Overall Review

3.0

October 10th, 2016
I have never had such a bad experience with a physician for my children in the 7 years of being a parent. I'm not sure which was worst, not calculating my child's qtc or acknowledging the family history of long qt syndrome (with abnormal T waves on his EKG), not measuring an aortic root on a child with a presumed genetic connective tissue disorder, not appearing to even like children, or not even having a clue the appropriate medication to order which he wasn't going to order anyway until my child began to faint. Needless to say we traveled out of state to find a physician that actually was concerned about the T waves, had great compassion for children, and knew the exact medication to order to help. I would never recommend a single person to this physician.

May 14th, 2016
Completely dismissive. Was not thorough.

March 8th, 2014
My 15 year was terrified of surgery for her SVT. Dr. Idriss was patient, thoughtful and understanding. He did not patronize her. He was very straightforward. He validated her feelings and concerns. He encouraged her and she trusted him. We ended up having to have the surgery twice but she is healthy now and her heart reacts normally. We would recommend this doctor.

February 26th, 2014
Dr. Idriss is WONDERFUL!
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Idriss for the past 5 years and she LOVES him. He has been professional yet personable with her and us. We cannot thank him enough for all he has done to diagnose and fix (cardiac ablation) her SVT problem. We have referred several friends to him and they are pleased with him as well.

May 5th, 2013
Worst Doctor I have ever encountered
This doctor has absolutely no compassion for children. My 6 year old, developmentally disabled son had his 3rd open heart surgery in 2012. This doctor told my son to quit his crying. And was just plan rude and inconsiderate. He should not be working with children in my opinion. Duke Hospital has wonderful doctors but this man is not one of them!