Dr. Sam Scolaro DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Riverview, FL

3.8

September 17th, 2015
RN
Dr. Scolaro is easy to talk to, he listens and has great bedside manners. He always has a smile.

June 24th, 2015
Is he really a doctor
I became a patient of Dr. Scolaro when my doctor retired. He has repeatedly brought students into the exam room without confirming I was agreeable to it. He has insisted on ordering tests which use Iodine which I am extremely allergic to and doesn't seem to be able to explain why I should take the test either. He doesn't listen to me and is rude when I ask for explanations. Don't even get me started on his staff

January 20th, 2015
Miss my dr
Best dr in the region shame he is no longer with bay care hospital groups

June 6th, 2014
Extremely Unprofessional
I do not recommend anyone see this doctor.

March 17th, 2014
I have been a patient at Dr.Scolaro's office for more than 25 years. His office staff is very kind, and always honest. They always let you know when the wait may be long, and will even advise that you can leave and run errands, and then they will call you when you are about to be called to the back. The only time I have ever heard any staff member be rude to anyone, it was to a patient who was drug seeking, or creating a scene in the office, otherwise Dr.Scolaro and all of his staff treat every one as if they were the only patient in the office. They stay late if you need to be seen, they go out of their way to help with any insurance issues, and basically they treat you like family. It makes me very sad to read some of these reviews who claim that Dr. Scolaro is money hungry. Are you kidding? i've seen a million times that he hasn't charged a patient who didn't have insurance, and people who didn't have any money have brought in fruit or other things for him as "payment". D. Scolaro is one of the last old fashioned docs left who actually became doctors because they really want to help people, whether they can pay, or not. and by the way, if the staff was rude to you, you probably deserved it. If Dr. Scolaro ever retires, we are all going to be missing out on a great physician.

February 6th, 2014
My Doctor for 20 years
I really like Dr.Scolaro but his staff is so rude I come out of there so up set . His daughter Stephanie was so mean ,the only good persons in his office is Joanna and the Mexican lady in the back. He has to know how mean his staff is I have waited 5 hours a couple time then another hour in the back when he was in his old office.They book about one every 10 minutes then take up to a hour with each one. I don't know what to do !!!

April 4th, 2012
THE BEST!!
Dr. Scolaro actually saved my life, so for everyone else trust me he is worth the wait. Been a patient for 16 yrs.
Doctor's Response

I hope this message finds you in good health. Dr. Scolaro has since relocated and joined a new practice with Florida Hospital Physician Group as of January 2014. Best regards.

July 13th, 2011
I have been a patient of dr. Scolaro for over 20 years . He has great bedside manners and doesn't rush you out . He is a great listener and will do everything to make sure you are better. And his daughter is very nice. I'll really miss him when he retires. Satisfied customer

June 16th, 2011
WORSTOFFICE PERSONEL EVER
Just the fact that his daughter runs the ofice it's enough for me to say i would never go back there, she is rude, unprofessional and seems like she brings her personal problems to work and when it come to the Dr. Scolaro he is just soooo hungry for money, he doesn't even care about the patient at all
Doctor's Response

I hope this message finds you in good health. It is unfortunate that you felt that way with your previous experience. Dr. Scolaro has since relocated and joined a new practice with Florida Hospital Physician Group as of January 2014. Our main goal at Florida Hospital Physician Group is to provide excellent care to our patients. We, here, at FHPG, focus on being professional and compassionate and anything less is not tolerated. I can assure you that if you schedule an appointment with him at the new office, your experience will be a great one. Best regards.

May 12th, 2011
worst cheap doctor ever and daughter who runs office is horrible
Doctor's Response

I hope this message finds you in good health. It is unfortunate that you felt that way with your previous experience. Dr. Scolaro has since relocated and joined a new practice with Florida Hospital Physician Group as of January 2014. I can assure you that if you schedule an appointment with him at the new office, your experience will be a great one. Best regards.

March 3rd, 2011
Awful Receptionists and a Two Week Wait!
I needed and appointment for an ear infection and was informed that Dr. Scolaro did'nt have any appointments for over two weeks! TWO WEEKS! And when I questioned why the wait was so long, Joanna, told me that he could only see so many people a day, defening him profusley and told me to go to the emergency room. I tried to speak again, but, she HUNG UP on me. I called back and Joanna acted like she wasn't the receptionist I spoke with. Im so upset, it caused me to cry because I already feel sick and being treated ugly caused me even more suffering. Dr. Scolaro should quit taking in more patients if he cant see them all in a timely manner, but I have Tricare and I suspect it's all about the dollar signs for him and his office. I took no time in changing providers and filed a formal complaint with Tricare. If you are looking for a new Dr., look elsewhere and find a provider who cares about patients.
Doctor's Response

I hope this message finds you in good health. It is unfortunate that you felt that way with your previous experience. Dr. Scolaro has since relocated and joined a new practice with Florida Hospital Physician Group as of January 2014. Our main goal at Florida Hospital Physician Group is to provide excellent care to our patients. We, here, at FHPG, focus on being professional and compassionate and anything less is not tolerated. If a patient of Dr. Scolaro is sick and needs to be seen that same day, instead of making you wait, we can put you on the schedule with another physician that is available the same day. I can assure you that if you schedule an appointment with him at the new office, your experience will be a great one. Best regards.

May 7th, 2009
OVERBOOKED- Could it be Money Hungry?
This doctor's office, (Dr. Sam Scolaro in Valrico,FL) has the worst wait time of any office i've ever been to. Its at least a 2 hour wait in the main lobby, and then another 1, 1.5 hour wait in the exam room. Then the doctor will leave after seeing you and may come back after another 20 minutes. I'm done with this office. Also, his daughter, Stephanie, is nice and all, but very rude and obnoxious and loud while talking to people on the phone while you're sitting there listning in the waiting room. Not very professional at all. Everytime I'm there, she's chewing someone out..either another nurse in the office, or chewing someone out on the phone. Why won't they stop over scheduling???Stay away from this office if you work for a living and need to see a doctor. If you choose this doctor, plan to take the whole day off, even if its to go over bloodwork. He's a great doctor, just very, very poor office management skills.