Dr. Salvatore Bernardo Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 23rd, 2016
Got Greedy and He left his patients hanging
He had a good practice but got greedy. He left all his patients to fan for themselves. In order to be part of his new practice you had to pay thousands of dollars for a family in order for him having the privilege of him treating you.

January 23rd, 2016
Thanks!
I was in the best health of my life when I was seeing Dr. Bernardo. He was often like a health coach almost and since having to drop him two years ago, I cannot find anyone in the area like him and my health is not like what it used to be. Nevertheless, thanks for helping me through the best and healthiest 5 years of my life.

January 22nd, 2016
Thank you!!
Dr Bernardo has been in our family for many years. I'm very upset he is leaving his practice but wish him all the best. He has been with us through all of our children and many different health problems. I appreciate everything he's done for us!! Choosing another physician is so hard because we have such a beautiful repor with him. Thank you dr Bernardo for everything!!

January 8th, 2016
I don't know.what I.am going to.do, or.where I'm goimg to go. Sadly Dr.Bernardo.is leaving his.practice. I've been (and my husband, daughter.and son) his patient for 18 years now. I have alot of health problems and complications that he treats me for and has been a long for."my ride" God has given me. I don't even know where to turn for a new doctor. I got the letter right before Christmas and I'm still in shock. I wish he would change his.mind. I am one of many many patients I'm sure feel like I.do. I don't even know.where to start. Good luck Dr. Bernardo you.will be sadly.missed.

April 1st, 2014
CONCIERGE MEDICINE: Great if you can afford it.
Dr. Bernardo treated my husband and I for 5 yrs. He is a thorough, intelligent doctor that spends time with his patients. I'm giving him a 2 in this review because he recently joined MDVIP. My husband and I would have had to pay him $3200 ($1600/person) per year for the privilege of having his personal phone number and getting timely appointments. That is an expense we are not willing to pay for the 3 or 4 visits that we need per year. That is almost $300 per month on top of our insurance premiums, deductibles and co pays. Too much. I wonder now how much he really cares about his patients. Sad.

March 14th, 2014
Dr Bernardo is the best!
I am very sad to be leaving Dr Bernardo. He is a great, caring doctor who has treated my family for over 10 years. The fact that he has made a decision to join MDVIP has no bearing on his ability to diagnose and treat patients with skill, dignity and respect and should have no bearing on how he is rated, in my opinion.

January 13th, 2014
No longer seeing EXISTING patients,unless...
Just tried to make an appointment with someone who I thought was MY doctor. Well, since I did not join the "Membership" program, and did not pay the $1650 membership fee, guess what? I am now looking for a new PCP.

November 25th, 2013
Nice guy gone bad
Excellent doctor who we hate to lose, but he apparently got talked into joining up with something called MDVip that is a fancy name for a shakedown where he threatens to drop you as his patient unless you pay an annual fee starting at $1500 for a worthless "wellness plan." We will be finding another doctor.

June 18th, 2012
Best Doctor in NJ
Dr Bernaro is a caring man.I now actually like going to the doctor.What I like most is that he spends time talking to you and listening to you as well.You do not feel rushed and it also seems that he really does care about you. He is very pleasant and asks many questions,he makes you feel at ease.Very smart and courteous! You will lovehim!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 19th, 2011
Saved my life
His expertise helped find my kidney cancer in a very early stage. He is a an outstanding doctor who always follows up on his patients.

March 23rd, 2011
Warm, friendly, and caring
I love Dr. Bernardo! He is so attentive and caring to my needs. He takes his time with me, and is very friendly, compassionate, and understanding. I was recently in his office for a yearly physical, and he sent me for a few thyroid tests, and it was discovered that I had 3 nodules, one of which I had extensive testing done, and am currently treating. If it were not for his thoroughness, I would not have known about the nodules. He does not rush me, unlike the previous doctor I had, who was walking out of the examination room backwards to see another patient as I was still talking to him!! I highly recommend Dr. Salvatore Bernardo to anyone who is looking for a primary care physician.

January 7th, 2011
Great Family Doctor
Recommend to everyone I know. Interests himself in all aspects of his patient's medical, personal and social issues. Treats the "whole" person as well as the family. He donated blood during his day off for my heart surgery, He researches diagnostic challenges and phones his patients at their homes for follow up inquiries,. This is a dedicated truly old fashioned practioner,