Dr. Sajen Mathews MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

June 5th, 2017
Dr. Matthews was very personable and listened to myth concerns and after the procedure he came in and discussed what he found. He was very thorough and answered my questions. I would recommend him

May 20th, 2016
He's an HMO guy need I say more

November 30th, 2015
about 6 minutes
I was treated at St. Jude's E.R for severe stomach pain and vomitting with and without blood. The staff was very caring and gentle. I was admitted after a Labs and CT were performed. I was supposed to see Dr. Mathews before an EGD was performed. I didn't see him until I was in the procedure room and that was only to get consent and waivers out of the way about 2 minutes. The other 4 were when I woke up where he told me I had to see him in 8 weeks because my gallbladder had to be removed along with dilating my ulcerated esophagus , Shatzkis rings and he mentioned a hiatal hernia and 2ulcers. No bedside manner or time to explain My diagnosis or prognosis. I guess It was assumed that I had no questions or comments. I felt like I had gone thru a conveyer belt.

May 6th, 2014
Not my favorite
Lied to me. Refused to help

May 20th, 2013
Dr. Mathews is an excellent physician, with a great deal of concern and empathy for his patients. He has spent a great deal of time with me for a very complicated GI problem, which has included two hospital stays within the last year. He is a tribute to the medical field of gastroenterology, and I highly recommend him. Additionally, I have always found his staff to be very personable, reliable, and willing to help in any way possible.

May 20th, 2013
Does not handle nervous patients well

July 11th, 2012
He even has a sense of humor.

September 15th, 2011
This is the best GI doctor that I have seen.
Doc Mathews is the best GI doctor that I have seen. I have multiple GI problems and I never met a doctor like him to answer my questions and gave me the correct diagnosis. Opposite to the last viewer who gave this doctor 1 star, I found this doctor very caring and professional. He often sacrifies his private time like lunch break to help patients. He does have a lot patients waiting to see him so there is a wait time for appointment. It is because he is popular and everybody knows he is the best one. He got the award of Physicians of Excellence, Orange County Medical Association, 2009 and 2010. The last rating of 1 star did not serve him justice! I believe that the doctor-patient relationship is mutual. If you show your respect and trust, your doctor will do the same to you too.

August 26th, 2010
I went to see Dr. Mathews for abdominal pain. From the begining, he did not believe my symptoms and told me it was just nerves. I explained that there was bleeding involved and didn't think nerves was the cause. He said that he would order tests and his office would call when the tests were approved for me to take. After not hearing form the office for 2 months, I called about the tests. I was told that the tests were never ordered. In addition, I was told that even if I wanted to see the doctor again, he would not see me.I wish he had told me this at our meeting because I would have spent those 2 months finding a new doctor instead of waiting on this one.

February 28th, 2016