A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Salvador Castells:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Salvador Castells, MD is board certified in Pediatrics.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Diabetes, Lipid Disorders, and Lipid Metabolism Disorders.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Castells graduated from Universidad De Barcelona.More Education & Awards
Dr. Castells has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Kings County Hospital Center
- Brooklyn University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Castells accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Salvador Castells practice?
Dr. Salvador Castells practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, and Endocrinology and Metabolism near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY and Bronx, NY.
See New York Pediatricians, New York Pediatric Specialists, and New York Endocrinologists.