Dr. Sam Zamani MD Patient Reviews

• 13 reviews

July 8th, 2012
I amd a challenging patient.
My GI problems began 75 years ago! I had surgery at eight months of age for intersusception and have what is known as "a tortuous" colon. The procedure was dubbed by a previous doctor as his "stress test!" In addition, my family has a significant history of colon cancer. I have cardiac issues as well as significant allergies to medications including some types of anesthesia. My last colonoscopy, in Connecticut, resulted in aspiration pneumonia. Needless to say,all this makes me somewhat of a problem patient. Dr. Zamani has been incredibly kind and professional. He has sheparded me in my reluctance regarding a necessary and current procedure. I am most pleased to share with you that a recent colonoscopy performed at John Muir was successful! This is a testimony to his competence! Further, I find Dr. Zamani to be patient and caring. He does not hesitate to take the time to explain options,as well as results, thoroughly with sensitivity to the patients feelings and specific issues. He is a credit to the profession!

May 21st, 2012
I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy recently and was so impressed with the professional and compasionate care I received from Dr. Zamani and his staff.I was having a problem with the "prep" and called his office and his staff was so supportive. The procedure itself went like clockwork. The procedure was explained and I did not experience any discomfort. On my followup visit Dr.Zamani gave me plenty of time,information and care. I highly reccomend Dr.Zambani!

August 4th, 2011
Most Obnoxious Staff Imaginable
I did not make an appt. with the doctor because his staff was so obnoxious and uncooperative that I don't want anything to do with them. Too bad. He seems like a very good doctor. His staff is ruining his business.

February 12th, 2011
Great doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. Zamani. As a 50 year old female I was uncomfortable having a colonoscopy, Dr. Zamani was excellent. It was helpful that he talked with me so that I could understand.

December 19th, 2010
Wow! I am so impressed by Dr.Zamani and his caring and professional attitude. I don't know how he does it, because I'm sure I talked his ears off with all my questions, but not once did I feel rushed or uncomfortable addressing my concerns and worries about a colonoscopy. He has a lot of patience, and made me feel ready to get it over with. And his office was very accommodating and flexible (given that I canceled and rescheduled more than once) and very friendly and personable. This probably isn't that important, but wow, I felt like I was walking into a fancy spa when I finally went for my appt. (The elevator in that building is so slow though!) The prep is honestly the worst part, and the procedure itself was over before I knew it had even started! Wow, so easy (at least for me, I was out the whole time!), the next time I have to do this in a decade, I won't even bother worrying. And the nurses- they treated me like an old friend! I am so impressed that someone like Dr.Zamani who actually cares about his patients still exists in times like this. Thank you!

November 30th, 2010
At the age of 42, I had to have my very first procedure and experience with anesthesia. I was extremely nervous about both. Dr. Zamani was very kind and professional, took plenty of time to talk to me, and had very good follow-up. He performed the endoscopic procedure and I had zero discomfort following it. The staff was extremely kind and I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the clinic, and though this might sound simple, I was also impressed with how many times the nurse washed her hands while getting me prepped for the procedure. Due to the care of Dr. Zamani and his staff, my first ever procedure was a very positive experience.

November 22nd, 2010
Overall Bad Experience
I was referred to this Doctor by my primary care provider, and he was terrible. He's was very rushed, and my procedure didn't go at all as he had described. I will never go back.

November 4th, 2010
Rushed and Condescending
I went in for a consultation and was really turned off. I waited a long time, and when I finally did get to see Dr. Zamani he was very condescending about answering my questions. I wasn't thrilled about the prospect of a colonoscopy, and maybe I had too many questions? He made me feel like an idiot, and since I didn't jump at "now go schedule an appointment" he seemed annoyed. I felt pressured, and uncomfortable. Maybe it's a routine procedure, but it seems like he's more interested in getting you scheduled and moving on.

September 30th, 2010
An excellent experience.
I just went through my first colonoscopy screening (I procrastinated since I'm 57 years old). I must say that the whole experience working with Dr. Zamani and his staff (specifically Pam and Karen) was a positive one. No one wants to have this type of screening, but Dr. Zamani made me feel extremely comfortable every step of the way. Here are some things that I was impressed with:1) Dr. Zamani's bedside manner --- he took the time to explain everything, and made sure he answered all of my questions. Everything that he said would happen, happened --- all went very smoothly.2) As they explained ahead of time, the procedure itself is a piece of cake. It's the prep work that's not pleasant. But, they were very clear about it. Everything transpired according to plan.3) The staff --- what can I say?! I was very impressed with their professionalism and their true concern for the patient. And, no, I'm not related to anyone in this office. I'm just a guy that finally had his first colonoscopy, and it wasn't as bad as I feared.I would highly recommend this doctor.

August 14th, 2010
I've been under Dr. Zamani's care over the past six years and have developed a high regard for his competence, courtesy and candor. Even for a hospital system with a high quality standard (John Muir), he is an outstanding specialist.

August 3rd, 2010
I had an upper endosocopy performed by Dr.Zamani at his beautiful professional facility and was in and out in just over an hour! Whatever they gave me to sedate worked so well that I woke up after the procedure thinking I hadn't even gone in yet! if I ever have to do this again, I am relieved to now know what it's like and I would feel most comfortable with Dr.zamani doing the procedure again, you can tell he knows what he's doing

July 14th, 2010
excellent care
Im not sure if the person who wrote the really vulgar review beneath me saw the same Dr. Zamani that I did, but its horribly offensive, to even his patients. I have had a great experience in general with Dr. Zamani and have recommended him to all my friends and family in the area. He is intuitive, accurate with his diagnoses, and obviously has a passion for his specialty. He is very professional and I personally felt he actually cared about my symptoms and problems, as opposed to many other doctors I have experienced. His office staff, as well as the staff at the outpatient center where I had my colonoscopy are also very professional and attentive, and made my experience almost enjoyable! All that was missing was a mint on my bed!