Dr. Saif Mashaqi MD Patient Reviews

• Sleep Medicine Fargo, ND

3.0

October 19th, 2016
Avoid at all costs
I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia by Dr Mashaqi. This basically means extreme sleepiness of unknown origin. Long story short, I have figured out the cause of at least the vast majority of my hypersomnia through research of my own- side effects of antidepressants. This is, as I'm finding, a basic things to check for before giving this diagnosis. I am finding multiple other possibilities of things that could be adding to the tiredness- none of which were checked by the Dr and much of it was even basic standard of care. He ordered no bloodwork, testing, anything before this diagnosis. Look it up. This "illness" almost ruined my life, but has absolutely caused irreparable damage in many areas. I was "strongly encouraged" by my boss of to look into disability because he warned me he might have to let me go. (I work in healthcare and can not perform my duties if I am falling asleep walking, talking, setting up, direct patient care, etc) I filed a complaint with my insurance company and Dr Mashaqi has made aspects of my Healthcare very difficult now. He has charted misleading information- flat out lies, effectively making my credibility on paper zero. I am working on signed statements from coworkers to help offset this, but once a reputation is tainted... it is rarely to never the same. After 2 years in hypersomnia he'll, I am starting to wake up only to have Dr Mashaqi make my recovery much more difficult than necessary. I would not recommend him to a dog. (Because I like dogs!)

July 2nd, 2010
You are the best!
Thank you for saving my husband's life! You are a blessing!