Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Psychiatrist

834 W Ave
Suite B
Lancaster, CA 93534
661-726-7522
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Oct 6th, 2013

If this Dr. Salvador Arella is the one who has some weekly office hours at the Mission City clinic in Mission Hills, CA, I agree with the first reviewer. Dr. Arella dismisses any medications my son and I have taken for years with pretty good results, insists that he knows better than our previous doctors (who are no longer at the same clinic), and says the drugs he prescribes have no side effects. For example, rather than gradually scaling down the dosage of a drug that my son had been on for many years, he took my son off cold-turkey, saying there would be no side effects. In fact my son had withdrawal symptoms for about four days. He then replaced that drug with another that, after I looked up the uses for the drug on WebMd.com and Mayoclinic.com, I found that the symptoms had nothing to do with my son's diagnosis. Dr. Arella often asks me what drugs I want. I'd like to see if he would prescribe morphine if I asked. Some drugs knock me out cold for a whole day.

|  Violates HIPPA and unprofessional  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2013

I meet Dr. Arella for the first time this past week. He did not introduce himself nor make any attempt at a formal greeting. He proceeded to ask me two questions and when I asked him why he was asking me about information that was already in the chart he snapped at me. He became irate and condescending. He began to put words into my mouth. Eventually he called upon a MA to witness the situation. When he recanted what had happened between us, he lied. I then told her the exact words of the doctor. This man then said that he was from Asia and was not trained. I became alarmed that he may not even be a real psychiatrist. At one point he had written out my full prescription and stated I would be referred to the other attending doctor. Upon leaving his office to go and make the appointment I failed to retrieve my prescription (that was not handed to me) and he again stated I had anger issues and that he was not going to give me the prescription. This announcement was through an open doorway where the business office sat with another open doorway to the lobby where other patients sat. In the end he revoked my chances of treatment which included being allowed to talk to someone about my issues and he did not give me the medication. I ended up crying so much in the office and eventually had a panic attack. This man never apologized to me. He violated HIPPA by talking to other staff members about my medication and this was all in earshot to the other patients in the office. Please review this man prior to seeing him. I would hate for anyone to have that experience.

|  BAD DIAGNOSIS COSTED ME CUSTODY OF MY SON  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

THIS DOCTOR GAVE MY MEDICAL INFO TO THE COURT AND WAS PAID TO BY MY MOTHER TO LIE ON THE DIAGNOSIS AND COSTED ME MY SON, THIS DOCTOR LIED ON MY DIAGNOSIS AT SOMEONE'S REQUEST TO HELP TAKE MY SON AWAY, THIS DOCTOR IS AN UNPROFESSIONAL THAT WILL RELEASE MEICAL HISTORY TO ANYONE BEWARE DON'T SEE THIS DOCTOR

|  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

He's has no compassion, and no soul.He gives no eye contact at all. He's rude has no bedside manner at all. He even over charged me. It took month to get my money back. He over medicates his patients, so they can't function and yell at them.