Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist
112 La Casa Via
Ste 320
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
925-939-5599
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  I amd a challenging patient.  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

My GI problems began 75 years ago! I had surgery at eight months of age for intersusception and have what is known as "a tortuous" colon. The procedure was dubbed by a previous doctor as his "stress test!" In addition, my family has a significant history of colon cancer. I have cardiac issues as well as significant allergies to medications including some types of anesthesia. My last colonoscopy, in Connecticut, resulted in aspiration pneumonia. Needless to say,all this makes me somewhat of a problem patient. Dr. Zamani has been incredibly kind and professional. He has sheparded me in my reluctance regarding a necessary and current procedure. I am most pleased to share with you that a recent colonoscopy performed at John Muir was successful! This is a testimony to his competence! Further, I find Dr. Zamani to be patient and caring. He does not hesitate to take the time to explain options,as well as results, thoroughly with sensitivity to the patients feelings and specific issues. He is a credit to the profession!

May 21st, 2012

I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy recently and was so impressed with the professional and compasionate care I received from Dr. Zamani and his staff.I was having a problem with the "prep" and called his office and his staff was so supportive. The procedure itself went like clockwork. The procedure was explained and I did not experience any discomfort. On my followup visit Dr.Zamani gave me plenty of time,information and care. I highly reccomend Dr.Zambani!

|  Colonoscopy  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Dr Zamani and his staff were courteous. They were happy to spent time explaining how the procedure would work and were reassuring that it would not be an unpleasant experience.Dr Zamani's offices are comfortable and spacious. Everything worked efficiently.The procedure was a painless and not unpleasant experience. I could watch on a monitor but do not remember much.The recovery was gentle and again the nurses were very attentive. Dr Zamani check afterwards to ensure I had recovered fully and had had a good experience.Thank you.Richard Hemingway

|  Most Obnoxious Staff Imaginable  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I did not make an appt. with the doctor because his staff was so obnoxious and uncooperative that I don't want anything to do with them. Too bad. He seems like a very good doctor. His staff is ruining his business.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Zamani. As a 50 year old female I was uncomfortable having a colonoscopy, Dr. Zamani was excellent. It was helpful that he talked with me so that I could understand.

Dec 19th, 2010

Wow! I am so impressed by Dr.Zamani and his caring and professional attitude. I don't know how he does it, because I'm sure I talked his ears off with all my questions, but not once did I feel rushed or uncomfortable addressing my concerns and worries about a colonoscopy. He has a lot of patience, and made me feel ready to get it over with. And his office was very accommodating and flexible (given that I canceled and rescheduled more than once) and very friendly and personable. This probably isn't that important, but wow, I felt like I was walking into a fancy spa when I finally went for my appt. (The elevator in that building is so slow though!) The prep is honestly the worst part, and the procedure itself was over before I knew it had even started! Wow, so easy (at least for me, I was out the whole time!), the next time I have to do this in a decade, I won't even bother worrying. And the nurses- they treated me like an old friend! I am so impressed that someone like Dr.Zamani who actually cares about his patients still exists in times like this. Thank you!

by Kris L. on Nov 30th, 2010

At the age of 42, I had to have my very first procedure and experience with anesthesia. I was extremely nervous about both. Dr. Zamani was very kind and professional, took plenty of time to talk to me, and had very good follow-up. He performed the endoscopic procedure and I had zero discomfort following it. The staff was extremely kind and I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the clinic, and though this might sound simple, I was also impressed with how many times the nurse washed her hands while getting me prepped for the procedure. Due to the care of Dr. Zamani and his staff, my first ever procedure was a very positive experience.

|  Overall Bad Experience  |  show details
by skidawg on Nov 22nd, 2010

I was referred to this Doctor by my primary care provider, and he was terrible. He's was very rushed, and my procedure didn't go at all as he had described. I will never go back.

|  Rushed and Condescending  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2010

I went in for a consultation and was really turned off. I waited a long time, and when I finally did get to see Dr. Zamani he was very condescending about answering my questions. I wasn't thrilled about the prospect of a colonoscopy, and maybe I had too many questions? He made me feel like an idiot, and since I didn't jump at "now go schedule an appointment" he seemed annoyed. I felt pressured, and uncomfortable. Maybe it's a routine procedure, but it seems like he's more interested in getting you scheduled and moving on.

|  An excellent experience.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

I just went through my first colonoscopy screening (I procrastinated since I'm 57 years old). I must say that the whole experience working with Dr. Zamani and his staff (specifically Pam and Karen) was a positive one. No one wants to have this type of screening, but Dr. Zamani made me feel extremely comfortable every step of the way. Here are some things that I was impressed with:1) Dr. Zamani's bedside manner --- he took the time to explain everything, and made sure he answered all of my questions. Everything that he said would happen, happened --- all went very smoothly.2) As they explained ahead of time, the procedure itself is a piece of cake. It's the prep work that's not pleasant. But, they were very clear about it. Everything transpired according to plan.3) The staff --- what can I say?! I was very impressed with their professionalism and their true concern for the patient. And, no, I'm not related to anyone in this office. I'm just a guy that finally had his first colonoscopy, and it wasn't as bad as I feared.I would highly recommend this doctor.

by Maurice Stoney on Aug 14th, 2010

I've been under Dr. Zamani's care over the past six years and have developed a high regard for his competence, courtesy and candor. Even for a hospital system with a high quality standard (John Muir), he is an outstanding specialist.

Aug 3rd, 2010

I had an upper endosocopy performed by Dr.Zamani at his beautiful professional facility and was in and out in just over an hour! Whatever they gave me to sedate worked so well that I woke up after the procedure thinking I hadn't even gone in yet! if I ever have to do this again, I am relieved to now know what it's like and I would feel most comfortable with Dr.zamani doing the procedure again, you can tell he knows what he's doing

|  excellent care  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

Im not sure if the person who wrote the really vulgar review beneath me saw the same Dr. Zamani that I did, but its horribly offensive, to even his patients. I have had a great experience in general with Dr. Zamani and have recommended him to all my friends and family in the area. He is intuitive, accurate with his diagnoses, and obviously has a passion for his specialty. He is very professional and I personally felt he actually cared about my symptoms and problems, as opposed to many other doctors I have experienced. His office staff, as well as the staff at the outpatient center where I had my colonoscopy are also very professional and attentive, and made my experience almost enjoyable! All that was missing was a mint on my bed!

|  The best doctor I have  |  show details
by Jean K on Jul 14th, 2010

I have a very chronic complex disease for several years. Many doctors have seen me and did so many surgeries on me with no definitive diagnosis. I was fortunate to find Dr. Zamani, recommended by my internist and some friends. I was rejected by so many stomach doctors due to complexity of my disease (Crohns. Dr. Zamani listened to me carefully with patience. He reviewed my records carefully. he suggested 2 possibilities. He performed a colonoscopy on me. I did not feel any discomfort during my procedure. I had similar procedure before in Berkley, San Francisco and Oakland and I had pain. But I never felt any discomfort when this was done by him. He did my procedure in a very elegant, clean, nice endoscopy place in Shadelands-Walnut Creek with wonderful kind nurses. He explained my scope findings in detail with me and my husband with compassion. He diagnosed and treated my disease so well that I do not have any more problem. I am back to life after years of misery. I can be here to write this memo because of him, his expertise, kindness and manner. He saved my life on numerous admissions in the hospital due to my problems. He was there promptly at my bedside with his caring and compassionate personality even very late at night. He stopped my large bleeding on one this times at 1 am when he showed there to take care of me. His office staff are so kind. They are so accomodative. You feel respect when you enter his office. I have recommended him to my family members and friends and neighbors. They are so happy with his care, decisions and caring personality. I am so glad to have him as my doctor.God bless his heart, expertise and manner.

|  Great office Staff - HORRIBLE Doctor  |  show details
by traumatized for life on Jun 12th, 2010

My pulmonologist said I needed a bronchoscopy and recommended/referred me to Dr. Zamani.Never in my life have I had such a horrible experience. I went to the 2nd rate "outpatient care facility", where there are no Dr's, just nurses "trained" to care for you. My IV was inserted improperly, and I never received the "twilight" meds that were supposed to make this procedure tolerable. I declared that the drugs weren't working & I was fully alert. Dr. Zamani simply said "close your eyes, go to sleep & stop fighting it". I wasn't fighting anything but complete fright. Before I could say another word a giant block was forced into my mouth & 2 nurses held me down.He barbarically forced the giant instruments down my esophagus and into my chest. I was literally screaming to no avail. I was completely bound and he continued until he was done.I sobbed uncontrollably when it was over & the nurses then realized my IV was not inserted properly & all the medication was in a giant glob under my skin on my wrist.He never even called to follow up, say he was sorry or anything. What a complete jack-ass. I can't imagine ever stepping in the same room with this monster. He didn't listen, had zero compassion & zero follow-up. I can't imagine a more brutal situation.

|  Unkind & Impatient  |  show details
by secondhandrose on Aug 10th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I had a consultation with Dr. Zumani recently. He was very cold, unkind and impatient with my questions. I left the appointment feeling humiliated and, worse, no answers or direction to take on my medical condition.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com