Family Physicians, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), General Practitioner
Midwest Family Medicine
12640 E 12 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48093
586-751-2020
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

• Currently 2.4262295081967 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.6349206349206 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Scammer & Fake  |  show details
by Ashlee on Feb 1st, 2013

I saw Awada for several months. Everytime I saw him, he always would change what he originally told me was wrong with me. He had me on medication that I never should of been taking. The wait time was horriable, 3-5 hours just to see this guy. I went the for a broken foot, he would not even take the time to look at my foot, just the xrays, which he read wrong. I ended up having to have my foot re-broken to set it correctly. This guy is a scam. Charged me $500 for the visit when I had insurance THAT COVERED EVERYTHING!!!!!!

|  About Time!! 20 months in need of treatment  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I would like to thank Dr Awada his staff and most of all Dr Shapiro for giving me the treatment time and diagnosis that I have been trying so hard to accomplish with other doctors my situation is 3 surgeries with-in 12 months that have helped somewhat (by other doctors) but then hung out to suffer with a neck back and knee surgery still up and coming I was referred to Dr Awada after a family member became aware of the lack of treatment I was getting and ever since my visits with Dr Shapiro I have been able to move around somewhat enjoy my three yr old and get some well deserved sleep at night without being woke up with knee's locking up or Neck/spine/back pain putting me into tears It is a great feeling when you find a doctor that is not just there for the office visit payment and look at you as a dollar sign instead of a person in need of treatment and surgeries My child my wife and I all thank you from the bottom of our hearts for you complete attention and treatment of all my injuries and health issues we just wish there were more doctors like you out there for people in real need of treatment... Thank You JEK Ps for those of you who are sick of your doctor walking into the room after your 30-40 min wait (not to mention waiting rm time) and have the doctor spend the least amount of time (5-10 mins)with you as possible and have signs up that read if you have more than one issue please schedule an appointment for each of them well that is just outright unprofessional not to mention time and money consuming. Trust me I have been in offices and it is not OK So if this is happening to you its time you make the change to Dr Awada and Dr Shapiro who will spend as much time as needed for your individual health problems (can you tell I finally feel like things are getting better and very grateful of the service I have received every visit) What a God sent thanks again

|  A Real Piece of Work  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

This Is a Person with a Doctors licence in a holween costume'' A real HOT DOG"" Out to get a buck''

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

Came highly recommended from friend. Very empathic and compassionate physician. Excellent bedside manner. Answered my questions and explained what I needed to do for my condition. I have since stopped smoking as a result of his kind advice. Jim Sellars

|  RUN THE OTHER WAY=GO ELSE WHERE  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

MISDIAGNOSIS'SHOURS OF WAITING SOMETIMES 3 HRSDOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU, JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY!SHUFFLES IN THE MOST PATIENTS HE CAN THEN OUT YOU GO!WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Aug 17th, 2012

I only wish they will treat a long time customer with a little more understanding when they are not able to pay on the date of service that if there is nothing owed that they will grant them services. But I guess its a insurance type of problem. He is a wonderful Dr. the experience makes you feel like family when dealing with the Dr.

|  Thank you Doctor Awada  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2012

Doctor Awada's office was a great experience. He has an excellent bedside manner. Staff was nice. Wait was expected for a busy doctor but well worth it. I've been to a few doctor offices but this was my best experience. I'll keep dr. Awada for good.

|  Best In Warren  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2012

This doctor found out what was wrong with me, I had a cough which lasted for months and months. Three other doctors gave me antibiotics over and over but Dr. Awada sat with me, listened and checked my lungs which nobody did as carefully and extensively as Dr. Awada did than he ordered a cat scan and diagnosed me with Hodgkins Lymphoma. I know why he has 30 awards on his office walls. Its because he earned them! Yes, his waits are long but many people there are like me having been to 3 or 4 other doctors without any answers.In the end, I will wait for the best no matter how long it takes and so should you!

May 18th, 2012

if yo dont want to wait 4 hours go to another doctor. has no caring.

May 2nd, 2012

I am very satisfied with Dr. Awada, and the least that I can do is share my experience as one of his patients. Dr. Awada is an exceptional physician that simply can not be compared to another. He strives for perfection in every way possible. Im extremely pleased with the quality care and attention received by him. Not only did he answer all of my questions and explained my condition, but he continued to follow-up with my treatment every step of the way. Dr. Awadas utmost concern is patient care. His care for patients begins the minute they step into his office and continues to the comfort of their own homes!! I was NEVER turned down for an appointment; he's always just a phone call away. Even though, the wait time was over 30 minutes, its well WORTH the wait. Dr. Awada is extremely insightful, truthful and respectful during my office visits. The office Staff is very professional and well versed with office procedures. The negative comments posted do not reflect Dr. Awadas character and do him no justice. I recommend every patient thats seeking an honest, dependable, expert physician to pay Dr. Sam Awada a visit and you will see for yourself.

May 1st, 2012

Dr. Awada is an amazing doctor. I have been coming to see him for many years and so has my entire family. He is very kind and has great bedside manner. He is intelligent and takes his job seriously. I have always left his office feeling much better. He makes you laugh and you forget about all the problems you might be facing. He truly is a great person. Very smart and handsome as well ! Go see Dr. Awada i promise you wont regret it.

Apr 17th, 2012

my wife and i both see dr. awada. dr. awada in our book is an awesome, and caring dr. we feel comfortable with dr. awada. dr. awada is very thorough. would not wish to change to another dr. we thank dr. awada for the care he takes to help us stay or be healthier. very comfortable. only complaint would be the waiting in the lobby time.

|  Richard  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2012

Dr. Awada, is a CROOK. His waiting room is filled to the brim with patients waiting for for up to 4 hours for prescriptions for pain meds. I was looking online to see if he is (was)under investigation for prescription fraud. He runs all kinds of unneeded tests in order to bill your insurance. Once you get into a exam room its another 45-50 minutes so he can spend 5-10 minutes with you. If your looking for a doctor who will write you a prescription for narcotics hes your man, if your looking for a doctor RUN.

|  Terrific care  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Office is very professional as is Dr. Awada. Sharp clinical accumen. Staff very nice. Wait time a bit long but well worth it! Awesome experience. Will keep as my personal doctor.

|  Nice guy, shady doctor  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Sam Awada has decent bedside manner. He'll chat you up, try to relate with you on some level, all that good stuff. As for his practices, I'm convinced he's a scumbag. Overbooks his patients, orders tests that aren't necessary, tries to bill your insurance provider for services he didn't provide, etc. I'll put it this way: if you want to sit in a cramped waiting room for nearly two hours for a five minute appointment where the doctor tells you what you want to hear, orders some irrelevant tests, and writes you a prescription you don't need, Sam Awada is the guy for you.

|  Very satisfied  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2012

First time visit went great. Staff and doctor are very nice. Smooth flow. No issues. Rate doctor and his staff overall an A .

|  Another bullshitter  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

Just another insurance scammer'''

|  Great Care and Great Doctor  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

Busy office, wait was long but well worth it. I was very uncomfortable with my former doctor but when I met Dr. Awada he was very confident and made me feel extremely secure about my health which was very important to me. Staff gave me a referral on the spot! My other doctor had me call back a week later to get a referral, I highly recommend this medical office.

|  Find another Dr.  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

The office staff doesn't know what they are doing! I have personally witnessed the staff not being able to find patient records and there is always new staff in the office. The waiting period to see Dr. Awada is horrible. It seems like he over books patient appointments.

|  the best doctor  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

Great office, best doctor in town. He is very busy but well worth the wait. Excellent bedside manner with my children. Quick appointment same day allowed me to be seen same day for flu. Great access to care. Julie Ferrara.

|  Good Dr. Good Service  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2011

Very caring and compassionate dr. Always professional and caring. Takes the the time out to answer my questions. I appreciate the staff as well. He is by far the best primary Dr. I have ever had. Mary Spencer.

|  THE BEST DR, IN THE BUSINESS  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

First i would like to say to those who are posting negative things about Dr, Awada need to stop. He has always treated me with respect and he is a very good dr, who is right on the money with his diagnoses. My whole family is patients of dr. awada and have been for the last 5 years. The staff is always courteous and polite. We thank you for being an excellent family dr,

|  great doctor and staff  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

Highly recommend! Office wait was long but Dr. Awada and staff were well worth the wait. Spent alot of time with me, answered all of my questions and was very empathic towards my condition (I have crohns disease). Dr. Awada gave me literature to read and directed me to website information and established great follow up for me. Staff was wonderful as well, they were extremely helpful in establishing all of my follow up appointments and obtained authorizations for my GI specialist. Great experience-would highly recommend. Mary Beth Lisak

|  Gina  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

It is disturbing to see the negative postings and comments listed below and written about Dr. Awada. The negative postings are most certainly suspicious of a terminated staff member and not of that of one of his patients. The statements do not describe Dr. Awada's character nor his disposition towards patients. These postings are very misleading and obviously intended to harm Dr. Awada's character. Dr. Awada holds the highest standard of care in every respect for all of his patients. As a patient of his I can certainly say that he is undoubtedly the best physician I have ever had! Cheryl GiaChina

Jul 6th, 2011

Dr Awada seems so charming and caring at first but don't you dare question him or disagree with him. He thinks he knows everything. He orders tests just to make himself more money. Every time you go in his office there is a new person working there. He yells at his staff in front of patients and won't see you if you can't pay him first. Some people think if they are getting alot of tests that means the doc is taking good care of them, but he just does it to make more money and keep you coming back.I would rate him lower except zero was not an option. But his staff is nice.

|  oh my  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

Dr. Awada is NOT chief of medicine at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, call the hospital and check for yourself. The wait is horrible, people in the waiting room talk about pills they get and how much they get selling them. He is just concerned about money if you can't pay your blance you can't be seen. see someone else

|  Beware of this crook.  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2011

This is the worst Dr. I have ever been to. He is only concern about the almighty dollar. He thinks he is God and dies not give two craps about his patients. He hands out medication (pain meds) like candy and actually got me hooked. Please please please stay far and away from this guy. And yea it is true he has the highest turn over ratio with employees. He"ll set you up with Eco test and xrays test for a minor cold and make you think that you have something worse then it actually is. This guy is a crook, a liar, a thief and should be disbarred. my new dr. Asked me who I was seeing before coming to him and when I told him it was Sam Awada he tilt his head back and laughed. Enough said. Please stay far and away from this guy. He had me taking so many different pills. I had an MRI that I pushed and pushed for. Even when the results showed that I had damage he still said that it wasn't true. He also works with many other dr. That he'll send you to and they both spilt the profit and laugh all the way to the bank. I could go on and on but I'll end it for now. Please be careful.

|  I was wrong about dr.Awada!  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

I was dr.Awadas patient 2 years ago and I stopped seeing him because I felt that he was finding 2 many things wrong with me I was only 32.So I did;nt know what to make of all of it so I saw a new dr.and this guy does;nt care as much about his patients as dr Awada did it took me a while to figure that out.when I really sat and thought about it I thought of the good things he did do alot more good than bad,I wish I could take my post of here but I can't so I am reposting a new one one more positive.I am going back to see him again monday:)

Jun 1st, 2011

dr awada does come across like a good doctor that you can trust.BUT THIS IS JUST NOT TRUE iv seen him over a year now bebause i was very sick wanted to do it all him self . never tells you to see a doctor that can handle your sickness instead he tells you to go home you will be fine you are over reacting . three months later i seen a new doctor lets just say it was a serious problem. dr awada does not have the time to spend with you also who knows if he cares

|  Best Doctor I Have Seen  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2011

I was able to see dr awada the same day when I called and made an appointment. Time of wait was 25minutes not bad. Staff was superb. He diagnosed my problem just by examining me immediately he knew what was wrong. I've been to alot of doctors who never even examined me but told me i have arthritis but dr awada diagnosed my fibromyalgia just by examing me. He saved my life from all the years I'v been suffering. A ! I highly recommend him to all my family and friends.

|  Money Hungry  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

Never Ever go see this idiot

|  Excellent Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

First visit with Dr. Awada was the best I've had. He answered all of my questions regarding my Rheumatoid Arthritis and treatment. He was very clear and specific with my treatment plan. He is extremely knowledgeable and I felt very confident knowing he was credible in his assessment of my medical condition, which was very reassuring to me. His staff is warm and friendly (also the best staff & most knowledgeable) compared to other offices I've been to-thank you Dr. Awada & staff.

|  great dr.  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I was dx'ed with very rare brain condition and was referred to him by a dr who I think/know is the greatest neuro-opt, he and his staff understand my condition and he has a great bed side manner. I live atleast 20-30 miles away from his office with my rare brain condition and having to go out of state due to two nuerosurgerion thinking they knew what they were doing messed me up bad to where my brains ended up in my neck, He understod that I have major problem I can tell if it rain ANYWHERE in the usa, canada and mexico. 2nd visit I think (short term memory loss) he is GREAT!!

|  I do not recommend this doctor  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

My family is not happy with the way this doctor has treated our wife/mother/grandmother. He is 1st concerned with the almighty dollar. He thinks that he is a specialist in all areas, when he should really just stick to family medicine and continue his studies. If he (or ANY doctor) tells you that you can "stop seeing your specialist because I can do that here," do not listen to him. Unfortunately our family trusted him and she stopped seeing her blood specialist and neurologist. Could things have been different if she had stayed with them? Perhaps - but we will never know. Regardless, ANY doctor who recommends to stop seeing your specialist is money hungry and trying to get more business himself. There are other docters in the St. John network who refuse to work with this doctor. St. John is a good hospital, find a differnt doctor besides Awada.

|  To the person who rated him AWFUL, SCAMMER, IGNORANT, LIAR, OVERTESTER, ABUSER  |  show details
by maa on Sep 11th, 2010

For your info. Dr. Awada was born in Warren, MI and went to Wayne State University and received his medical degree from there and not from a foreign country, you are obviously a racist person. Also, for your info he is the chief of family medicine at Henry Ford Hospital Warren, MI campus.

by Mrs schultz on Aug 21st, 2010

Dr Awada is amazing I recommend him to anyone because he is very knowledgeable in his field and can diagnose the problem right away. My mother is 72 years of age and she loves to come and see Dr Awada because of his friendly and caring environment not only because of that also he keeps her up to date on all her shots and medication and treats her as if she was his own mother.

|  Compassionate and Caring  |  show details
by Janine Ratliff-Williams on Aug 4th, 2010

I'm a new patient of Dr. Awada's (co-worker) referred me. Office staff very personable and friendly. Office clean and very up to date. I felt Dr. Awada to be very caring and compassionate at the bedside. He is extremely knowledgeable and has an awesome personality-very approachable. I say pay him a visit and see for yourself.

|  The best doctor  |  show details
by Steve on Jul 20th, 2010

i have been Dr.Awada's patient for several years and he has done an outstanding job. he is very knowledgable and experienced and up to date with all his medical requirements. he has a great bedside matter and treats any problem as if its personally his. i highly recommend him.

|  AWFUL, SCAMMER, IGNORANT, LIAR, OVERTESTER, ABUSER  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2010

I dont know who wrote any of these good reviews, but it seems very suspicious. No one in there right mind would ever go see this man. He scams insurance companies, he over tests his patients, and he is just not a good doctor. Maybe it has something to do with the fact the Dr. Awada went to medical school in a foreign country. An inside source has told me that all of his employees dislike him and he has the highest employee turnover rate of any company you will ever see. He also is no longer the Chief of Family Medicine at St. Johns, HE WAS FORCED OUT by everyone over there. You make the decision for yourself.

|  Princess  |  show details
by Melissa Miley on May 5th, 2010

Caring physician, great bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Wait times are somewhat long but well worth every second. He actually listens and cares about my specific needs as a patient. Thank you for all yu've done Dr. Awada

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Stovacki Family on May 3rd, 2010

Dr. Awada is right on target with my diagnosis. Seven doctors missed my diagnosis, yes SEVEN! Dr. Awada nailed it first attempt. Lady soap/soavve get a life.Dr. Awada I will keep coming to you forever. You saved my life and my children also love coming to you.Stovacki Family

by Renee Soave on Apr 23rd, 2010

The first time I saw Dr.Awada he told me i had a abnormal ecg and sent me home with four different prescriptions and did not expain anything to me.I am only 33 years old and he mad it seem like I was going to have a heart attack at any moment.he caused me alot of fear and anxiety he does not have time for all the patients he has he also said i had an ulcer by just pressing on my stomach. I dont think he is a good doctor he just hands out alot of medications.And by the way i did not have a heart attack or ulcer just alot of waisted time and money .

|  The best Doctor in Michigan  |  show details
by Mohamad A. A. on Aug 3rd, 2009

I would recommend him to everybody, I have been treating with him for about 4 years now. I was in a very bad MVA and I had a brain injury. He has been treating me for a closed head injury. I love him.M.A.A

Mar 4th, 2009

I am 68 years old always tired and was always fatigued. My former doctor told me its stress and low iron. I went to Dr. Awada and he diagnosed me with multiple myeloma a rare disorder. I owe him my life as I am in remission. Caring doctor and staff. Highly recommend! For the cheap 10.00 co-pay whiner below, I say get a life!

Jan 28th, 2009

The staff is fine. The Doctor is unscrupulous. My 9 year old Son has type 1 diabetes. We are doing something called a "diabetes Trialnet Study", where his siblings and parents are tested for the diabetes antibodies. We had to take my 22 year old Son in to get some blood drawn and sent to the University of Minnesota because he tested positive for some of the antibodies. Diabetes Trialnet was supposed to pay for everything. Dr. Awada is trying to charge us the $10.00 copay our insurance charges. Again, Diabetes Trialnet is paying for EVERYTHING. We would not be doing this study if we had to pay anything. We really get nothing out of it except the satisfaction of knowing that we may be helping someone else down the road to not get diabetes. This Doctor is still trying to charge me. I highly recommend that you don't go to this Doctor.

|  Very compassionate caring towards my mother. Excellent Geriatrician that truly cares for his patients.  |  show details
by Marsha Clieves on Oct 9th, 2008

Very compassionate and caring towards my mother. Saved her from a massive heart attack. Excellent Family Doctor and Geriatrician that truly cares for his patients.

|  Best Care!  |  show details
by Mr. and Mrs. Pendelton on Jul 1st, 2008

Great Care, staff is very compassionate very personable. office is friendly and very busy. slight office wait but well worth a lifetime! we love u dr. awada.

May 9th, 2008

EXCELLENT dOCTOR..VERY KNOWLEDGABLE wOULD AND HAVE RECOMMENDED HIM TO EVERYONE.