Dr. Sally Mcfarland MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

September 21st, 2016
1st Visit
The staff was very friendly and prompt. It is nice to walk in to a place where the staff are not only friendly but are genuinely happy, have a sense of humor and of course professional...very warming. Dr. McFarland came in to the room and was very attentive in asking me questions of my past, as well as what was ailing me at the time. These types of questions are normal but she had a way of making the exchange more personal rather than just an abstract feel I've experienced in past Doctor relationships. I'd recommend her to family and friends and have certainly found my new PCP. 5 STAR

August 19th, 2013
Sally Is Just Collecting Paychecks, No Concern For Patients
I'll refer to her as Sally as I have not gotten much medical advise from her. My husband and I were patients for almost 15 years. We followed her through 4 office moves. Seems she can't get along with any other Doctors or patients. Why did we stay? We are scratching our heads on that one. We have been pretty healthy or so we thought. I had a stroke last year, which she didn't prevent by getting my blood pressure meds correct. I have been complaining for a year about weight gain since the stroke. Her solution was to cut out carbs. After waiting for her 65 minutes past a scheduled appointment, I decided to walk out and not return. I have since found a qualified Doctor who found a mass on my thyroid and an enlarged heart. In 1 week he has ordered more tests and 2 follow up visits. I asked Sally once what she thought of juicing as a cleanse and she said it was a bunch of crap. She also told me to stop eating yogurt because it was full of sugar. I told her it was plain non-fat. For years she had me go to her office for blood work and had me come in for an office visit to get a refill for a prescription. If you need a new Doctor, you are better off without one than going to her. She has never called me or my husband in 15 years. Not even when we were in the hospital on several occasions. I also had a sleep test at her husband's clinic. She has stopped doing that because he died.

April 11th, 2013
Fraudulent
My wife and I both visited Dr. McFarland for the first (and last) time last Summer. We were new patients, participating under a Health Savings Plan (HSA). Dr. McFarland, billed us for two separate visits, instead of the one that was covered by our HSA. When I disputed the 2nd charge with her office and my insurance, Dr. McFarland's office insisted that the first visit was a "consultation" (< 5 mins w/the doctor) that was required for new patients, and was properly billed. I have since taken found another physician who routinely combines her consultations with physicals. Dr. McFarland and her staff ought to make their billing improprieties clear to new patients, to avoid the perception of fraud.

March 20th, 2013
This lady is the absolute WORST. The two times I went to her, I waited 35 minutes passed my appointment time. The second time I went to see her I was experience flu like systems. When I told her that, she ran out of the room saying, "you have the flu", like I shouldn't have come to the Doctor's office. She went to the nurse and asked them if they knew. She came back in with a mask on - didn't check out my lungs, or throat, just started filling out prescriptions for me. Two days later I wasn't feeling any better, matter of fact I was feeling worse. It was late in the afternoon when I talked to her and she told me to go to the ER. Again, I felt as if she didn't want me to come in the office and infect her. I went to the ER and found out I had pneumonia - had she listened to my lungs, she would have known that. Needless to say, I had my files transferred to another care provider and I am extremely happy with them.

August 8th, 2012
Very good doctor.

July 4th, 2012
honest to the point medicine
Dr. McFarland is an honest no nonsense medical professional, if you are living unhealthy she will tell you with no sugar coating. She has been the reason for significant improvements in my health and mental well-being. Her staff is friendly and caring it has been a pleasure to be her patient.

April 25th, 2012
saved my life.

August 29th, 2011
Review of Dr. McFarland
I've been seeing Dr. McFarland for many years. She has never been rude to me. I also found the nurse in that practice to be very friendly. Dr. McFarland discovered very quickly through a physical that I had some serious health problems and referred me immediately to a specialist. I had bladder cancer, which was caught quickly. She also referred me to an excellent gastroenterologist (sp?) since I had a low blood count due to acid reflux and stomach problems. Yes, she also referred me to her husband since I had some lung scarring from acid reflux. However, that visit may not have been necessary since the "gastro" M.D. took care of that problem too. I see Dr. McFarland every 3 months for bloodwork to check on my diabetes. She always checks with me to be sure I'm also following up with my other doctors.

August 1st, 2011
Very rude
I've been seeing Dr. McFarland for several years now. I can always count on the fact that she will be rude during the visit. If you want a nice Doctor who seems to care, Dr. Macfarland is not the Dr. for you. I don't know why I still go to her...

June 3rd, 2011
I've been going to Dr. McFarland for many years. She doesn't coddle you; she listens carefully and has never mis-diagnosed me. The only thing she might do better is encourage me to get age appropriate screenings like bone densities, etc. I trust her completely.

May 12th, 2011
I have agree with the patients above about rude bedside manners. I expect her to be rude on every visit. She doesn't give you time to expalin before she rudely interupt. She makes you feel as if your very illiterate. She told me I told me I had a chronic condition. I would't see her for a serious matter. She doesn't seem to be concerned enough to listen to you. I would love to have Dr Randolph instead.

April 18th, 2011
I will not recommend Dr Mcfarland to anyone.She's rude .and doesnt have any bedside manner.