Dr. Sally Carty MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 9th, 2016
Dont go to her!!
Haughty, condescending and outright insulting. Argued every fact about my previous lab tests results and acted like I was some nut with no valid cause but to want surgery, and her main objective seemed to be to prove me wrong. So she had new blood tests drawn and the results were even higher out of range than the ones I brought in. They called the next day and wanted me to come in to schedule the needed surgery. I'd rather WALK to TAMPA Dr. than ever let her cut into me !!

October 26th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
We met Dr Carty in 2014 when my (then) 15 year old daughter was referred to her for potential thyroid cancer. After multiple tests she did need to have her thyroid removed. Dr Carty performed the surgery and did a perfect job! She is very well respected in her field and came highly recommended. Just today a Dr. at CHP commented to me that she is one of the' best 'when he learned she had performed my daughter's surgery. Yes, her personality isn't typical of anyone I have ever met...but I wasn't going to her for a charm class. I was going to her because she is a phenomenal surgeon and I was trusting her with my daughter! My daughter liked her....and in fact, we were both glad that she was the one who did the surgery. I would most definitely recommend her!!

September 18th, 2016
The best of the best
Dr. Carty literally wrote the book on parathyroid surgery and I was quickly given an appointment when I self referred to her office for her opinion of my worrisome blood test results. I found her confidence and incredible knowledge to be totally reassuring during the stressful situation of contemplating this surgery. Her explanations were thorough, and she spent an incredible amount of time with me, and her staff was also fantastic and efficient. I couldn't be more pleased with the results of the surgery, her team, and her follow up procedures. I have a friend who is an endocrine surgeon in another state and he told me she was the best of the best and I am definitely in agreement!

May 30th, 2016
Horrible Doctor.... Will never return or reccomend her to any one ...

May 15th, 2016
I'd rather WALK all the way to Tampa!!
Haughty, condescending and outright insulting. Argued every fact about my previous lab tests results and acted like I was some nut there with no valid cause to want surgery, and her main objective seemed to be to prove me wrong. So she had new blood tests drawn and the results were even higher out of range than the ones I brought in. They called the next day and wanted me to come in to schedule the needed surgery. I'd rather WALK to expert TAMPA Dr. than ever let her cut into me !!

August 21st, 2015
She's amazing and very skilled. I had parathyroid disease and when she went in to retrieve it the tumor was located in my carotid artery. I wouldn't have wanted any other surgeon working in such a delicate area! Once she got that out she had to preform a complete thyroidectomy as the nodule she sent to pathology was malignant. She's the best!!!!!

February 6th, 2015
Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy
Terrifically skilled and knowledgeable surgeon

October 15th, 2014
Go to Florida!
Why spend time with a rude surgeon operating in an ineffective manner when you can be out of surgery in less than 20 minutes and be cured??

December 30th, 2013
Simply amazing
Dr. Carty is a fantastic surgeon. I love how confident she is about her life saving talent. She is simply amazing. I appreciate her so much. Some people don't like her demeanor but just that is what impressed me. Some people cant tell the difference between rude and confidence.

May 20th, 2013
Stay away from this doctor. She is rude and unkind. She does not listen to her patients. she gives UPMC a bad name. I am surprised that UPMC would have a doctor like her on staff. Every doctor I have had UPMC has been fantastic. This is the exception.

February 21st, 2013
I have to tell my experience IT WAS WONDERFUL in that Dr. Carty and her staff gave me all the information to prepare me for surgery and post surgery I"m two post surgery and felling better each day went to my appt after surgery and all is going well Thanks to Doctor and he staff and UPMC Hospital and staff thank you all from the bottom of my heart

July 27th, 2012
She is amazing, she cured me and takes really good care of me. I have MEN1 and she knows her facts. She was very informative and has good stats. She will tell you that but if it's proven you're amazing by joy tell others! She is saving my life!