Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists

355 E 21st St
Ste L
San Bernardino, CA 92404
909-886-3100
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Wrongful practice, wrongful diagnosis, pill peddler, and has a guard dog for a wife  |  show details
by K. M. on Aug 2nd, 2013

I do not recommend Dr. Lasala for a psychiatrist. His wife is a guard dog and stated he would not change the diagnosis and would not give us the medical records that my daughter needs to know about what he said, for a career choice in the military. She said, "What is done is done. He is not going to change it." The staff is not courteous as one stated to my daughter when she attempted a second time to get her records, "You're supposed to be taking meds." I jumped in and said, "Who are you to say that? You are not the doctor and are not licensed to say sh**." Wait time was over an hour almost every time we went when our appointment was at 2:00. It would be at least 3:00 before he would see us and he was already writing out the scripts before we hit the threshold of the door. My main complaint is driven by the fact, my daughter was a collateral contact for my son and his behavioral problems (Asperger's Autism Spectrum Disorder). He saw that she was upset with how her brother treats her and wasn't understanding this behavior. Instead of looking at my son, he focused on what I guess he was doing--DIAGNOSING her. He wrote a script for her and since she was over 18, I could not intervene due to HIPAA laws. She never filled that prescription. She didn't take the meds. She did not need them. He likes to write prescriptions like they're candy. He laughs about mental illness and seems to be laughing all the way to the bank because he is a total pill peddler. The appointments were always delayed and the office was overflowing with patients while he was being entertained for lunch by pharmaceutical salesmen with Olive Garden and all office operations ceased, including front office staff. REALLY? He asked her to fill out papers but she was not sure why and they had her go up to the front of the office to do it and since she was 18 I was told I have to wait in the office with my son. She was not understanding that what she was signing was to receive treatment. Totally wrong. I should have listened to my instinct to intervene regardless of their insistence. I am very upset because this is affecting my daughter's future to get in the military potentially. She is currently filing a complaint against Dr. Lasala for this behavior that he presents in his practice. I am in the mental health profession and it's doctors like him who are overmedicating and making inaccurate diagnoses for the simple fact he is cashing in on Medi-Cal and other insurances while children are being overmedicated or given medication they don't need for a false diagnosis. Since our time there, we went to get another therapist for my son and they found this doctor to be quite incompetent in the Inland Empire. Mind you, he treats juveniles in the County Detention Center and medicates them so they will be compliant with staff. I know that there are children who need meds, but I have heard countless stories of the overmedication of his clients there. Parent to Parent Advice: Please do research and get 2-3 different opinions about the diagnosis he gives. You may find that your child is not as bad off as you think. Our situation stems from the fact that 2 other therapists have found nothing that resembles BiPolar I in my daughter. If you show emotion of any kind to this man, he will determine your child is mentally ill. What is worse, is that the people he generally sees are on Medi-Cal welfare insurance and don't know whether he is good or bad. You can check records with the Medical Board for any problems or complaints. Also the Board of Behavioral Sciences can show information on psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and counselors. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS WHO DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. Thank you.

|  would like fo you to write a letter stating dakota k allen is in need of a more aggresive treatment  |  show details
by i am great grandmother terry s hunter 909 921-7116 on Jul 3rd, 2012

would like to put him in a school or hospital for a more thorough examination and therpy. meds dont work so far hes getting worse. about to be turned over to state of calif(foster homes)which he totally doesnt need. im afraid it would make him worse. HHEELLPP!!!!!!!

|  show details
Oct 3rd, 2011

Friendly and concerned about my issues. Never a long wait and quick apts.

|  Dr. Lasala is a wonderful doctor!!!  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

My son has been seeing Dr. Lasala for over 8 years. Drove all the way from Big Bear Lake to see him. He is a very good doctor that gives alot of his time to helping the kids. He works with many different programs including his regular patients. Yea at times you have to wait longer then other times but thats because he is helping someone who might need a little extra time that day or a patient was late as I have been before due to unforseen road situations and he would still get us in to see him, but would end up putting him behind for the rest of the day. He works with you all the way and discusses all options available to treat the diagnoses. He is a very friendly man and easy to talk to. Not one of those doctors who are inpersonal and just get you in and get you out. Stuffy like hes not. And the most important thing is that my son liked him, could talk to him, tell him how he was feeling and what he was thinking. My son felt very comfortable with him. Now due to unfortunite circumstances my son has had to find a new doctor in another town and it hasn't been an easy thing to do. The doctors that we have encountered have been a far cry from what we had with Dr. Lasala. My son hates going and we have gotten no where with finding a doctor that connects to the kids like Dr. Lasala does. Dr Lasale your the best and we miss you so much!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work and dont listen to those people that don't have a clue about you. Hope to be returning to the inland empire in the near future and you will be the first one we see. Thanx Dr. Lasala : )

|  Pill happy...  |  show details
by Frustrated Parent on May 22nd, 2010

This Dr. Lasala feeds medication to kids like candy, sometimes even without seeing the patient to evaluate them he'll change meds to a higher dose or a completely different med. My son had an adverse reaction to a ADHD med that he changed on him, and my son was taken to another dr. and that other dr. took my son off the ADHD med's. Then Dr. Lasala did the opposite of this other dr. and wanted him to take something, like he just won't be happy unless he's shoving a pill down some poor kids throat. I think Dr. Lasala over exagerates the patients symptoms and misdiagnoses the patient. He's the type that would look at a 6 month old and try to give it meds because the poor baby was crying or something. I DO NOT want my son a zombie. Let kids be kids.