Salvatore LaCognata Is this you?

Have you seen Salvatore LaCognata?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 13th, 2016

Very thorough

August 25th, 2015

Dr. Lacognata, is the gentleman of doctors.. He cuts no slack in his diagnosis and takes the time to make sure you understand your problem. He takes the time to know you and reasures you that the problem can and will be taken care of....to the best it can be. He is well appreciated by myself and family in his treatment of my surgery.

May 4th, 2015

I have had good experiences with this orthopedic physcian

May 2nd, 2015

a good overall experience with the office staff and physicians

September 22nd, 2014

Great doctor

Dr LaCognata was involved in every aspect of my knee replacement, from pre-op consultation, through surgery and post op. I was very impressed with his professionalism and the proverbial bedside manner he exhibited. He is a caring professional whose concern for this patient went above and beyond. Both my wife and I have had total knee replacement done by Dr. LaCognata and consider him a great choice.

January 4th, 2014

Dr. La Cognata is one of the best orthopaedic's I have seen in my 38years of having bone problems. Started when I was 16, have seen "experts" in the field, ie, Chief of Orthopaedics, Univ of Chicago, have had surgery by him, had surgery with Chicago WHITE SOX team surgeon. I have a very complicated hip. 5 surgeries on my hip with the last surgery done by La Cognata, he is the only reason I can walk, at all. He is very pleasant and cares about his patients and has given me the best care ever! I would not trust my hips with anybody else.

August 13th, 2012

Betrayed my trust and crippled me - Stay away from this man

Doctor was told I was an athlete and to NOT correct the length of my leg (1/4 inch short)as I was a black belt and needed to know the length. Also, I told him my mother had the same congenital length difference and a surgeon had tried to correct the length and left her with bad back problems. Imagine my horror when he told me - as I was leaving the operating room - that he had lengthened my leg. He didn't just lengthen it 1/4 inch, he lengthed if 5/8 of an inch (more than a board certified surgeon should), widened the joint over an inch and turned my toes in. I will limp for the rest of my life, am unable to teach or do karate, ride my bike, or walk any distance. He has ruined my retirement and cost me thousands of dollars in physical therapy. He has his receptionist write prescriptions and when I needed an antibiotic, I was prescribed one I was allergic to that was in their files. They "don't check patient files" when prescribing - per his nurse. They also moved an appointment so that it was past 90 days after surgery and charged me $180 for it. I'm in more pain than before he operated and keep falling down due to the great change in anatomy. Stay away from this man.

September 3rd, 2011

Amazing doctor.

I had a pretty rare bone disorder that had left me very incapacitated the majority of my life. Dr.Lacognata was the only doctor who was willing to take on the challenge. He did an amazing job and I am now able to walk without the use of a wheel chair or crutches. Thank you so much!

March 25th, 2011

Crippled me for life

I went to Dr. Lacognata for a right hip replacement. I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, dancer, and mountain biker. I have had my right leg 1/4 inch shorter than my left from birth. I told him NOT to correct that as it was not a problem for me and my mother who had had the same short leg had been left in pain by a doctor who attempted to lengthen her leg. She eventually had to undergo revision surgery. In addition, as a black belt, I really needed to know where the end of my leg was. I said, "Dont fix me!" Doctor Lacognata ignored my request, did NOT tell me he was going to try to fix the leg length and left me with a right leg now 3/8 of an inch longer than the left - a change of 5/8 of an inch. I will either have to undergo the painful revision surgery or wear a lift shoe and orthodic shoes for the rest of my life. I will never be able to do karate again and am in more pain now than before the surgery. He told me, "you need to learn to live with what you've got!" More like, I need to learn to live with what he gave me - after he was told NOT to change the leg length, he lengthened the leg over 1/2 inch.

March 20th, 2017