Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  A wonderful Doctor Who Makes You Feel Alright and Reassuring  |  show details
by EJP, San Francisco on Mar 16th, 2013

I had an emergency surgery last month, 02/13 and was assigned to Dr. Langer at Kaiser in SFO. The day before my surgery, she came by to my room and explained to me in detail about my illness, the healing process and the post surgical visit I needed later. She further explained that I was not keloid former which made me feel better. I had laparoscopy done years ago and I developed a very bad case of scarring; a plastic surgeon had to remove it. However, it still left me with a large scar and keloid that I had to deal with steroid injections for over a year. I just believed Dr. Langer and impressed with her professional experience and being a skilled surgeon in her field. The day after my surgery, she visited me again and asked how I was doing. I felt good and was recuperating well. "you won't have keloid. you are not a keloid former. You had an infection i. Your first laparoscopy." Case close. Three weeks after, here I am and healing well. My incisions are almost dry and the scars, minimal. I will just have to massage them with antibiotic cream in a week and cover them with silicone gel for 6 months to flatten the scar. Imagine my ordeal to endure a bad scarring implication under the hands of an incompetent surgeon whom I thought was the best in his field! Dr. Langer is excellent, precise, explains your procedure in lay man's term that makes it easy for you to understand. She has a heart and knows how to listen with empathy. And sensitive that you are in pain that is why a surgery is imperative to get rid of the pain and the culprit that is causing the disease.

|  L Ulep  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

Dr. Langer was referred to me by the Radiologist and first time to met her. During my appointment she explained all the details and findings of my sickness and in plain language that it is easily understood on what I will expect during the surgery.

|  Excellent And Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Greg Broderick-Villa, MD on Dec 3rd, 2010

My parents are Kaiser members, and I am actually a physician in private practice. When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, I made an appointment with Dr Langer at Kaiser San Francisco. My mother was greeted by the staff in a timely and professional manner. Dr Langer had reviewed the chart and was able to explain the disease and treatment process in a knowledgeable and efficient manner. This was not easy as my mother is not a native English speaker, and she was quite overwhelmed by the diagnosis. Dr Langer took her time and was patient and reassuring. Although my mother was scared by the disease, she is confident about her decision to have Dr Langer operate. I was so impressed that I am writing this review on the day of the visit 12/3/10.

|  If she does ths good...  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2009

I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Langer assigned to me when I was in the ER recently. She ended up being my DR. for the 10 days I was a guest of KAISER DT SF. Although my case could not have been further from her specialty, she provided the best care I could have gotten anywhere and her post hospitalization follow-up was just as wonderful.

|  show details
Apr 20th, 2009

Dr. Langer is an exceptional doctor. She took her time to get to know me and my needs, my concerns and worked with me on my decisions for my procedure.