A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sam West:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sam West is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. West
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. West Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sam West, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. West graduated from Emory University , Atlanta.
Dr. West has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center
- Flowers Hosp, Dothan, Al
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sam Carroll West MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Sam C. West practice?
- Dr. Sam West has 2 office locations.
Dr. Sam West practices Psychiatry near Dothan, AL.
See Dothan Psychiatrists.