Dr. Samantha Muppalla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 11th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Muppalla is a very professional, caring and compassionate person. Whatever your health issue may be , she will explain it and make sure you understand how it will be handled. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Muppalla. When she left St Francis and went to Stormont Vail Hospital, I followed her. I could not imagine having any other doctor. I recommend her highly. I guarantee, you will be in the Best of Hands.

September 5th, 2016
Thumbsdown
Very Rude.

August 9th, 2016
Not very personable from what I had been accustomed to.

January 6th, 2016
I went into an urgent care facility with my 11 year old daughter. She had recently had strep throat and her exact symptoms (nausea, sore throat, body aches) had returned. my regular doctors office was closed. I shared my concerns with the urgent care nurse. Without even seeing her Dr. Mupalla ordered a flu test which was negative. She did order a rapid strep test after examining her. She was said she was sure she didn't have strep after the rapid test came back negative. My daughter was in intense pain and tearful. She was very rude and spoke down to me. I told her she wont eat (which is VERY RARE) for her. The Dr. then told my daughter "you have to eat to get better" which my regular doctor said was untrue that as long as she was staying hydrated she was okay. I asked her if she was going to send it off to the lab to allow it to grow (which is what has happened every time we have had a negative result). She had no idea if a second swab was even used and had to check. it was sent off to the lab and two days later I received a call confirming that my daughter did indeed have Strep throat. I will NEVER use this doctor again. On top of that a coworker of mine used her as well recently and misdiagnosed also. She told my friend she had a Staph infection and ordered a 2% cream. A few days later she was in ER with IV antibiotics. The ER doctor said there was no way that was a Staph infection and didn't even resemble one. I firmly believe Dr. Mupalla has no idea what she is doing.

July 9th, 2014
NO bedside manner
This doctor has no bedside manner... but she did take the time needed with me. I also wonder if I am mistaking bad bedside manner to the fact that she says it like it is. I have been to drs that literally walk in the room, say what do you need, I tell them and they fax in scripts.This dr is not going to give you un-needed meds for sure. She is a great doctor for older patients I think.

May 9th, 2014
She is extemely compasionate, takes time especially with older people like mom, ,explains things in details . very smart

February 11th, 2014
Horrible experiences
I have seen this doctor 3-4 times and each time she has been rude and insulting. She laughs AT you and your concerns. A terrible bedside manner and she does not seem to have any compassion. I will not be going back there ever!!!! I can't see where anyone would want her as their health care provider.

February 6th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr. Maupalla and she has all ways been very polite to me. when ask to get up on the table, she took my hand and helped me. the minute she sees me, she smiles and ask me how I am doing. I have been seeing her for about 5 weeks and have no complaints. compared to the doctors I have had, Dr. Maupalla is a delight! She has treated my condition and it is so much better than it was when I was with my old health care provider. This far, I have nothing but good things to say about her.

January 30th, 2014
This doctor is rude, horrible, and not very bright. She said my two month old is overweight and needs to a specialist. In addition to her rude demeanor she tried to tell me I wasn't putting my daughters onesie on right...really? First and only experience with her and I will not be going back.

January 7th, 2014
HORRIBLE
This doctor was HORRIBLE! She has terrible bedside manner. She was very rude and insulting. Further, she didn't seem very knowledgeable. I will certainly not see her again. While waiting for lab work, other patients were complaining about her too.

November 11th, 2013
Looking for new doctor
SHe tends to be rude 'not really with it" . I went to see for high blood pressure and she just wanted me to take meds without making sure other things weren't causing. Yes, I"m overweight but I had proof my HBP only had happened since I had had surgery. After that got under controll she seemed like she needed to find other things wrong with me. Saying "well you only have HBP and obesity you REALLY need to get in here in the next month to have a physical". Wo, I am on the hunt for a new doctor. She's not on corporate drive any longer recently moved. staff at the old place was friendlier but not at the new place out near lake shawnee.

August 23rd, 2013
Rude
Did not have pleasant experience with this doctor. Not very knowledgeable, but rude in demeanor