Dr. Salah Reyad Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Salah Reyad?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 10th, 2017

Worst experience ever, highly regrettable

Very hard for me to write but I assume this is anonymous and I am so upset I feel the need to share my experience so that others are able to make their own educated decisions. I seeked the help of Dr. Rayad as an addiction specialist. I do not have a history of substance abuse but I had a surgery over the past summer (appx. 7mo ago) and found myself getting sick physically when I was trying to wean off of the medications. Now being an adult with a family, a stable income, career, good member of the community this frightened me. Especially after all of the news highlighting the devastating effects of these drugs. I got help fast which I felt albeit very humbling was the mature thing to do. I was also SO ashamed that I would be embarrassed, that I left my primary care and made Dr. Reyard both the Specialist & Primary. I have felt over the past 2-3 months of treatment as if I am being pre-judged and spoken to as if I am some kind of low life, crack head whether it was via small under the breath remarks or comments. I have remained respectful despite feeling very embarrassed. Things hit the fan when I asked for a prescription refill on the 10 mg of lexapro I have taken for 15 years each day for general woman/mommy type anxiety everyone seems to have. (my continual refill from my old primary had run out) and called the office. I called every day and never received a call in return. After about a week I finally became a bit less friendly and demanded to know why no one was addressing my medical needs. I got a call back from the receptionist (who thinks she is the doctor) who informed me that I would not be getting a refill for a controlled substance like Lexapro. (lexapro is not a controlled substance) I explained that I cannot just stop taking a medication I have been taking for over a decade cold turkey that is not a good idea. She directed me to a phycologist. Ok, understandable but it could take weeks to get into an appointment and I have now been w/o a regular medication for almost a week now) I would expect them to say I need to be seen which is reasonable and how my previous doctor had handled me. Once every six months or so to check in. At that point I shamefully got more irate on the phone or ever really that I can remember in my life. I am not a loose cannon typer of person but in this instance, I was I will admit. Not only does this practice not care about my medical needs but had I not continued to call they would never have even returned my call. I am treated like a run of the mill pill seeker (something I have NEVER done) These people do not work with you but rather collect a tremendous amount of money from my cushy insurance policy each month with zero in return. Basically, Im out.. I think that I tried to be an adult, handle what could've potentially become a tremendous problem with maturity and I have been treated like a street person with zero dignity. Now I can imagine why people are apprehensive to seek help. I feel very sorry for them but I am not suggesting that you give up if you are considering the courage. Rather, do your homework. I was quite naive and uneducated on the subject. I am marked probably for life for something that was quite short term and I am really just regretful having ever gone to this practice. I will find an office with some compassion and continue whatever I need to do although I pretty sure I'm going to be ok. Just a caring place where your history and records are carefully reviewed and the punishment can fit the appropriate crime. I think I put up with these remarks and just strange behavior for a few months period bc I felt as though I should be punished to some degree but I am a human whether you had an illness and want to be free of painkillers or a junkie shooting black tar herion this guy and his staff (with the exception of Pat) have zero professionalism or bedside manner. Looking back I wish I had just had the courage to be honest with the primary I had my entire adult life and I would have been placed in a safe situation. Do your research, don't just google search a name. This is serious stuff you could be dealing with.

September 22nd, 2016

Good doctor

I think he is a good doctor, attentive and care for the patient, more than himself. He seems not to even get a break. I am new at this practice, everyone had been very nice. Recommend. How he helps these patients is amazing. LaToya at front desk was very nice, and prompt. She checked me in, took my vitals and all I had to do was wait for doctor. Patty was also awesome. She made sure everything went smoothly.

April 26th, 2013

The experience I've had with doctor reyad has been perfect on all accounts and the staff is amazing

December 12th, 2009

Inappropriate behaviour with female patient

Touched patient in an inappropriate way.

August 25th, 2017