Dr. Samar Sankari MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

December 3rd, 2015
Great experience. Knowledge. Was lucky to have received her on a referral.

October 23rd, 2015
Not happy
While she is a very nice person I went in for my thyroid all she wanted to talk about was my A1-C which by the way was well within average range for a non diabetic. I felt my thyroid meds needed increased her answer was for me to eat less and excercise. She rushed in and out so quickly..... I felt like I was bothering her. I paid with cash and was refused a receipt! I will not be going back!!!! Wait time was awful! Staff rude!

February 12th, 2015
horible doctor
I visited her office once that was enough for me. I have hypothyroidism and she does not listen to what her patients have to say. She also rushes you in and out. Its like thanks for the office call money. Most people I know who have thyroid conditions go through more than anybody could imagine and most of us do extensive research on the matter. If you see this doctor I promise you she will treat you like your dumb and to add to it I am a professional in the medical field myself. GOOD LUCK for anyone who see her.

May 29th, 2014
Please do not go see this doctor. I had no problems going to this doctors office until today. It took me a month to get this appointment when I walked in I gave them my insurance card. The lady at the front office said "Oh your family doctor is wrong so we can't see you until you get this changed." So I sat there calling the Insurance to get the family doctor changed. While I am doing this the front office lady starts taking the patients back that came in after me. I went up to her and said "So because my insurance has the wrong family doctor on the card you are bumping the other people before me?? She said to me "Yes this happened like 4 times yesterday" and then just looked at me...Not even considering hmm maybe this client took off work to come here, maybe she has kids at home and is taking time away from them to be here. She could have cared less!!! Even though it took a month to get in to see this doctor I will be going to another one. Her front office lady was SO RUDE TO ME!! IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SEEING THIS DOCTOR BEWARE OF THE FRONT OFFICE LADY!!! ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR INSURANCE IS CORRECT OR THEY WILL START BUMPING OTHERS IN FRONT OF YOU. I AM SURE THERE ARE OTHER DOCTORS THAT HAVE NICE FRONT OFFICE STAFF THAT WILL SEE ME.

August 20th, 2013
bad bed side manner
saw her for thyroid lvls to be checked they were still high and she refused to increase or change my medication and screamed that i needed to loose wieght..i left her office in tears and never went back.

June 1st, 2012
Very uncaring.
When prescribed level of medication isn't completely helping my daughter's continuing symptoms of hypothyroidism, Dr. Sankari tells her that her problems "must be something else" and says that she has many patients with those same problems. She refuses to try to raise her Synthroid because her blood tests are 'normal' as they have always been 'normal,' but we are seeing improvement with each increase. She is obviously trying to end our discussion by moving toward the door,as we try to seek answers to what exactly the problem is if it's NOT the thyroid. She asks if we want to come back in 3 or 6 months and then walks out they door saying, "good luck!" We left feeling quite helpless.

April 28th, 2011
Thyroid Cancer
My mother was sent to see Dr Sankari after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Dr Sankari took same day appointment and got her in immediately to setup treatment. So far I must say Im impressed with her bed side manner and that she took the time to explain the treamtment and goal we are to achieve. I feel my mother is in very safe hands.

April 8th, 2010
Diabetes
For nearly a year blood sugar daily levels never went below 200. This while under the care of another endocrinologist. within 1 week following my appointment levels were within normal range. Incredible insight an understanding.

August 15th, 2009
She did not seem to listen or be understanding with my symptoms and just wanted to see me again in three months but after me being persistant, she sent me for labs, and wants to see me again in two weeks. I see myself as going for a second opinion.