Dr. Sally Mcintyre MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 14th, 2013
After I had my thyroid removed every doctor I went to told me my symptoms were because I had pre-diabetes and was peri-menopausal. They all refused to adjust my thyroid medication and instead prescribed medicine to treat the symptoms. Finally, after 4 years of searching I found Dr. McIntyre! She adjusted my thyroid medications and guess what? All those other symptoms went away. I'm down to one pill a day now and haven't felt this good in close to 6 years.

December 10th, 2009
The good doctor fired me as a patient!
I moved to Dayton, OH from out of state, and made my 1st appt with Sally McIntyre, MD. I was eager to find a good new doctor that was close to my home. I brought all my records with me to the appt and tried to explain my symptoms, conditions and needs to the doctor. She sat at her computer, asked me questions, typed and stared at me, typed in more information and just plain stare at me like I was from outer space. She made me very uncomfortable and I thought this was a very odd way for a doctor to conduct herself. Dr. McIntyre made copies of my documentation but offered me no advise. When I left I was not given a "next appt". So, accouple of days latter I called the office and asked what I was to do, because I was overdue for a GYN exam, Pap and mammogram. I was referred to the office manager who told me I couldn't be seen and was given no explanation. When I objected, I was told they would reimburse my insurance for the visit and find me another doctor in another practice. I asked for another doctor within the practice and was told that was not possible. I am a fairly normal senior who was simply looking for a new doctor and felt like I was being examined under a microscopeand didn't meet this offices criteria, whatever it might be. This office I was told by the staff deals with many seniors and it is their policy to only refer patients. I took that to mean the doctors in this practice do not actually treat patients but refer them to specialists. It felt like a scam to me! and hurt my feelings that I didn't meet their patient qualifications. Then I met another women who had a similar experience with this same Sally McIntyre, MD. She also had no understanding why she was eliminated from "The Practice". What is going on here???