Dr. Sam Naficy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 18 reviews

January 11th, 2017
I lived with the consequence of an overresected cartilege from a nose job I had when I was young for 15 years and finally decided to spend the time and money and energy on a revision. He was supposed to fix just this problem by rotating down the tip of my nose and not change anything else about my nose - because I had gotten used to it and I didn't want to change my look - but I have ended up with basically the similar nose except it is also extremely turned up and just unnatural looking, in a way that screams I had a nose job. I was told it would change as it heals, but it's been six months and it's still nothing at all like the much more natural looking simulation. He seemed to have a good reputation but I think a lot of it is self-generated PR and from his army of injection staff, who might be very good. I don't know if he was once good and caring but has become jaded and out for money only, or whether he's always been like that, but I would not recommend him. Since it hasn't been a full year, I am in the process of consulting with other surgeons about the possibility of another revision. It's so depressing. I regret the revision rhinoplasty even more than the botched primary rhinoplasty, and that's saying something - the original doctor I felt was caring, responsive, and was willing to do a revision for a minimal fee (anesthesiologist) which I thought was decent of him, but I think he was simply not very good and/or this was a common (and maybe easy?) rhinoplasty mistake in those days. I might have have gone with him if he didn't live on the other side of the country and I had a flexible life. So I chose someone who I thought would do at least a decent job - I am far from a perfectionist, I just wanted a normal, undeformed nose! - but nope. The whole process is so emotionally draining and time consuming and depressing.

January 11th, 2017
Dr. Naficy is amazing for Rhinoplasty!
My experience was everything above exceptional from the front desk staff to Dr. Naficy himself. I just received an awesome box of treats as well from your office and that was beyond sweet (thank you all for that!). Thank you all again for making a very important decision an easy and pleasant one:)))

November 8th, 2016
Facelift
Be careful selecting your plastic surgeon, I made a mistake by selecting Dr. Naficy for a face lift. During my consultation he recommended I do fat transfer/injections in the chin area and all around my face, I agreed because I trusted his advice. He said he was going to do a great job and make me look 10 years younger. The results of the face lift is poor, with the fat transfer/injections it's made my face look fat, round and no definition. I do not look any younger. High price doctor but not high price results.

October 7th, 2016
I had a revision rhinoplasty with Dr Naficy for a pollybeak deformity. My pollybeak was improved but he caused a host of issues. My nose is very asymmetric and crooked. The dorsal graft he placed on my bridge is off to the left and is visible. I have visible grafts in my tip as well. My tip is over-rotated which doesn't look good on me as I am a 6 foot tall male. I have consulted with two doctors, Dr Frankel and Dr Lamperti and they both have agreed that improvements could be made. Dr Naficy told me I'd be devastated if I had another revision, He didn't have the decency to tell me he didn't have the skill to perform my revision surgery nor fix his mistakes.

September 15th, 2016
High prices and terrible results

August 4th, 2016
Sam Naficy made changes to my face with ZERO discussion and therefore ZERO consent. He destroyed my once natural appearance and I have suffered ever since.

May 27th, 2016
UGLY NOSE
I do NOT recommend Dr Naficy for rhinoplasty. I hate the result, it's upturned like a PIG. We did imaging and it doesn't look ANYTHING like that. I uploaded a photo to yelp. It was embarrassing speaking to family and friends who cringed and said "How much did you spend for THAT..?" 12k... That's how much. So embarrassed. I uploaded a photo to yelp. I pretty much agree with the last review. Beware the fake reviews on realself as well, there's heaps of them.

February 5th, 2016
Be careful...
I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Naficy about a month ago. Though it's still early in the recovery, the nose I have now is quite drastically different from the natural subtle change that we agreed on and from the simulation. I do not think it's a matter of swelling, as he and his staff says, but a completely different nose and a "done" look that doesn't fit my face. At best I think i am going to have the perfect fake trendy barbie like nose and nothing like my old nose or the style I wanted, which I was told was a realistic hope and would be the result. At worst it's going to look like a a very surgically enhanced nose that is out of balance with my face and I will need a revision. Extremely unhappy. I thought he had a good reputation, but am now convinced a lot of the reviews (maybe less so on this site) is fake and he and his staff do a LOT of PR. I feel he is medically competent, but is one of those ps who are businessmen. I have been doing a lot of research as I get over my shock and my sense is that he gives you the nose he likes, which is a very "done" look. I had a decently good impression of him for my initial consultation and read good reviews on a popular plastic surgery website, but wish I had followed the doubts I started to feel at the end of my brief second consultation, which felt more rushed than I expected. I think it's because I agreed to go ahead with the surgery and my sense is that he hurried through the operation too. If you are considering him, or any other surgeon, please learn from my naive mistake and do the following things that may help you. 1. Pay attention to the overall aesthetics of his clinic (the injections clinicians and the nurse and the staff are all very wonderful people and polite and accommodating though - that and feeling in safe hands with him, medically speaking, are the pluses - but what I mean is the aesthetics of the place). 2. Read reviews on multiple sites and see if any of the glowing reviews sound like commercials and lacking specific details that makes for a realistic review. In retrospect, I am sure many of those positive reviews are written by his staff who also praise him to you every chance they get. In retrospect I see that they were trying too hard, which should have warned me off. 3. Also, take more time during the consultation and see if you feel he really listens and cares or has a cookie cutter approach. Because of what I perceived as his great reputation and good reviews on one site, and because I live nearby in Kirkland, I decided on him. I guess I also thought his outlandish high price would guarantee at least reasonable results, but I think you will get mediocre to competent only, certainly nothing that justifies the high prices. I wouldn't have minded paying top dollar for excellent results or even a satisfactory one - I was not looking for a "perfect" nose at all, but the aging process highlights obvious flaws and that's what I was trying to fix - but now with the possibility of needing a revision down the line, I am feeling very foolish that I interpreted his high prices and good PR to mean he's actually very good. 4. Please consult at least more than two other surgeons, as I did. I liked the other two I consulted much better as people and learned far more from them about the process, and they were more reasonably priced too, but I went with Naficy who was not only a rhinoplasty specialist - which I heard is the only type of surgeon you should chose for a nose job - but supposedly a doctor with a sterling reputation in the area and at a good age to have enough experience. The other two I consulted were much younger and much older. I regret not consulting with at least one or two more.

March 23rd, 2015
botox
I had Botox here ,It was the worse experience I ever had .i did not worth money.it did not last .

November 13th, 2014
The worst
Do not waste your time or money....charges considerably more than any other doctor performing the same procedure (handed me an estimate for $8000 more than other doctors were charging for the same, exact procedure), his office is disorganized with his little office helpers running all over the place trying to match patients with paperwork. Ughh. No thank you. Found a better doctor, underwent the procedure and have wonderful results.

January 17th, 2014
Rhinoplasty Revision
This Doctor charges way to much for Rhinoplasty revision. No disrespect to him but I have found excellent ,less expensive Doctors in the L.A. area. With my airfare, hotel, spending money and the actual operation ,I still saved money!

November 7th, 2013
Outraged!
Outrageous price for Rhinoplasty and $75 dollars wasted on finding out! Very disappointed. Staff member relaying this info was extremely touchy feely.....not professional. Just know that this is one of the most expensive doctors out there and I know the old adage, You get what you pay for.....but seriously every time???? I don't think so. Some doctors are reasonable and some have large egos.