A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sam Shimamoto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sam Shimamoto is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sam Shimamoto, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Shimamoto graduated from University of Colorado, Denver. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shimamoto has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Joseph's Hospital
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shimamoto accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 4 plans
- Humana - 17 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 7 plans