Dr. Salvador Arella MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 11th, 2016
Best Doctor that cares - and understands
Dr. Arella saved my life. I had severe depression and suicidal thoughts constantly. Dr. Arella tried a few prescriptions and found one that treated my illness. Thank you Dr. Arella! Bless you for saving my life and family. Forever grateful.

May 27th, 2016
Dangerous Doctor
He will prescribe medication to a patient that was never intended for whatever illness they suffer from. After the permanent day he did to me, I was told by other psychiatrists that he should have had his license revoked many years ago,

February 21st, 2016
Will destroy you
One star is the lowest I can give. Dr. Arella ruined my life. I was suffering from major depression and he prescribed an ant-psychotic medication. That medication gave me tardive dyskinesia, which I still suffer from. It has eased up over the last couple of years but will never go away. The only reason he did not get sued was because of the statute of limitations. By the time I realized what he had done, it was too late. Other psychiatrists have told me that he should not be practicing and should have his license revoked. Don't go to him!!

December 20th, 2015
Wisest doctor I've Met
Dr. Arella has nearly half a century of medical expertise and/or experience. Respect this wise little old man, he'll heal you or help maintain your wellbeing. Thank you for your lifetime of dedicated work for the sake of Medicine itself.

December 14th, 2015
Extremely unprofessional and rude. Prescribe incorrect medication and diagnosis.

October 23rd, 2015
HE IS THE WORST!
Please don't go to him!!!!! He has horrible bedside manners. He doesn't even look up at his patients. He overcharged me on my co- pay and it took me months to get paid back. He is rude and doesn't care about patients. He overmedicates and says your fine, when you can't even function.

October 16th, 2015
A complete joke - doesn't even listen to what I have to say Can't seem to remember who I am each time I come and shows his no concern. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone. I can't even believe Olive View referred me to him. I looked up this doctor online and every single review was negative. I don't know how he is still in practice.

September 1st, 2015
One of the works doctors I have meet. He is no professional at all and does not have education or manners. Its does not care for his patients and extend prescriptions without building any relation as doctor - patient. They send me to him with the Medical and he just talk to my daughter twice, never answer a "Good Afternoon" he does not inform to the front staff of any change in his Doctor liability so they can inform us properly. The front desk staff has more manners, customer service knowledge and cares about patients. Is a doctor that looks that he does not wants the parents inside his office but if they minors we as a parents are responsible of our kids. It should be a protocol how to handle all this situations, and he should know. He is not a "problem solver", or someone mature and respectful. When he is wrong he tries to blame and accuse the parent, he does not take responsibility. Also its really poor his personal appearance, he does not look clean and is so uncomfortable to see him with his "allergy". And its a great decoration in his desk the roll of paper tissue, its better it than seen how his nose is running and almost touching his lips.

August 14th, 2015
He needs a Psychiatrist.
I saw him on a regular basis for 20 years when I was a single Mom on Medical. He was the only Psychiatrist back then who accepted it. I had to go because of severe depression and panic attacks. I needed meds. At first he was a very charming, charismatic man and we got along well. I felt as if he had compassion and tried his best but appeared to be deeply troubled. During the last ten years of seeing him, he changed for the worst. This was in the 1990's. He starting yelling at patients and having temper tantrums. After all those years of seeing me, I came for a visit one day crying and telling him that my meds didn't work. He flipped out on me and told me that if I didn't stop crying that he would commit me!! He actually picked up his phone and said he was calling for an ambulance right then if I didn't shut up. It was then that I believed that he was mentally ill. I composed myself and walked out of the office, never to return. It's so sad because in the beginning I really liked him as a doctor. I guess he's worse now. I do not recommend him.

October 6th, 2013
If this Dr. Salvador Arella is the one who has some weekly office hours at the Mission City clinic in Mission Hills, CA, I agree with the first reviewer. Dr. Arella dismisses any medications my son and I have taken for years with pretty good results, insists that he knows better than our previous doctors (who are no longer at the same clinic), and says the drugs he prescribes have no side effects. For example, rather than gradually scaling down the dosage of a drug that my son had been on for many years, he took my son off cold-turkey, saying there would be no side effects. In fact my son had withdrawal symptoms for about four days. He then replaced that drug with another that, after I looked up the uses for the drug on WebMd.com and Mayoclinic.com, I found that the symptoms had nothing to do with my son's diagnosis. Dr. Arella often asks me what drugs I want. I'd like to see if he would prescribe morphine if I asked. Some drugs knock me out cold for a whole day.

October 12th, 2012
BAD DIAGNOSIS COSTED ME CUSTODY OF MY SON
THIS DOCTOR GAVE MY MEDICAL INFO TO THE COURT AND WAS PAID TO BY MY MOTHER TO LIE ON THE DIAGNOSIS AND COSTED ME MY SON, THIS DOCTOR LIED ON MY DIAGNOSIS AT SOMEONE'S REQUEST TO HELP TAKE MY SON AWAY, THIS DOCTOR IS AN UNPROFESSIONAL THAT WILL RELEASE MEICAL HISTORY TO ANYONE BEWARE DON'T SEE THIS DOCTOR

October 28th, 2010
He's has no compassion, and no soul.He gives no eye contact at all. He's rude has no bedside manner at all. He even over charged me. It took month to get my money back. He over medicates his patients, so they can't function and yell at them.