Dr. Salvatore Fanto MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2015
This is the WORT DOCTOR I have ever visited! My mother was injured at work and DR Fanto was the doctor chosen by her workman comp.He was very disrespectful and rude to my mother on every single visit.After we finished with our visits I asked for her medical records and it's been 12 months and I still don't have them.I have been calling his office weekly and his staff is awful!They laid to me twice that records were mailed to me.However today when I called nurse told me that he wants to see my mother one more time so he can close this case.?! Our last visit was six months ago and he told us that was our last visit?! Stay away from this doctor!

December 14th, 2013
Very professional approach. Staff was friendly and easy to approach.

November 12th, 2013
Very frustrating
Dr. Fanto is a very good surgeon. He knows what he's doing and works efficiently. However, the wait time for office visits is horrible! On numerous occasions, I have had to wait for over two hours just to be called to a room. They schedule several patients for the exact same time and get way behind schedule. The general feeling among patients is frustration.

September 19th, 2013
AVOID THIS DOCTOR AND OFFICE
Dr. Fanto was referred to us by Silver Cross Hospital in 2005 for an emergency tendon nerve repair in my hand. Upon the first visit his office staff accepted my insurance copay as in network. After surgery we found out my insurance is not in his network. My insurance company paid the emergent portion of the bill leaving me with a tag over ten thousand dollars. The office staff is horrible and were completely 100% unwilling to work with us to bring the amount owed to a reasonable amount. The office staff is very unprofessional, rude, and ignorant. They are unwilling to help their patients, especially Daniella, so good luck if she calls you. I would avoid Dr. Fanto's practice due to the fact that he has incompetent office staff and my surgery did not completely fix my issues. The funniest part of the insurance issue was he told me I would need a secondary surgery to have full range of motion in my hand. What a JOKE!

September 11th, 2013
Sept. 11, 2013
Dr. Fanto is an excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. HOWEVER, dealing with the office staff was horrible. For this reason alone I would say to stay away.

June 12th, 2013
Dr. Fanto is a good doctor but the office staff is the worse, very incompetent. I go to a different doctor just because of the staff.

July 5th, 2012
Stay away
Office is a joke!

October 27th, 2011
Awesome Hand Surgeon
Dr. Fanto operated on my hand after I was dumb enough to put it in a snow blower. He happened to be the surgeon on call that night and responded to my emergency at Silver Cross Hospital. He did an excellent job repairing my fingers and my hand is back to normal. Thanks again Dr. Fanto for being awesome at what you do.

July 25th, 2016