Dr. Salomon Epstein MD Patient Reviews

1.7

February 6th, 2016
I would highly recommended no one ever go to this doctor he will most likely ruin your life, as he did to me! I finally can speak about it now after time has passed, I have never wrote a review on anything before I must say this is the first time and I'm writing it to save girls from being in the horrible position that this doctor put in for months, what he gives you at the moment will have no affect although you feel as if it did cause he's a complete fraud, after I found this out over a month later I did everything to keep my child and then months later to find out I had a stillborn- yes! What this doctor had given me I was told enough to basically torte an innocent life but it couldn't make it and just to think this man looks somewhat religious working next to a temple just shows how he could careless and is looking for a handout, I can't emphasize enough never to go here there are so many more places and I only wish someone had something when I checked his reviews so I wouldn't have ended up in something that I never thought could happen or was even possible.He is a complete scam and will cause you nothing but suffering heartache as he did to me.

July 27th, 2011
terrible doctor, stay away from him
I came to his Queens office for a medical abortion, that as I was told on the phone by him self and his staff, will cost me $400 cash, all included: test, sonogram, pills, consultation, follow up check. The 'office' turned to be a dirty underground space of 3 tiny rooms for waiting room, doctor's room shared with the receptionist and the operational surgery room. After I was charged $400 cash by the receptionist, the doctor saw the sonogram I had from a visit to crisis pregnancy center (they are not a certified medical institution but a pro-life non-profit org.) and recommended to have a medical (pill) abortion. He gave me the pills without even checking my status with ultrasound test. I asked him what if the sonogram I had with me wasn't accurate and if he needed to make sure my pregnancy term and status is suitable for medical abortion. He obviously didn't like my question, but told me to proceed to the operational room for an us check. His equipment looked really outdated with the only vaginal (not the modern ones where you don't have to remove your panties) type of ultrasound machine. When I received my pills and instructions, it turned out that the necessary follow up check will cost me an extra $75, which had not been mentioned before I paid $400 for 'all inclusive' procedure. One month after I took the pills and had an abortion, I'm still bleeding heavily and need a visit to a doctor. I really don't want to go back to this doctor now, but I cannot have an appointment with any other doctor either (due to legal liability issues).Dr. Solomon N Epstein is an indifferent doctor, quite an unpleasant person to communicate with and he cannot be trusted: he is deliberately misleading patients by offering an 'all inclusive' $400 medical abortion, that in reality includes neither a follow-up check, no dealing with possible complications. I've made a sad mistake by spending my entire abortion budget on this doctor and was left out with complications and without a possibility to have any followup medical care or consultation. Please don't make my mistake yourself! Do your research online: there so much better options available in NYC for abortion, both medical and surgical. There is a nice clinic in Brooklyn that offers a full package on medical abortion for $350 and they seem to really take care about you for this money.