Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon
95 University Pl
Fl 8
New York, NY 10003
212-400-6633
Locations and availability (5)

|  great doc  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2013

Had a difficult problem for which I saw several prominent hand surgeons. Dr. Gupta was the only one ot take the time to help me understand the problem . My surgical experience was fantastic

|  Insurance Fraud  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2012

I brought my mom to see Dr. Gupta after reading various reviews online. I was satisfied with the care that he provided, but his office should be audited for insurance fraud. When I called to make the appointment, his office confirmed that they accept my mom's insurance. After they saw her and booked her for surgery, they said they actually don't take her type of insurance. Once it was cleared up and confirmed that Dr. Gupta's office is actually an in-network provider, they proceeded to make me pay for the surgery upfront promising to refund me once the insurance payment is processed. They received the payment from the insurance company and never refunded me. I made multiple phone calls and visits to speak to the claims administrator, Santa, and got nowhere. I think Dr. Gupta's office should be ashamed and investigated for committing insurance fraud.

Nov 20th, 2012

I had to walk out of office, patients were waiting over an hour and a half. The office over books and then makes up excuse. People are treated like cattle. I was told there were seven patients ahead of me. Never have I seen such bad treatment of people in the medical profession.

Aug 29th, 2012

Dr. Gupta was wonderful from the start of my road to recovery after a terrible bike accident. The fall I took resulted in a fractured wrist which I thought may require an operation. Dr. Gupta took his time explaining my options and was not quick to suggest surgery as many physicians I have dealt with in the past tend to do. I felt very comfortable working with the doctor and his staff, and all of his suggestions for my treatment plan were correct. I would recommend Dr. Gupta to anyone seeking out a specialist of his nature. I am happy to say that I am completely healed and ready to get back on the golf course!

Oct 29th, 2011

Aside from his wonderful bedside manner, he is an excellent clinician and diagnostician. He is not an alarmist and has a very nice way with people. He is overwhelmed with patients and needs a bit more time in his daily work enviornment. I highly recommend him to anyone with orthopedic issues.

|  Amazing and friendly Doc  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

he is an amazing MD. He is quite efficient and very polite. he is quite patient, and he will answer all of your questions.

Jul 20th, 2011

i had a good excellent experience

Jul 20th, 2011

had great experience

|  Dr. Gupta is the Best  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

Dr. Gupta is the greatest doctor I have ever met. He is not only super educated, quick to properly diagnose your condition, devise a cogent treatment plan, but does it all with a smile and compassion that is not typically seen. He will never rush you out of the room and will make sure that all your questions are answered completely. Once you reach the surgical stage you will be in the best hands possible as Dr. Gupta excels in the operating room.

|  FIRST RATE AND FIRST CLASS DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2010

Dr. Gupta is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in NYC that I have encountered. I have an old wrist injury that I had seen several hand specialists for and Dr. Gupta by far leads the pack. From the minute he walked into the room, I felt that he cared about me and also had the clinical knowledge to quickly assess my problem. He also took the time to create a detailed plan with me, to get me back on the road to recovery. I would 100% recommend Dr. Gupta, as his skills, knowledge, and bedside manner separate him from his peers.

|  bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

Dr. Gupta is a fantastic surgeon. He diagnosed my issue immediately and I was scheduled for surgery the same day. His bedside manner is direct, compasionate, and carring. My surgery has been a success for two reasons I am a compliant patient and he is a precise surgeon. I would recomend Dr. Gupta anyone who had a hand challenge.

|  thankful  |  show details
May 23rd, 2010

Unbelievable care. He really took time to examine me and explain my condition and the surgery needed. He was always available for questions and was a pleasure to deal with

|  uninformed and negative human skills  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2009

told me he didnt know elbows yet had a bunch of negative comments for mine . an F on human interacion skills and an F for dr. gupta's overwhelmed and misinformed front desk

Doctor's Response

I am sorry for this patient's experience. I do treat Orthopedic disorders about the elbow as well as the rest of the body and try to provide compassionate and informative care to all of my patients. My staff strives to be as informed, compassionate, efficient, and as helpful as possibel.