Psychiatrists

1 William Carls Dr
Suite 250
Commerce Township, MI 48382
248-937-4215
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  show details
by Richard R. on Jul 11th, 2010

Dr. Aijluni was very instrumental in getting a proper diagnosis for my wife. He realized her problem went well beyond psychiatry and recommended a second opinion from a neurologist. Diagnosis was Huntington's Disease. It is always pleasing to find a doctor who knows his limitations. We had chased our tail for perhaps 10 years and found this doctor when we were forced to change medical insurance after losing our GM insurance. Also a very personable and reasonable man. Main reason for long waits is possibly that he never shortchanges the patient he is consulting because of time. I would gladly recommend him to anyone; and have done so.

|  Don't Call Me After 5 p.m.  |  show details
by I M Sheryl on Jun 5th, 2010

I generally have had a very good experience with this doctor. Other than consistently long waiting times during visits and the distance from my home(near the hospital where I first saw the doctor), my experiences were on the whole positive. Dr. Ajluni is approachable yet professional. That is why the experience I had with him on the phone June 4, 2010 was so upsetting. My diagnosis is Bipolar II and it is very important that I sleep otherwise my condition can be exacerbated. I was going through an extremely stressful time(MOHS surgery for skin cancer on June 3). I was having difficultly resting and sleeping & felt "wired & tired". At the suggestion of the nurseline my insurance offers, I called Dr. Ajluni's answering service, to see if he would approve increasing one of my medicines as he had in the past. He returned my call and told my it was 7:30 on a Friday night,when I reminded him he was a doctor he said "doctors have lives too", further he said,"he was going to teach me a lesson on boundaries"(not a problem I usually have). He did answer my question about temporarily increasing my seroquel. When I got off the phone, I was shocked at what had happened and was extremely upset & crying. I think I have been seeing Dr. Ajluni since 2005, but I am now looking for a new doctor now! The qualities I am looking for are:professionalism, proximity to my home & appointments that are kept in a timely manner.