Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, Internist

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
A Real Family Doctor! show details A Real Family Doctor!
by Miles C on Jun 22nd, 2015

Dr. Jaafar has been our family physician for a number of years. He remembers our names and doesn't have to look in the chart to figure out who we are like other doctors with a million patients. He is very skillful, has referred to specialists when needed and reminds me of the family doctor who used to make house calls - that kind of relationship! Yes, the office is a bit chaotic and they still use paper faxes instead of electronic ones to refill scrips which takes extra time, but how many doctors do you know who would give you their personal cell phone number in case of emergencies?

This doctor is a rare gem in the field of money making practices - HE CARES! show details This doctor is a rare gem in the field of money making practices - HE CARES!
by MaryJane Harrison on Jun 16th, 2015

Best primary care doctor I've ever had. Have been seeing him for almost 5 years. I have numerous conditions and he stays right on top of them and is full of praise when it shows I am working on some issues and very straight forward when I don't. He is personable and CARES, which is so important in today's world of for profit only mentality.

Been there, done that, not doing it again! show details Been there, done that, not doing it again!
by jdranch on May 20th, 2015

Perhaps people writing wonderful reviews are like the ones who write on Yelp, they are employees! The wait, both in the waiting room and the exam room is interminable! I was a patient for about a year or so and most of the time saw a PA. Because I had a list of my medications and all I really needed were refills, things went along swimmingly. Then a routine mammogram changed all of that. After being referred for an enhanced mammogram, a biopsy, then on to a cancer treatment center, I was told that I have breast cancer! I have no doubt whatsoever that he knew this but either didn't have the balls or intestinal fortitude to tell me himself. This behavior is both egregious and unconscionable. I will be looking for a new doctor.

May 12th, 2015

I don't know where some of these reviews are coming from, this is the worst Doctor I have ever been to. The Office Staff in Bandera is beyond rude..I took my Grad Child there and they both got sicker,they were prescribed the wrong Meds. I have a friend who went there who almost died due to neg., they went to the Hospital and was told if they had gotten there any later they could have died. I went there with a bad reaction to Meds and tried to call and get them changed and was told to keep taking them,I had to go to the Hospital as well with a bad reaction. This Doctor should be checked out by Medicare for fraud...His Office is Billing Patients for things they do not recieve.... In short this Doctor is getting rich off Medicare Patients....Someone needs to investigate.

May 6th, 2015

Great doctor and staff. I've been going to Dr. Jaafar for years and will continue to do so. Best doctor that you can find.

worth the wait show details worth the wait
by Rebecca on Jan 26th, 2015

Been with medicare associates for many years. They cared for my grandparents my mother and father and kids.

Dec 14th, 2014

I have NEVER had them call pharmacists back in time for medicine refills. The doctors may be good but the support staff is the worst. When I complained that records were not filed in my mother's file the woman opened a closet door and showed me piles and piles of records needing to be completed. The girl at the desk ignores phone calls. they are understaffed and have unprofessionals working records, scheduling, billing

by Joseph T. on Nov 10th, 2014

Thanks to Dr. Jaafar and his staff for excellent care!!

by Estella R. on Sep 17th, 2014

Wonderful office, staff and doctor. Dr. Jaafar is a great internist and really listens. I had a question about my bill and his staff handled it professionally. So not sure about billing comments below but then again, I'm not trying to get out of paying my bill. They took care of all my issues.

Feb 19th, 2014

Fabulous doctor! I have nothing but praise for Dr. Jaafar and his staff.

by Mary Torres on Jan 3rd, 2014

Dr. Jaafar diagnosed my mother and treated her with compassion and kindness. He is the best doctor that we have ever seen! The wait is worth it!

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Elizabeth B. on Sep 13th, 2013

Dr. Jaafar is the most caring and compassionate doctor that my family has seen. I would highly recommend him for difficult medical problems. He is the best!

Sep 21st, 2011

The doctor was great but the staff in billing ...terrible!!! They tell you a price and you pay it, then 6 months to a year later another bill ? whats up with that ?

NEED TO HIRE NEW OFFICE STAFF show details NEED TO HIRE NEW OFFICE STAFF
by unhappy777 at Citysearch on Sep 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

They double bill you!!!!!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jan 14th, 2011

Staff needs to be better educated, And need to pay more attention to what they are doing. The make errors with simliar name patients name. He staff make the DOCTOR look bad and uncaring. When the Dr Jaafar as an Excellent Doctor.The office has more then enough staff to asst patient with care.

Office Staff show details Office Staff
Dec 8th, 2009

If you have a late afternoon appt you will be waiting a while. I really like Dr. Jaafar. He is a great doctor. His office staff however,is really SHORT tempered at times.

Great Dr show details Great Dr
by starr on Sep 15th, 2008

Dr Jaafar is awesome. he staff is a little lacking but he is worth the effort