Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

Didn't Listen to anything I said, nor did he look at my entire chart! show details Didn't Listen to anything I said, nor did he look at my entire chart!
Apr 22nd, 2015

He was the most insensitive, uncaring Dr. I have ever met! He never even looked at my entire Chart. He came in talking about fibromyalgia and that wasn't even why I was there to see him. I have 3 herniated discs in my neck with severe pain and also sciatica in my lower back. He had no clue I had an MRI and that was the reason I was there. All he could talk about was I need to exercise and lose weight. Sure it will help, but I can't even move within the an hour or two after just taking a walk. Every time I opened my mouth to say anything, he cut me off. Told me to go see some guy at Cleveland Clinic for help with exercise and walked out. I was the last appointment of the day and as soon as I walked out the door, he was already outside and on his phone.

Wouldn't let my pet go to him show details Wouldn't let my pet go to him
Nov 9th, 2012

First off He knew all of my medical problems and then sends me to a Phyc doc for ins purposes and that is fine!!! When I make a follow up appt for a pain pump or neuor stim he tells me because of my history he can't do it and tells me to go see Dr Ed Covington of the Cleveland Clinic!!!! He knew all of my history the first appt. he could of said he couldn't help me. I think it's part of a scam!!!

need to know show details need to know
Dec 9th, 2010

my husband is seeing this doctor and is happy with the results so far

kathy harlow show details kathy harlow
Nov 6th, 2010

I just had a surgical procedure from Dr Hayek. He was very caring and concerned. I would recommend him to anyone. Always nice to both my family and me.

kathy harlow show details kathy harlow
by kathy harlow on May 25th, 2010

I was in severe pain until I met this doctor. He helped me tremendously, including always personally calling me back when I needed help (I live 4 hours away). I have the utmost confidence in him in my care.

excellent doctor show details excellent doctor
Dec 16th, 2009

has been the only concerned about my pain. has been supportive and knowledgeable. listens and upfront and honest. very busy doctor who takes the time to take care of his patients if he is out of town there are always backup docs that are also supportive.

by Kathy Paige Harlow on Oct 8th, 2009

excellent doctor, very caring, excellent bedside manner, great personality- I couldn't have got along without him - he helped me tremendously!

Mar 16th, 2009

I came from out of state to see another physician who referred me to Dr. Hayek. Not only did he do a completely unnecessary procedure on me but he ignored my phone calls for over a week and when I finally pursued the issue, he said he didn't know why he hadn't called me and perhaps he was out of town? Gee, if I went out of town I'd remember. He also told me he would send me a prescription as he said he would but with weaning instructions to "cover his butt." Not professional at all and I am looking into making a formal complaint.