Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Choose anybody but this Doctor  |  show details
by Anonymous on Sep 1st, 2014

The initial reason I went to him was because my old Doctor retired, and this Doctor was the ONLY Doctor accepting new patients remotely near me. I went through four appointments, and waited 4 hours past my scheduled appointment time each time. When I inquired what was happening, first from his staff, who told me "He schedules his patients for after his daily office rounds, which end at 3:00pm." Why were my appointments scheduled at 2:30pm, as I learned 4 other patients also had been that evening? The waiting room was so full, there were patients out in the hall. All the patients started talking about it amongst themselves, and couldn't figure out why a psychiatrist, of all medical professionals, would operate this way. The clincher was when I witnessed a woman, about my age, who brought her Mother there (the Mother was clearly confused and helpless, and felt she was being a burden to her family) as the hours ticked on, I even saw the Mother shed a tear. It broke my heart. Is this a way to treat those who are having (sometimes major) troubles - to make them feel even more worthless and burdensome? Is it humane to treat anyone this way? That evening, I spoke to him about the issue, and he explained that his office ran on a "first come, first serve" basis, not on actual appointment times. Patients with more experience with this Doctor new this, and came as late as 9:00pm for their appointments scheduled at 6. The new patients were left to figure that out for themselves. When I asked why he scheduled several people before he was even in the office, or several patients for the same time slot, or why he bothered with making appointments at all, he explained that each night there were always 50% cancelations. I suggested to him that maybe they cancelled because they couldn't stand the thought of waiting four hours to see him, and he got nasty and defensive. I further explained that most people would not cancel if they were seen on time, but knowing that an appointment with him would take up half of their entire day was just too much for a 15 minute consult. Many patients paid sitters, many patients knew that just the frustration of sitting in the office that long would frustrate them to near madness. I wondered if he was carrying out his own Milgram/Skinneresk study in his waiting room. One would think a psychiatrist, of all the Medical Specialists, would be more aware of their behavior and it's effect on his clients. It was pure torture. The torture was two-fold because the patients know that he is the only psychiatrist in the area excepting new patients, and they were stuck. I stopped seeing him after that night, but I've heard reports that nothing has changed. RUN!

|  show details
by Richard R. on Jul 11th, 2010

Dr. Aijluni was very instrumental in getting a proper diagnosis for my wife. He realized her problem went well beyond psychiatry and recommended a second opinion from a neurologist. Diagnosis was Huntington's Disease. It is always pleasing to find a doctor who knows his limitations. We had chased our tail for perhaps 10 years and found this doctor when we were forced to change medical insurance after losing our GM insurance. Also a very personable and reasonable man. Main reason for long waits is possibly that he never shortchanges the patient he is consulting because of time. I would gladly recommend him to anyone; and have done so.

|  Don't Call Me After 5 p.m.  |  show details
by I M Sheryl on Jun 5th, 2010

I generally have had a very good experience with this doctor. Other than consistently long waiting times during visits and the distance from my home(near the hospital where I first saw the doctor), my experiences were on the whole positive. Dr. Ajluni is approachable yet professional. That is why the experience I had with him on the phone June 4, 2010 was so upsetting. My diagnosis is Bipolar II and it is very important that I sleep otherwise my condition can be exacerbated. I was going through an extremely stressful time(MOHS surgery for skin cancer on June 3). I was having difficultly resting and sleeping & felt "wired & tired". At the suggestion of the nurseline my insurance offers, I called Dr. Ajluni's answering service, to see if he would approve increasing one of my medicines as he had in the past. He returned my call and told my it was 7:30 on a Friday night,when I reminded him he was a doctor he said "doctors have lives too", further he said,"he was going to teach me a lesson on boundaries"(not a problem I usually have). He did answer my question about temporarily increasing my seroquel. When I got off the phone, I was shocked at what had happened and was extremely upset & crying. I think I have been seeing Dr. Ajluni since 2005, but I am now looking for a new doctor now! The qualities I am looking for are:professionalism, proximity to my home & appointments that are kept in a timely manner.