Ophthalmologist - Vitreo Retinal Specialist
Video profile
2521 Metrocentre Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
561-687-0007
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  DEVASTATED HE DESERVES NO STARS - BEWARE OF HIS BILLING PRACTICES  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2014

I just received 9 insurance statements in the mail for Dr. Melgen. These statements (Explanation of Benefits/EOBs) date back to 2010 and 2011. It is now 2014. According to these EOBs, collectively per the nine statements, I owe Dr. Melgen $24,000 because the claims were not submitted in a timely manner !! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW LUDICROUS THIS IS - BECAUSE HIS OFFICE DID NOT FILE TIMELY (AND NEVER NOTIFIED ME) I HAVE TO PAY THE NONCONTRACTUAL $24,000 RATE !! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL COME IN THE MAIL TOMORROW ? MY BILLS BY EVERY DOCTOR HAVE BEEN FILED IN A TIMELY MANNER, AND WITH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY INSURANCE I HAVE PAID NOTHING OUT OF POCKET. IF I GET ANY BILLS/COLLECTIONS FROM HIM, I WILL SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL. THIS IS HIGHLY UNUSUAL AND REEKS OF SCAM.

|  The Greatest  |  show details
by Martin Stewart on Jun 10th, 2010

I visited Dr. Durante in Stuart and he sent me directly to Dr. Melgen after discovering I had a detached retina. Dr. Melgen told him to send me down immediately so he could see me. Long story short, short wait time, great staff and the friendliest doctor I have ever met in my life. with a 10 minute procedure that I didn't feel anything, I was in my car and headed home. Dr. Melgen, you're the greatest.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for sharing your story and for your kind words!