 5min then another 5min in exam room. He came in asked questions and then sent me for an MRI in 1 week perscribe low dose anti-inflammatory for pain (waste of time & money)...MRI shows two fractures, slipped disk, and severe arthritis. 2nd visit wait same amount of time and get herded into a room with table, he proceeds to administor 4 shots on each side of spine (a numbing agent) WOW, never had so much pain!! He finally perscibes painkillers... 5mg? REALLY? the final two appt. were also injections however these were to cartorize nerves... yet again! WOW so much pain! The fifth and final visit I waited 1.5 hrs... and another 15min in exam. All for him to treat me like I was some sort of drug addict seeking medications??? It took a miracle from God just to get the two low dose scripts to begin with... I was then informed that he couldn't help me anymore and gave me a referral to a surgeon? Fine with me I didn't plan on ever going back anyway. He has no bedside manner, no compassion, and certainly no professionalism!!

June 7th, 2012
Office Staff
My wife has been a patient of this doctors for about 3 years now and the main complaints are of his staff and his inability to manage my wife's pain. The staff is very rude and i feel inexperienced, and linger out simple tasks when asked to do something. And at it feels like sometimes the simplest of questions overwhelms them. I have been a nurse for a great number of years and worked in both hospitals and clinics, and his staff is some of the worse i have seen. But I am sure if they were in the position of some of their patient's the would want something done about there care quickly. I can only hope that one day everyone on his staff will be in the position as some of his patient's so that they will be able to see what it is like to be treated the way i have seen his staff treat some of his patient's.

May 19th, 2012
I have been a patient for over two years. I have never had any problems getting an appointment. Dr G. seems genuinely concerned about my overall well being. I am a Registered Nurse and regularly recommend Dr G to my patients, friends, family, and co-workers.

October 1st, 2010
He is very caring and has genuine concern for your problem. He is very detail oriented and examines you and gets the history prior to deciding on medications. He is careful with prescribing medications and compared to other doctors he is the only one who explained what was going on and gave me time to ask questions.He helped me so much that I recommended him to another family member. He is very comprehensive in his approach and has helped my chronic condition the most. He is very courteous and has great bedside manner

August 31st, 2010
I do not understand why?
The women on the staff are very nice and seem to care alot. When i first saw the doctor, I explained everything about my condition and it seemed like he was going to help me, but after going a few more times I felt I had to re-explain my problem everytime I went in. I have decided to change doctors after a remarkable experience, and this is the story. I went in for a follow up and a refill on medication. I asked the woman at the front if it was ok if I came by the following week to pay my co-pay because I didn't have enough money at the time, she said that would be no problem. Later that day I went to pick up my medication at the pharmacy and i asked them if I could split it into two bottles, one to pick up that day, and the other to pick up the following week when i got paid. They said they could cut it in half, however, I would have to get the doctor to write me another script for the other half. I assumed they had to do it this way because the medicine was a strong painkiller. I said ok, I would just get the doctor to write me a new script for the other half when I went in to pay for the visit the next week. When my pay day came, I went to the doctor, paid them the money, and explained that I had only gotten half of my medicine because I didnt have enough money to get it all. The woman went to talk to the doctor, then a male nurse came out and told me the doctor said I should have gotten it all when i filled it and he wasn't going to give me the other half. I told him i couldn't because I didn't have the money and I dont Understand why this is a problem. He replied simply "thats what the doctor said". I said, "so im just goingto be screwed for two weeks because i didn't have the money to get all of my medication at once. He replied "yep", and as I stood there in confusion, he just walked off. Not knowing what to do I walked outside and started to cry and have a panic attack. Then I walked back in and talked to the woman again begging for an explanation on why this was happening. She ended up talking to the doctor again and got him to agree to give me the other half In two weeks, however I would have to come in and visit with the doctor and pay another 100 dollars for the visit because i dont have any insurance. The woman said she would waive the payment this time and that I could see the doctor for free scince I usually just see him Once a month. I am looking forward to talking to the doctor and asking him why he decided to handle the situation like he did. So that experience told me that if this doctor gives you a certain amount of medicine, you better have enough money to get it all out or you might go through the same experience I did. I still am clueless as to why it was such a problem for him to just write me another script for the other half of the medicine he had already decided to give me.

November 25th, 2009