Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Concerned Husband show details Concerned Husband
Jun 15th, 2015

Dr. Lococo has been serving my wife for a little over a year. He has performed a hysterectomy and is treating reoccurring cervical cancer. He recently performed or oversaw the surgical removal of cancer on her bladder. Dr. Lococo is the "belly button" for "all things" pertaining to my wife's cancer. He is working with a few other doctors to help my wife beat her cancer. He has asked for complete trust from my wife. My wife and I's concerns began in between her 1st round of recommended radiation/ chemo treatments and surgical procedure on her bladder. Here are the concerns: 1. The surgery date was moved 3 times. 2. The first date and the actual date of her surgery (which happened to be on a date not scheduled originally) were months apart which would allow more time for my wife’s cancer to metastasize. 3. He asked some sketchy questions that he should have had the answer to. 4. He seems to sugar coat too much and leaves out pertinent details that would help my wife and I make important decisions (as we had complete trust in what he said). For example: my wife and I were getting significant diagnosis specifics from other doctors/specialists when they should have come from him. 5. He doesn't seem to communicate well to me, my wife or other specialists. Is the man overworked/ task saturated? Is he able to manage my wife's case efficiently and effectively? He may be a brilliant surgeon/ OB, but I still lean toward no. He is a nice doctor with a decent bedside manner, careful thought in what he says, with a passion for his work. However I would rather have an optimistic/ realist as my wife is not in a hospice. I don't have a warm/ fuzzy about this doctor with this case.

Disheartened show details Disheartened
by Frustrated Patient on Jul 16th, 2014

In my opinion, Dr. LoCoco is an EXCELLENT surgeon. His up/down personality leaves a lot to be desired. He can be very kind but he can be an outright bully as well. He is easily defensive when challenged with a question. While I appreciate the expertise of his care I have suffered much from his behavior.

Cold lizard show details Cold lizard
Apr 2nd, 2013

Judging from previous comments, Dr. Lococo's patient care and respect have not improved. He talked over our mothers head as if she wasn't there, stated that because of her age, no treatment was available for whatever might be wrong. He wasn't sure what was actually wrong because old people are so difficult to examine. That did not stop him from stating that we should just put her in hospice since she is, you know, old. He may be skilled with procedures but for patient care he is a cold lizard.

Aug 16th, 2012

I had a radical robotic hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer. Dr LoCoco was kind, caring, and thorough---excellent in every way.

THE FINAL BLOW show details THE FINAL BLOW
Feb 9th, 2010

Dr. LoCoco was my mom's doctor. She had cervical cancer. My mom didn't speak english and he talked to me a lot of the time. I was 19 almost 20 yrs old and I never thought her condition was so serious. He would say tumors, but I never heard the word CANCER. She received chemo & radiation treatment for about 4 months and he had told us she was ok. We were so thankful and she even returned to work. A few weeks later she was having abdominal pains so back to the hospital she went. He took her in for surgery. He didnt know for what but he called it "exploratory surgery." Hours later and no updates he finally comes out and says he had to do permanent colostomy due to her intestine being harmed during radiation. However he never said anything about her cervical condition and 2 months later he gave up on her! On 01/11/06 @ 11am he pretty much said, "I dont know how long you have could be a few weeks or months I just don't know." It's like his words sucked the will to live out of her! 24 hours later, the weather was beautiful for january, I went home for lunch to find her sitting outside and my grandmother in the kitchen. I sat outside with her, and she said, "Ay mija, nunca voy a ver esto limpio."(Oh daughter, I will never see this all clean.) With my heart in my throat I whispered "Oh mom, sure you will." It's like she sensed it. She passed away later on that day about 6pm. Now 4 years later I still ask myself Why would Dr.LoCoco say that? He was so cold, so robotic, so unhuman! The last thing we all have left to lose is hope and faith. As long as there is hope and faith there's a chance! Dr.LoCoco killed her hope and faith! I lost the only person I had in the world @ my young age of 20 and now my two beautiful kids will never have the opportunity to meet there grandmother. She would have been 52 today 02/08/2010.

by Johnna Timmes on Jan 28th, 2010

Dr Lococo just moved his practice from Texas to Peoria,IL. I wish he'd go back. While his technical skills are fine, his coordination of care and his respect for others leaves a lot to be desired. I found him a bully, bad tempered when he doesn't get his way, and overall just a really unpleasant human being (is he human?) Guess what, Dr. As far as I'm concerned you definitely DON'T play in Peoria.

by sabiduria on Oct 24th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr Lo Coco is my moms doc. well you know what ingenua said, shes my mom too. its not fair. why did it have to be my mom that couldnt be helped. that got the cancer in the first place. i dont know what to do. but my mom does love doc lococo. he's a good person, doc, and an angel to my mom.

by ingenua...or something like it on Oct 23rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Lo Coco is my mom's doctor. She has rectal carcenoma...its metastic...she's been receiving treatment for 2 years and he's giving up on her. He said we're going to have to look for a hospice or look into getting her "comfortable". He even gave us a timeline...three months is all we get...maybe more, just depends. Yeah, this is heartbreaking...it burned me where i stood when i heard it. Dont get me wrong though...my mom loves doctor Lo Coco...he's a great doctor...just cant help everbody i guess.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy show details Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Aug 21st, 2008

I was away from work only one week after this procedure. Conventional Hysterectomies will keep you away from work for six weeks. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO COVENTIONAL HYSTERECTOMY. I would highly recommend Dr. Lococo - he's worth the wait.

Jun 9th, 2008 on yahoo.com

My 86-year-old mother is nearly 5 years cancer free after Dr. LoCoco treated her for ovarian cancer.

Oct 8th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Lo Coco is a wonderful doctor. He gives you plenty of time tell him what has been bothering you and tries to find ways to help you resolve your problem. He's a Five Star Doc all the way. =)

Jun 13th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Great Doctor, Easy to Talk Too: This man saved my daughter's life. She had ovarian cancer and he treated her aggressively and she's still here two years later. He's the best!