Dr. Salim Jaffer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

March 19th, 2013
Wonderful Person
Dr. Jaffer is one of the few doctors in the business for the money. He is kind, caring and compassionate. When I am unable to see him, his well trained staff handle all my questions and medications. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. His staff is very genuine and friendly just like him.

June 11th, 2012
I see Dr. Jaffer as a Specialist. When he is not available the PA is well informed and capable of assisting me with my appointment. I have had testing, procedures, and follow-up appointments with this office. One visit the wait was delayed due to an emergency but the staff is always friendly and in the instance of the delay staff was very attentive to my needs and kept me informed.

February 16th, 2012
Had lost 40 lbs prior to visit took 2weeks to get a test done waited over a month to get the test done again lost another 10 lbs by then. Told us he was getting me to a surgeon. But wanted to another test. Waited another 2 weeks for that. Finally got to surgeon. I would not reccomme

June 7th, 2011
NOT impressed!
I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I felt he was very curt in answering all of the questions I had that go along with this. Many of the questions (such as what types of otc pain medication should I aviod) he said he couldn't answer for me, and that I needed to consult my family doctor. I have called his office with questions as they have come up and not received return calls on any of them. He also told me I would be in remission within a month (not sure how he can know that for sure, but it will be nice if it happens..) and he told me that he doesn't need to see me back in the office for SIX months. I felt this was a LONG time to go between appointments with a new diagnosis and SEVERAL new medications. Needless to say, I am currently shopping for a new gastroenterologist.

December 30th, 2010
His office is chaotic, they never call you back
Jaffer and his staff have no clue of what they r doing

November 23rd, 2010
Would Not Recommend
Dr. Jaffer cares little for his patients. I only ever saw him the 5 minutes before and the 5 minutes after a procedure. He once put me in the hospital where I sat for 3 days and yet did not come and see me until I insisted. When asked to complete badly needed paperwork, the PA was given the task and she, not being my doctor, filled it out incorrectly. When Dr. Jaffer was finally asked to do something, he could only write a two sentence letter that did not assist me in any way. His bedside manner is rude and rushed and he never did attempt to provide any solution to my throwing up for the past year and a half. He is not a good doctor and his office is undependable, this is why you can always get an appointment. He has few patients, no one wants to keep him as their doctor.

November 23rd, 2010
Would NOT Recommend

January 26th, 2010
good doctor
took care of me, appreciate his patience

October 14th, 2009
He is the best gastroenterologist - he graduate from Johns Hopkins and provides the best care.