Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon
Video profile

by Susan Tighe on Jun 27th, 2016

I have nothing but praise for every aspect of my treatment and care.

Trigger Finger show details Trigger Finger
May 28th, 2016

I tried physical therapy first but it didn't really help my "trigger" finger. Dr. Gupta did. He was thorough and accurate in estimating how long it would take for his procedure to work.

Definitely recommend! show details Definitely recommend!
by Nidhi Sampath on Sep 9th, 2015

Dr. Gupta was kind, patient and generous with him time. I had complete confidence in him treating me as he was extremely knowledgeable of my injury. I would 100 % recommend him

Definitely go see show details Definitely go see
Sep 9th, 2015

Excellent qualifications and his bedside manner was great

Great surgeon, great staff show details Great surgeon, great staff
by Alex Campbell on Aug 20th, 2015

I had a complicated dislocation/break/and tendon tear and Dr. Gupta approached it systematically and I am now on the way to a full recovery. He is extremely thorough and makes sure his patients understand what's going on at all times. His staff at Union Square is top tier, as well. Kind, smiles, and attentive and very professional.

by Beth Epstein on Jun 19th, 2015

My experience at Dr. Gupta's office was one of the best I have ever experienced at a doctors office. The office called me to confirm both my appointments and I was taken right away & on time for both. I was tended to immediately by his very professional & staff both at the front desk as well as the x-ray tech's and anyone I came across while I was there. I found Dr. Gupta and his staff to be very friendly as well as informative about my diagnosis as well as follow up and home care. I would recommend him to all my friends and family. Top notch organization.

Great doctor worst office evere show details Great doctor worst office evere
Jan 23rd, 2015

It's a shame such a good doctor has one of the worst offices I've seen in the world. It's even worse than a third world country barber shop! They change appointments without informing patients. Claim that they take insurance that they don't have a din addition to that have attitude. I remember her name was eilleen. That works in that office. Good luck dealing with her! The one star is for the office!

Nov 20th, 2012

I had to walk out of office, patients were waiting over an hour and a half. The office over books and then makes up excuse. People are treated like cattle. I was told there were seven patients ahead of me. Never have I seen such bad treatment of people in the medical profession.

Aug 29th, 2012

Dr. Gupta was wonderful from the start of my road to recovery after a terrible bike accident. The fall I took resulted in a fractured wrist which I thought may require an operation. Dr. Gupta took his time explaining my options and was not quick to suggest surgery as many physicians I have dealt with in the past tend to do. I felt very comfortable working with the doctor and his staff, and all of his suggestions for my treatment plan were correct. I would recommend Dr. Gupta to anyone seeking out a specialist of his nature. I am happy to say that I am completely healed and ready to get back on the golf course!

Oct 29th, 2011

Aside from his wonderful bedside manner, he is an excellent clinician and diagnostician. He is not an alarmist and has a very nice way with people. He is overwhelmed with patients and needs a bit more time in his daily work enviornment. I highly recommend him to anyone with orthopedic issues.

Amazing and friendly Doc show details Amazing and friendly Doc
Aug 11th, 2011

he is an amazing MD. He is quite efficient and very polite. he is quite patient, and he will answer all of your questions.

Jul 20th, 2011

i had a good excellent experience

Jul 20th, 2011

had great experience

Dr. Gupta is the Best show details Dr. Gupta is the Best
Apr 1st, 2011

Dr. Gupta is the greatest doctor I have ever met. He is not only super educated, quick to properly diagnose your condition, devise a cogent treatment plan, but does it all with a smile and compassion that is not typically seen. He will never rush you out of the room and will make sure that all your questions are answered completely. Once you reach the surgical stage you will be in the best hands possible as Dr. Gupta excels in the operating room.

FIRST RATE AND FIRST CLASS DOCTOR!!! show details FIRST RATE AND FIRST CLASS DOCTOR!!!
Dec 27th, 2010

Dr. Gupta is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in NYC that I have encountered. I have an old wrist injury that I had seen several hand specialists for and Dr. Gupta by far leads the pack. From the minute he walked into the room, I felt that he cared about me and also had the clinical knowledge to quickly assess my problem. He also took the time to create a detailed plan with me, to get me back on the road to recovery. I would 100% recommend Dr. Gupta, as his skills, knowledge, and bedside manner separate him from his peers.

bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome show details bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome
Dec 21st, 2010

Dr. Gupta is a fantastic surgeon. He diagnosed my issue immediately and I was scheduled for surgery the same day. His bedside manner is direct, compasionate, and carring. My surgery has been a success for two reasons I am a compliant patient and he is a precise surgeon. I would recomend Dr. Gupta anyone who had a hand challenge.

thankful show details thankful
May 23rd, 2010

Unbelievable care. He really took time to examine me and explain my condition and the surgery needed. He was always available for questions and was a pleasure to deal with

uninformed and negative human skills show details uninformed and negative human skills
Jul 5th, 2009

told me he didnt know elbows yet had a bunch of negative comments for mine . an F on human interacion skills and an F for dr. gupta's overwhelmed and misinformed front desk

Doctor's Response

I am sorry for this patient's experience. I do treat Orthopedic disorders about the elbow as well as the rest of the body and try to provide compassionate and informative care to all of my patients. My staff strives to be as informed, compassionate, efficient, and as helpful as possibel.