Ophthalmologist - Vitreo Retinal Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Russel Savage on Jan 31st, 2015

Saved sight Left eye working on Right eye best Doctor I've seen

Aug 26th, 2014

First time seeing him and felt like I was a long time patient. Even though it was a busy day he took his time to answer all my questions and never felt he was rushing to get done with me.

DEVASTATED HE DESERVES NO STARS - BEWARE OF HIS BILLING PRACTICES show details DEVASTATED HE DESERVES NO STARS - BEWARE OF HIS BILLING PRACTICES
Apr 4th, 2014

I just received 9 insurance statements in the mail for Dr. Melgen. These statements (Explanation of Benefits/EOBs) date back to 2010 and 2011. It is now 2014. According to these EOBs, collectively per the nine statements, I owe Dr. Melgen $24,000 because the claims were not submitted in a timely manner !! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW LUDICROUS THIS IS - BECAUSE HIS OFFICE DID NOT FILE TIMELY (AND NEVER NOTIFIED ME) I HAVE TO PAY THE NONCONTRACTUAL $24,000 RATE !! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL COME IN THE MAIL TOMORROW ? MY BILLS BY EVERY DOCTOR HAVE BEEN FILED IN A TIMELY MANNER, AND WITH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY INSURANCE I HAVE PAID NOTHING OUT OF POCKET. IF I GET ANY BILLS/COLLECTIONS FROM HIM, I WILL SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL. THIS IS HIGHLY UNUSUAL AND REEKS OF SCAM.

The Greatest show details The Greatest
by Martin Stewart on Jun 10th, 2010

I visited Dr. Durante in Stuart and he sent me directly to Dr. Melgen after discovering I had a detached retina. Dr. Melgen told him to send me down immediately so he could see me. Long story short, short wait time, great staff and the friendliest doctor I have ever met in my life. with a 10 minute procedure that I didn't feel anything, I was in my car and headed home. Dr. Melgen, you're the greatest.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for sharing your story and for your kind words!