A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Saleem Akbar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Saleem Akbar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akbar
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Akbar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Saleem Akbar, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Akbar graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Akbar has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
- Harris Methodist H E B
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Saleem Akbar MD is a male Internist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Saleem Akbar practice?
- Dr. Saleem Akbar has 1 office location.
Dr. Saleem Akbar practices Cardiovascular Disease near Allen, TX.
See Allen Cardiologists.