Dr. Sam Lubner MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Madison, WI

2.8

April 14th, 2015
Acedemic, not really interested in hands on medicine
Dr. Lubner presents with a smile and is upbeat. I don't feel he's truly interested with the hands on aspect of cancer care. He told me that following patients for cancer recurrence is a waste of time for both doctors and patients. I wonder if his patients feel that way? I doubt it. Likes to talk, but very little exam was done. I found documentation in my medical record of multiple exams done, yet they weren't. I feel he is an academic. He has many scholarly abstracts all over the internet, but lacks the basics a good cancer doctor should have.

July 10th, 2014
Patient
Just the best you can get.Is so compassionate caring honest and most importantly caring.i really don't think i could have done this without him.He is one of the best in his field.

July 30th, 2009
Great with patients
Dr. Lubner was the lucky guy who got to tell my father, with my sister and I present, that he had advanced lung cancer - this ten minutes after meeting him. Dr. Lubner however made this incredibly difficult situation more comfortable with his easy going yet very professional manner. He had exactly the right mix of compassion, humor and directness. I can't imagine having to give that kind of news day in and day out without becoming numb to it but he did so in a way that made us feel that he genuinely cared and appreciated the very human aspect of this situation. He took time to answer all our questions, never made us feel dumb or that he had anyplace he'd rather be than right there with us in the room. If you have the misfortune to face a diagnosis of cancer, I only hope that you have a doctor as good as Dr. Lubner.